General Suggestions for ET5?

MjCullen

:blush:

I had a great weekend and the guests, crew and organisers did a fab job!

The one thing that really made me upset was at the themed party nights. I left the guests to it because i could see quite a lot of people were around them. Then finally when it was relatively quiet i eventually plucked up the courage to speak to a guest, to be pushed out the way and onto the floor by a group of fans.

I went gold this time due to last time being standard and the rooms were serpate for the types of ticket holders.

I think maybe bringing this back because, i didnt really have any chance to have a chat to any of the guests execpt for when i bidded for an encounter/wine reception. I just found this kinda ruined the fri/sat party for me and knocked my confidence quiet alot.

Also the wine reception was a fantastic idea and went well, would just like to suggest maybe sitting around a table each like guest encounters. Because i was stood in a rather large group and couldnt hear the guest and was kind of pushed out the circle so didnt have chance to ask any questions.

Apart from those 2 suggestions i really enjoyed the weekend and the guests were fantastic! I know we had some bad luck with loosing guests, but massive events really made it up brining gill birmingham and charlie :)

Would just like to add Boo Boo was a great guest and really easy to talk to and a gentleman for hes age ....

My daughter and I didn't get the chance to speak to any guests either because, as you say, they were surrounded. Although I think this is probably mostly due to us being shy and cowardly - lol. However, if they were separated by ticket types we wouldn't even have seen them either. I am a single mum and currently a student training to be a teacher so I couldn't have afforded to go Gold for the drinks reception, or bid for an encounter :wub:

We are hoping to be braver next time!!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With regards to seating I don't agree with seat numbers, although there was a standard in the front row on the Sunday.......

Photo collection, a simple que just needs to be made, where everyone walks around Clockwise, rather then just pushing and shoving, no need especially wen most pictures are all grouped together.... All my shoots where in one pile to collect.

Other then that no complaints loved it :blush:

Ohh and also no seat in the drinks reception please, it's meant to be exactly that a casual drink environment.... Not a quest encounter they are two completely seperate things... There was seats in there that people cud sit one while there was no guest on there table

Edited by Team Paul

I also do not think it would be fair to have a seperate room for standard tickets!

Standards have paid for their ticket too, and as the previous woman said, not everyone can afford £150/£225 (or however much gold is) twice a year, on top of hotel costs, outfits, food, travel etc. Turns in to a massive expense and as it is , golds pay more to get the drinks reception with the guests.

I don't understand why there was so many people trying to get there photos all at once! It was so crowded and at some points i literally couldn't even see the tables :YAHOO: and i was getting pushed about too.

There was no where near that many people trying to get photos all once at ET3 and ET2 and i found it very easy and calm to pick up my photos at both these events! ;)

Yeah i saw that as well! :YAHOO:

If i'd have been near them i'd have said that's really intelligent, not!

What if they spilled coffee over people's photos, those people would have been devistated! ;)

I wanted to say something but they might have thrown the coffee over me instead..

thanks. To be honest I was so ill on sunday we got my pics and went straight home, but I was very lucky in the photo collection that some lovely crew members helped me find my photos and bought them to me so I did not get pushed about.

Would it not be possible to bring in a system where pictures are mailed out after the show? using a digital camera and calling/naming the pictures by ticket number could be a good way to organize this. just a thought :)

You feeling better now though? *hugs*

I was amazed at the calmness of the people putting out the photos, if it had been me I would have shouted at the top of my voice. 'Just step ********* now'

For me this was my first ET, it was great fun, and the most crouded I've ever seen a convention. The Qs were

a bit mad. lol

The only thing for me that I would get rid of is that blooming smoke machine! At one point i belted my friend in the face as I could not see her! It smelled horrid, made my eyes sting and I couldn't breath through it. It was nasty. Other than that - great stuff!

Yeah i saw that as well! :YAHOO:

If i'd have been near them i'd have said that's really intelligent, not!

What if they spilled coffee over people's photos, those people would have been devistated! ;)

I wanted to say something but they might have thrown the coffee over me instead..

This made me LOL

At least it would have saved the photos...

I hadnt even thought about the drinks. I hope people wernt thinking I was one of those people with a drink, at one point I had a empty cup from a hot chocolate I had earlier (Hilton seem to have a bin shortage around the hotel ), but regardless I never actually got close to the table being so short amongst all the shoving I didn't stand a chance, a lovely crew member saw me struggle n must have spotted my pics do she brought them around to me lol

I hadnt even thought about the drinks. I hope people wernt thinking I was one of those people with a drink, at one point I had a empty cup from a hot chocolate I had earlier (Hilton seem to have a bin shortage around the hotel ), but regardless I never actually got close to the table being so short amongst all the shoving I didn't stand a chance, a lovely crew member saw me struggle n must have spotted my pics do she brought them around to me lol

No, they were leaning over the table pointing at photos with the hands that held the cups.

No, they were leaning over the table pointing at photos with the hands that held the cups.

Oh Thank god, i was starting to feel bad then lol

Though a good thing i have thought of!

Kudos to ME for the signing Friday afternoon - between 4-6pm there was a signing that was only listed on the screens around the hotel. We got in there before it started and when the guests arrived it took me around 20minutes max to get all my autographs.

Really liked this and hope its at the next con - it made my saturday and sunday a lot less busy as i didn't have to think about my signings other than for the new guests that had arrived :WINCE:

I dont think seats should be numbered - I like the freedom of being able to sit with my friends in other groups.

However, I do get extremely frustrated when I cant hear groups being called due to the masses of people talking because they know its not going to be their turn yet!

And when I do hear that my group has been called I cant get through and into the hall because people are deliberately in the way. Some attendees still seem to think that its first come first seated and it never has been! They stand in the way of other attendees until their group has been called because they dont think its 'fair' for people to turn up after them and get seated first. I think part of the confusion is due to crew referring to the people waiting to enter the room as a 'queue' which it isnt its just a holding area.

Earlier in the thread someone suggested queuing in number order - If this is too difficult perhaps people could at least stand in group order?!

I dont think seats should be numbered - I like the freedom of being able to sit with my friends in other groups.

However, I do get extremely frustrated when I cant hear groups being called due to the masses of people talking because they know its not going to be their turn yet!

And when I do hear that my group has been called I cant get through and into the hall because people are deliberately in the way. Some attendees still seem to think that its first come first seated and it never has been! They stand in the way of other attendees until their group has been called because they dont think its 'fair' for people to turn up after them and get seated first. I think part of the confusion is due to crew referring to the people waiting to enter the room as a 'queue' which it isnt its just a holding area.

Earlier in the thread someone suggested queuing in number order - If this is too difficult perhaps people could at least stand in group order?!

I too find the noise level frustrating when getting called for photoshoots, I was standing in the wrong que at one point, asked the person in front of me who just shurgged their shoulders at me, so had to ask the person in front of them.

You feeling better now though? *hugs*

I was amazed at the calmness of the people putting out the photos, if it had been me I would have shouted at the top of my voice. 'Just step ********* now'

A bit thanks hun :) I seemed to develop a severe cold/flu over the weekend but luckily do seem to be on the mend a bit today - Just have a bad cough now. Hopefully I will be fit and well for ET6!

x

I thought it was a good idea to have a queuing area for gold/silver pass holders separate from the standards and think its a good idea to queue in number or at least group order. I have been silver at all of my conventions and always try and get as close to silver #1 as poss but think its a bit of a waste of time if people who are a later number than you are getting into the talks before you. The reason I pay for silver is to get as close to the front for the talks - if the groups are queued in order then it means that has more chance of happening.

The only thing I can think of is just what's already been said...about the queue for the talks. I like to wait behind to sit with my friends but it was really hard to get through the crowds & even though Too Tall was shouting for people to be quiet so everyone could hear their ticket numbers being called not everyone listened...it was a bit messy, and I don't know how it could be sorted with so many people but whatever happens please let us still wait behind to sit with our friends :blink:

Don't like the seated number idea - I was silver, but waited back to sit in standard to be with my friend. I have been sat by myself in the talks before and had a miserable experience! Perhaps there could be a couple (or more - can't remember how many is in a group) of rows with the group letter on?

Saving a whole row for loads of friends isn't fair.....however my friend and I did save seats for each other both afternoons - once because I was supposed to meet up with her in the queues and I got there late so she'd already gone in. And the other because she was stuck in the photo queue for Charlie and I went in....but we both turned up within seconds of each other anyway.

Agree with the smoke machine at the parties - just makes me cough and can't see properly and makes photos awful since the flash throws all the smoke back and all photos are cloudy - my friend and I love taking pics of each other with the props and stuff.

Food in the little food court was very poor - did not cater for vegetarians at all - was I supposed to live on rather cold wedges all weekend?! We ate the pizza in the lounge bar the next 2 nights.

I think maybe the talks and parties worked better when they were down at the bottom of the hotel in that other room - it just separated the queues and stuff a bit more....and I'm sure the Hilton staff didn't appreciate our parties spilling out into the lobby so much!!

Oh...and photo retrieval was ridiculous!! I got pushed around and my hair pulled so much (okay - I have too much of it!) that I got fed up and left the room...went back after the auction and some kind crew lady had found all my pics and put them together for me. Maybe it could be roped off or something (like at a theme park when queueing for ride) so that everyone has to go around clock wise and no one shoves in and just moves along the tables....or have a seperate table/s for each bunch of guest photos?!

Edited by CharmedOne