General Suggestions for ET5?

MjCullen

The questions definitely need to be sorted out, I remember there being proper discussions at ET1 and ET2...can we steal some of those questions please? I'd much rather hear about their career's and such tbh rather than "Team Edward or Jacob?" :D Me and my friends did submit a question but it wasn't asked, I'll make sure we ask tons next time :P

i was in Charlie's guest encounter on the sunday and Julia's on the saturday, and the questions in those talks were so much better than the general ones. The answers were loads better too. Charlie was really deep and insightful, and passionate, but also really funny too. There were no questions about the character really, but he opened up about his childhood a bit, his fave music and why, his film roles. Julia was the same, talking about films and favourite things, and things that bug her. I would honestly like to hear more about that rather than "What are u most looking forward to about Breaking Dawn?" and the answers were all either "working" or "getting the script" x

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hated the wristbands (seeing as mine came off on Saturday night leaving me in a slight panic about getting banned) but I thought the colour coordination was a good idea especially during the talks they kept coming round to check colours and it was so much quicker for them just being able to flash so maybe our dog tags coul be colour coordinated so that this could happen again?

Also as always the auction was extremely enjoyable but I was thinking maybe a raffle? For those who can't afford to spend outrageous amounts some items could be raffled much like the guest encounters. Say a chair £5 a raffle ticket and I think if advertised and mentioned most people would buy a ticket for at least 1 chair and you have over 1000 attendees now yes? There's a nice £5000 for the chairs I realise this may not work specifically with the chairs as people want the chair they want and are willing to pay for it but maybe for the smaller guests we would have had this weekend like Leah (my nice new chair) and Kirsten (had she attended) where as with guests like Alex and Michael at the next one they have major fans willing to pay hundreds but I think with the smaller guests chairs or even if not that maybe something signed by all attendees? Like the montage (had it had an accurate representation of attendees on it) you buy a ticket for a nominal amount and could end up with something signed by all the guests?

Also not really a suggestion but the lighting on stage seemed really bright for the guests at times . . .

If I have any more thoughts I shall let you know

Oh how about a weekend with Charlie con? Then those who are getting angry about missing him get their fix and we don't have to get him for ET5 (which I heard rumours was going to lead to someone killing people if they spoke out against this)

And I know this was cleared up at the event but no more montages! I usually buy the 8x10 version in the dealers room and was unable too cos you had told the guy not too and the bigger one was too much hassle to get home with my chair so now I'm gonna have a hole in my ET montages :D

Just a thought for ET5, a lot of people have been asking the difference between Silver and Standard and the only major difference is the added photoshoots and the better seating. Is there no way that at ET5 there could be an added event for Gold AND Silver to go to? So the gold still get the reception with the guests that the Silver dont but the silver also get an event that the standard dont get?

I know some of the US cons do guest hosted Kareokes and things like that. An event like that for Gold and Silver would be amazing! It would also make people actually feel that the silvers were worth it rather than it just being you pre paying for your photos as it is seen as now :thumbup:. I know this might not be possible due to money, crew, guest issues, but it would be nice for the silvers to have something they can share with the golds that makes them feel booking silver instead of standard was more worth it.

• Moderators

I really can't see how they can fit more into the schedule than is already there.

To be fair, everyone knows what they're getting, and so every person gets the chance to weigh up their options and whether it's worth getting a certain ticket type etc.

If someone doesn't think a Silver ticket is worth it, then just go Standard. I don't think it'd make a huge difference to anyone.

Its only a suggestion, since this is a suggestions thread. A lot of people have been saying there is very little difference between Silver and Standard except for the seating. If you happen to have a high ticket silver then theres little difference in over all price to a standard since you would be sitting near the standard seats anyway *shrug*

It doesnt have to be anything massive, just a little slot of something. People like to feel they are getting what they pay for, thats the way things go. Also once you buy a Silver ticket its not like you can suddenly go 'oh theres only 5 guests, that means I am paying £20 extra for slightly better seats.' Once its bought its bought.

Edited by Ghost

I get what your saying ghost but the difference between standard and silver I think is roughly £65. There were 7 guests at ET4 which were £10 for each photoshoot so thats £70 right there for a standard if they decide they want all the photoshoots. Which I have to say is where silver are getting their moneys worth if you get what I mean. Realistically you also have to remember that sometimes the bigger guests can cost £15 for photoshoots so then as a silver you'd be saving alot more. Luckily at weekend I only wanted one picture with Gil, if anything I would have loved the authors to have been in a room to get pictures with them instead. Of course if I'd had silver then I would have gotten my pictures with all of them.

The only reason I get standard most of the time is cause I have to pay for two people to attend the con and I can't justify that sort of money and my boyfriend isn't too interested in photoshoots anyway. Also getting standard gives months to save up for photoshoots if I really want them.

Ok i haven't had chance to read through all 7 pages but i have a screaming baby so here goes!

Queues: i found it utter;y ridiculous that on Sunday there was a queue going one way for photo's and one going the other way for the talks. Maybe arranging the photo shoot to be in another room when it is close to a talk? I know that is may just have been because Charlie arrived late so everything was crammed together with him.

I don't know why, but i expected there to be a room with the films on a loop or something where people could go rather than hanging around in the corridors when there were already a lot of people waiting for photos and talks etc. Or maybe a room for Quizes that people could take part in when they were not due for autographs and photos.

The corridors of the Hilton aren't that wide and it was a constant battle just to walk down at times!

In terms of collecting photos, i think the way they were laid out with all of one guest together worked, what did work was the tables being so close together! That room was huge, spreading them out would have ensured people could have got to each table rather than queuing to get to the front then just moving along, rather than getting to the front, getting your photo and moving to another table! I found a lot of people were just looking at the photos of other people!

Guests at parties: It seemed to be the same people around them all the time. They never really made it to the other side of the room which was where we were both Friday and Saturday. I think i read somewhere that at one of the events they made their way round to each table then were free to mingle if they wanted. I think this would be a good idea just so everyone gets a chance to say hi. There were a few over the top girls who were all over the guests and it was seriously embarrassing for people who had children!

I spoke to a lot of people who were disappointed that the guests were there at the start and then spent the rest of the night in the hotel bar with a select group of people. Do we stay at the party or leave to try and say hello to the guests?

Dealers room was a bit crowded, i actually expected more but there was very little room for people to be in there!

Also, a list of items available in the auction would have been great so you know what things are coming up and you don't run out of money before the good stuff!!!

Thanks for a wonderful 1st Convention. Apologies if anything i have said has been discussed to death!

xxx

Would definitely love a Meadow Room like in ET1. This was where I made all of my friends who I still meet up with now as it was a nice quiet area for people to sit and chat. During the day you are so busy you dont get much of an opportunity to really bond with people and on a night it is obv loud in the party room with the music and stuff. If there was a quiet room to go to for chats and stuff and to discuss the books and the films til our hearts content it would be a-mazing!!!

Definitely think more pre-planned questions should be used. I dont know about anyone else but it actually makes me on edge when the mic is being passed round to people as I think "God what are they gonna ask???" and like a few people said, some of the questions were really poor. Perhaps if ME had some backup general questions to ask that would apply to all guests incase there werent enough usable ones from the ones already submitted. Also perhaps not as many individual talks and more time spent on the talk with all of the guests? i.e group the guests into bigger groups for less talks (if that makes sense...I know what I mean anyway haha)

On a final note, I know someone else has already mentioned this but it is ridiculous that people who had tickets in the 100s were queuing right near the door and blocking off the likes of me who was silver 38. They're not gonna get in before their number is called so why block the way of people trying to get past to get into the hall. By the time we battled our way to the front group F was being called. I know it is really difficult to moderate 1000 people who all want to get as close to the front as possible though so I will let ME off with that!!!!