rude people

Myself205

This weekend, people in majority were nice and polite.

It's been mentionned in another post about people shouting out during the talks.

I have to say that I didn't enjoy the auction because of a group of women in front of me who kept talking the whole time and made comments about people spending money and comments about ME/SM.

You might not like some stuff ect (I do) but there is NO need to stay in the hall, just left the auction if you are not interested!!!

Hi

I wasn't at the event but the auction is not like the guest talks, there are always people talking at the auction, it doesn't bother me that much to be honest. I have heard people say "I cannot believe they are paying £600 for dinner" but I really don't think that could be classed as rude, from what you are saying it's not like they are heckling at anyone, they are just discussing it amongst themselves.

What did they say about SM/ME out of interest?

I love the auction - I dont bid but I am guilty of making comments about how much people spend.. providing they are not sat at the front where the serious bidders are then I dont see the problem - it doesnt disrupt the running of the auction and the fact that I wouldnt pay hundreds of pounds for a chair doesnt effect whether others do - each to their own!

I love the auction - I dont bid but I am guilty of making comments about how much people spend.. providing they are not sat at the front where the serious bidders are then I dont see the problem - it doesnt disrupt the running of the auction and the fact that I wouldnt pay hundreds of pounds for a chair doesnt effect whether others do - each to their own!

totally agree! :)

If the comments were distressing you that much you could always of moved seats

My opinion of rude is all the sarcastic & nasty comments that were being thrown around by people complaining about people with disabilities getting preferential treatment because they were let into photoshoots & the talk room first. That is rude !

Edited by Mrs Cullen

My opinion of rude is all the sarcastic & nasty comments that were being thrown around by people complaining about people with disabilities getting preferential treatment because they were let into photoshoots & the talk room first. That is rude !

Just to clarify (and I know that you are supportive of the decision and that you are posting about how you find the complaints rude!), those people who were let into the hall first still had to sit approximately where they should sit anyway. So, if someone with Gold 90 had come in, they would have been asked to sit in the 3rd row because that's where their ticket would normally sit (there were approximately 40 chairs in a row. It may have been 37).

After all, it's not fair to risk those on crutches getting further hurt, or the wheelchair users to try and get past all the crowds of fans. It's for their comfort and safety, and for yours. Because I think there might have been complaints if you had a wheelchair run over your foot in the madness!

I did at one point say about the people in wheelchairs getting the front of the queue when they should of been where i was cause they could sit down but i was only joking.. i didnt mean for it to be taken offensive in anyway, i was just joking about my feet aching.. :(

Just to clarify (and I know that you are supportive of the decision and that you are posting about how you find the complaints rude!), those people who were let into the hall first still had to sit approximately where they should sit anyway. So, if someone with Gold 90 had come in, they would have been asked to sit in the 3rd row because that's where their ticket would normally sit (there were approximately 40 chairs in a row. It may have been 37).

After all, it's not fair to risk those on crutches getting further hurt, or the wheelchair users to try and get past all the crowds of fans. It's for their comfort and safety, and for yours. Because I think there might have been complaints if you had a wheelchair run over your foot in the madness!

I was one of the people on crutches :(

I was one of the people on crutches :D

I was too. I found people very nice. I kept apologising for jumping the queue but, to my face at least, everyone was very nice about it. I'm sorry for those of you who had to queue for ages but you really wouldn't want to be in my shoes. I can only attend on one day because the next day I am crippled.

Most people were really sweet about it to my face too but we did overhear a few bitching about it as I went into a couple of shoots & the talks yesterday afternoon (one actually used the "But I'M a VIP" line whilst whinging about it LOL)

If they were to switch places with me for just an hour I bet their attitudes would pretty quickly change.

Edited by Mrs Cullen

Yep, i heard Too Tall mentioning how they get seated (Going by their ticket number even though they go in first)

Maybe if it hadn't been bedlam by the entrance to the halls things would have been better?

Most people were really sweet about it to my face too but we did overhear a few bitching about it as I went into a couple of shoots & the talks yesterday afternoon.

If they were to switch places with me for just an hour I bet their attitudes would pretty quickly change.

I'm sorry you had to hear that, hopefully they were just being thoughtless rather than meaning it nastily and it didn't spoil things for you. I sometimes get comments (not any that I heard at ET4) because I can walk just fine (for a while), but I can't stand still. I feel like I have to explain, I probably shouldn't!

Making mean comments about how much someone is willing to bid on an item is rather thoughtless and possibly a display of jealousy?

No one should have to justify what they choose to spend their money on. You don't know their situation and you don't know how much that item means to someone.

I had some comments when I came back to me seat with my auction win - telling me I was mad etc....but I work hard at 2 jobs for my money and the item I won I am ecstatic with, it means the damn world to me and has made me smile more than anything has for months! Even if I did become famous for the rest of the weeked as the girl who bought Jackson's t-shirt...I considered setting up my own table and signing autographs at one point <_<

Edited by CharmedOne

I know they take ther time to work a con but i have 2 very rude people working at the con talk to me like s**t it was totally out of order and rude.. i found et4 a little <_< because of how some of the staff were.

I did have one crew member be rather rude to me but I noticed they were being rather blunt to everyone and just assumed they were stressed so just shrugged it off. Once I explained why I was asking my apparently so stupid question they thought it was a total joke they actually were quite nice.

I know they take ther time to work a con but i have 2 very rude people working at the con talk to me like s**t it was totally out of order and rude.. i found et4 a little :thumbup: because of how some of the staff were.

Aww most of the staff were vert lovely and helpful some quite chirpy that made me smile :). Me and my friends got told to be quiet but it was a fair comment cos we laugh quite loud so it was no problem lol.

My sister who had never been to a con before came with her son and she has asked a question to one of the 'older helpers' cos obv theyve never been to naything like this and didnt know. The lady snapped at her though. I guess they get stressed as theres lots to do. (I did say this to my sister).

Also I find that I did snap a couple of times of people just standing in a group in the middle of the hallway, especially outside photoshoots. Having a good old chin wag and yet could see about 15 people needed to get past. Why why why stay in the middle of the hallway? Asking 2 times I think is fair before I think your takin the **** lol.

Edited by BeckiUK

Never had any problems with the crew, always found them to go out of their way to help if they could and find someone who could help if they couldn't.

As for con-go-ers being rude - sometimes people just get a bit stressed out by the craziness of the weekend. I myself snapped a few times at the people stood in the middle of the corridors having a good old chat. Beckiuk - prob the same people as you! lol

I over heard a few comments about me when I was cosplaying on Saturday night. I was dressed up as my interpritation of Didyme (my boyfriend was Marcus, so it made sence) ok, because she isn't in films it wasn't obvious who I was dressed as, but when I posed with the Volturi/Cullen cosplayers I heard a few "why is she stood in it" and "who is she supposed to be" I appreciate it may not be obvious, but the comments did upset me and made me feel like I shouldn't have bothered. If Didyme and Marcus appear at ET5, I will probably make a sign saying "Didyme" on it to stop the coments.

As for the auctions, me and John always comment on how high prices go up, but it is never out of jealousy and it is never meant in a horrible way, normally just surprised! But sorry to anyone we may have upset just by being totally gobsmacked!

Xxx

The girl behind me in the talks on Sunday really got on my nerves.

First she kept kicking my chair, so i moved my chair forward a bit, and then she moved her's forward and started doing it again!

Then she held on to the back of my chair and kept catching my hair. She said sorry 3 times so i said well if you are so sorry, just stop doing it! Then of course she let on she didn't understand English, even though she laughed along with the jokes the guests made so she obviously understood fine!

Then when she was taking photos during the talks, she put her hand right in between my friend and i. We were back row of the gold seats and she was the first row of silver, she might have well just came and sat on my knee the whole time!! :thumbup: Personal space anyone?!!

I know sometimes people don't realize they are coming across as rude or annoying, but if you have to keep apologizing for doing something, surely you know you should stop doing it?!

Edited by K4TRIN4

I over heard a few comments about me when I was cosplaying on Saturday night. I was dressed up as my interpritation of Didyme (my boyfriend was Marcus, so it made sence) ok, because she isn't in films it wasn't obvious who I was dressed as, but when I posed with the Volturi/Cullen cosplayers I heard a few "why is she stood in it" and "who is she supposed to be" I appreciate it may not be obvious, but the comments did upset me and made me feel like I shouldn't have bothered. If Didyme and Marcus appear at ET5, I will probably make a sign saying "Didyme" on it to stop the coments.

As for the auctions, me and John always comment on how high prices go up, but it is never out of jealousy and it is never meant in a horrible way, normally just surprised! But sorry to anyone we may have upset just by being totally gobsmacked!

Xxx

You were an amazing didyme and anyone who didnt get it arent as twihardy as us ^-^

Xxx

In think it's great that people actually put in so much effort with their interpretations of characters that we aren't going to see on screen. I thought you were an awesome Didyme and it was a privelege to pull your head off :thumbup:

The girl behind me in the talks on Sunday really got on my nerves.

First she kept kicking my chair, so i moved my chair forward a bit, and then she moved her's forward and started doing it again!

Then she held on to the back of my chair and kept catching my hair. She said sorry 3 times so i said well if you are so sorry, just stop doing it! Then of course she let on she didn't understand English, even though she laughed along with the jokes the guests made so she obviously understood fine!

Then when she was taking photos during the talks, she put her hand right in between my friend and i. We were back row of the gold seats and she was the first row of silver, she might have well just came and sat on my knee the whole time!! :thumbup: Personal space anyone?!!

I know sometimes people don't realize they are coming across as rude or annoying, but if you have to keep apologizing for doing something, surely you know you should stop doing it?!

I was sat next to her on the aisle seat, and I felt so sorry for you both that were sat in front! During the talks she kept shifting further and further onto my chair too. I was thinking, I've got nowhere else to move except onto the floor!