Photoshoot Feedback

BeckiUK

At ET3, I liked the fact that there was one way in for the photos and then a separate door to leave the room. It completely made it easier and to leave the room without having to squeeze past the people in the queue. I totally understand though that it depends which rooms are free in the hotel at the time.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I always ask for my photos to be taken in portrait and have explained my preference to Malcolm on a couple of occassions. These days, I hardly even have to open my mouth to ask :)

Haha yes, you did come to mind when I was thinking about it :D

• 1 month later...

its strange, I loved the SM current backdrops, Ive seen the old blue ones and dont like them, but as a relative newbie this year ive started branching out into other cons, 2 of the more recent ones have used a similar backdrop but pink, now at first I hated it and thought WTF thats weird. but its really grown on me, it makes the photo look more alive and vibrant, especially as most ppl dress in dark or plain colours for shoots.

now the themed backdrops ala twilight, im not sure about, and I think would divide fans more than the current schemes might

surprisingly at the moment I really like the pink backdrop more compared to the blue one (though it needs an iron lol)

27689_432836588202_726573202_577-1.jpgex1-1.jpg

asking malcolm to take the pic a certain way is something ive always wanted to do but I feel bad asking especially as he has to go through so many people, why should I get special treatment, so I havnt as yet. as I hate the portrait shots, I much prefer landscape like above

although I do like the idea of themed backdrops for ME cons like the twi one, but they would need to be really good and durable, although i much prefer the idea of set photos or prop photos like they do at the london film museum with the star wars set, i noticed at a doctor who con that i didnt make it to had a classic tardis set for the photo ops, think it was a backdrop image of the roundels and a real console, it cant of been that expensive especially for a small event but looked really good for photo ops. but again would need to look good in the pic.

I have known people to ask the photographer to take them a certain way before i.e. landscape or portrait if you have a preference.

I don't think it'd really be possible at an ET just because of the amount of people they have to go through - you can imagine how long it'd take to do everyone if each person has their own specific instructions.

Not quite sure how to get around that really.

Well my main concern half the time is actually asking the guests to bend down haha!!! But I will consider asking the photographer next year if I remember :dance:

I have the opposite problem lol, and as im also fat my crouching style to get lower to the guests has drawbacks, maybe I should bring a box with me for guests to stand on lol