rude people

Myself205

I over heard a few comments about me when I was cosplaying on Saturday night. I was dressed up as my interpritation of Didyme (my boyfriend was Marcus, so it made sence) ok, because she isn't in films it wasn't obvious who I was dressed as, but when I posed with the Volturi/Cullen cosplayers I heard a few "why is she stood in it" and "who is she supposed to be" I appreciate it may not be obvious, but the comments did upset me and made me feel like I shouldn't have bothered. If Didyme and Marcus appear at ET5, I will probably make a sign saying "Didyme" on it to stop the coments.

As for the auctions, me and John always comment on how high prices go up, but it is never out of jealousy and it is never meant in a horrible way, normally just surprised! But sorry to anyone we may have upset just by being totally gobsmacked!

Xxx

I don't know if it will make any difference now, but I knew who you were and thought you and your boyfriend looked wonderful and I meant to go and tell you on the night but it was all a bit manic and I didn't get the chance! My sister and I are of the opinion that if you're going to go to a convention, you might as well make the most of it, and cosplay is a just another part of that for us. The amount of sniping kind of surprised me and kind of not. Not, because if you didn't know who my sister was being on one day, she looked kind of dodgy (Joan Jett from the Runaways) but yes because at the big, signing shows our outfits have always gone down fabulously when people can legitimately dislike Twilight. :YAHOO: Anyway, people should just realise if you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say it at all, and people should also realise that just because I have earphones in that doesn't mean I have loud music on and can't hear you talking about me. :thumbup:

Auction-wise I might have a tiny apology to make - I was trying to get one of the Peter autographs and they both went for £5 more than I had, so I did go off on a bit of a tiny rant but it was very quiet, not directed at anyone except my finances and very very sarcastic - like, enough so that the people I was with were laughing. So if it was me, sorry. :thumbup:

As for the auctions, me and John always comment on how high prices go up, but it is never out of jealousy and it is never meant in a horrible way, normally just surprised! But sorry to anyone we may have upset just by being totally gobsmacked!

Xxx

See, it's totally what you're used to! I've never seen anything go for less than £300 in a convention auction, because of the particular section of Stargate fandom that attended those events. So when I only saw one or two items go for more than £300, I couldn't believe how cheap it was!

I know they take ther time to work a con but i have 2 very rude people working at the con talk to me like s**t it was totally out of order and rude.. i found et4 a little :thumbup: because of how some of the staff were.

Always, always talk to Too Tall or Mara straight away!

A lot of the time, the crew don't mean to snip. It's no excuse, but in the environment a lot gets misunderstood. Heck, there are even misunderstandings and upsets amongst the crew, mostly due to stress and "cabin fever". I know I personally said things in a way that could be misinterpreted once or twice and I made every effort to apologise to the the people concerned. And though, both times, the attendees told me they *hadn't* been upset by it, it got me so worried that I could have ruined someone's weekend!

If you don't want to talk to Too Tall or Mara directly, then I'm sure there are a few people on here like Rhi (or even myself) who would listen and then pass on your comments.

The last thing anybody wants is for you to go away upset!

Anyone who takes the time and effort to cosplay, not matter who they are portraying has my respect. Sometimes I will look and think I don't know who they are but that's me being thick rather than anything else. I saw all the Volturi cosplayers and thought they all looked fab! I'm starting to see a pattern emerge on these threads. A lot of sad people because others made snarky negative comments towards them because of what they were doing/wearing etc. Each to their own I say. Live and let live. Life is far too short. And the next time you think something rude or nasty is on its way out of your mouth, engage the filter because even if you think no one can hear you, some one always can. It makes me sad that what should have been a great weekend for all of us, turned into a nightmare for some.

Making mean comments about how much someone is willing to bid on an item is rather thoughtless and possibly a display of jealousy?

No one should have to justify what they choose to spend their money on. You don't know their situation and you don't know how much that item means to someone.

I had some comments when I came back to me seat with my auction win - telling me I was mad etc....but I work hard at 2 jobs for my money and the item I won I am ecstatic with, it means the damn world to me and has made me smile more than anything has for months! Even if I did become famous for the rest of the weeked as the girl who bought Jackson's t-shirt...I considered setting up my own table and signing autographs at one point :D

Nice one on winning the shirt, That was a fantastic item to win. Will you frame it or just keep it as it is ?

Forgot to say, if someone wants to pay a gazzillion pounds on a tin can farted in by Jackson Rathbone, then good for them. One of the exciting things about the auctions is seeing just how much people pay for things and isn't it great when a bidding war breaks out? I didn't stay for it this time because I was ill and needed sleep but my daughter texted me when the biggies went up. I want to be friends with those people next time lol!!

I was sat next to her on the aisle seat, and I felt so sorry for you bot that were sat in front! During the talks she kept shifting further and further onto my chair too. I was thinking, I've got nowhere else to move except onto the floor!

I remember seeing you actually! I knew you weren't with them and you did look a bit annoyed too! x

Making mean comments about how much someone is willing to bid on an item is rather thoughtless and possibly a display of jealousy?

No one should have to justify what they choose to spend their money on. You don't know their situation and you don't know how much that item means to someone.

I had some comments when I came back to me seat with my auction win - telling me I was mad etc....but I work hard at 2 jobs for my money and the item I won I am ecstatic with, it means the damn world to me and has made me smile more than anything has for months! Even if I did become famous for the rest of the weeked as the girl who bought Jackson's t-shirt...I considered setting up my own table and signing autographs at one point :unsure:

Nice one on winning the shirt, That was a fantastic item to win. Will you frame it or just keep it as it is ?

It is currently hung on a coathanger beside my bed :YAHOO::D But I am probably going to get it professionaly framed to take good care of it. My friend reckons I should buy a big teddy and let him wear it and then take it to bed... :blink: perhaps if it wasn't signed and drawn all over, I'd be tempted....but I know my cats would ruin it - they have a nasty habit of puking on my bed and I'd be devastated if they puked on the t-shirt - the ink would run if it was washed! :wub:

And thanks...I've had a crappy few weeks and that was the best thing that has happened to me in months!! :clap:

The girl behind me in the talks on Sunday really got on my nerves.

First she kept kicking my chair, so i moved my chair forward a bit, and then she moved her's forward and started doing it again!

Then she held on to the back of my chair and kept catching my hair. She said sorry 3 times so i said well if you are so sorry, just stop doing it! Then of course she let on she didn't understand English, even though she laughed along with the jokes the guests made so she obviously understood fine!

Then when she was taking photos during the talks, she put her hand right in between my friend and i. We were back row of the gold seats and she was the first row of silver, she might have well just came and sat on my knee the whole time!! :lol: Personal space anyone?!!

I know sometimes people don't realize they are coming across as rude or annoying, but if you have to keep apologizing for doing something, surely you know you should stop doing it?!

I would have gone insane if that had been me! Honestly I would have screamed at her, how childish/rude do you have to be?

You were an amazing didyme and anyone who didnt get it arent as twihardy as us ^-^

Hee hee! Thank you so much hun! You were a totally awesome Jane too!!! :P

In think it's great that people actually put in so much effort with their interpretations of characters that we aren't going to see on screen. I thought you were an awesome Didyme and it was a privelege to pull your head off :P

Thank you so much too you too hun! Hee hee @ the head pulling comment! I am guessing you are Chris/Caius? If so, you totally rocked too!! :lol:

I don't know if it will make any difference now, but I knew who you were and thought you and your boyfriend looked wonderful and I meant to go and tell you on the night but it was all a bit manic and I didn't get the chance!

Thank you very much hun! That is lovely of you to say! :D

See, it's totally what you're used to! I've never seen anything go for less than £300 in a convention auction, because of the particular section of Stargate fandom that attended those events. So when I only saw one or two items go for more than £300, I couldn't believe how cheap it was!

Thats true I guess! I am always amazed and love watching/listening to the auction, and although I am still gobsmacked by them, I never react or respond in a negative or bad way! I mean, I wouldn't spend the amounts that go on some of the bits, but I have just paid £9000 of my savings on my next holiday (which is totally insane!!) but everyone has things they would and wouldnt spend money on! I certainly have never meant anyone upset if I caused any (anyone who knows me knows I am not like that!!)

xxx

Jacksons shirt was such an awesome item, well done to SM for getting it! And well done to you for winning it :D I didn't bid (I haven't at any con yet) but believe me, I was soooo close :D heh :P

So yeah, rude people lol! We had a group of french girls behind us talking full volume throughout the talks, god I swear :D and then during the auction a couple of them moved to the row in front of us and continued to have their conversation over us, grrrr :(

I had some comments when I came back to me seat with my auction win - telling me I was mad etc....but I work hard at 2 jobs for my money and the item I won I am ecstatic with, it means the damn world to me and has made me smile more than anything has for months! Even if I did become famous for the rest of the weeked as the girl who bought Jackson's t-shirt...I considered setting up my own table and signing autographs at one point :(

Here Here, well said!!!!!

And well done on your recent aquisition!!!! :D

AND

It really p****s us off that people moaned about other attendees with disbalities. They of course would go in first, thats just common sense for safety reasons alone and those who were actually annoyed that they got in before them....seriously how petty can you be? We are sure most of the those disabled people would much rather be standing outside with the masses waiting to burst in and grab the best chair they could. So in future maybe those people be grateful that you can take yourself into the hall and sit yourself down regardless of whether it means you wait, god forbid... a few extra minutes, rather than having to be in a position where you require extra assistance.

Edited by gemma85

As one of those with mobility problems I can say that we don't ask for special treatment the organisers themselves consider the safety issues and let us in first. Personally for the talks I ended up sat completely on my own and would have loved someone to sit next to me made me feel even worse.

As one of those with mobility problems I can say that we don't ask for special treatment the organisers themselves consider the safety issues and let us in first. Personally for the talks I ended up sat completely on my own and would have loved someone to sit next to me made me feel even worse.

Are you the lady with ME who was sat on her own? If it is you my OH sat next to you and I next to him - I was also on crutches. :wub:

Gemma85, from a personal point of view you are spot on :D I simply can't stand around chatting to people so I don't really get a chance to mingle and meet new people. Had a lovely chat with two gold pass ladies at lunch and that was it chatting with attendee's.

Also had a lovely chat with Shabs outside of Leah's photo shoot, simply because he sat down next to me. other than that I didn't get the chance to meet new people. So you are so right when you say 'rather be standing outside with the masses' because that is when singleton's (my OH only goes to look after me - he isn't in the slightest bit interested) like me get to meet like minded people!

Just remembered - I also chatted with a lady and her son while we both waited to get in the disabled loo!

Edited by Vera

Are you the lady with ME who was sat on her own? If it is you my OH sat next to you and I next to him - I was also on crutches. :D

that wasn't me but I think on saturday you may have been a few row in front of me as I was quite high silver ticket

Are you the lady with ME who was sat on her own? If it is you my OH sat next to you and I next to him - I was also on crutches. :D

that wasn't me but I think on saturday you may have been a few row in front of me as I was quite high silver ticket

Couldn't have been me then as I was sat in the 2nd row of the standard tickets, in the row for the P Group tickets.