Photoshoot Feedback

BeckiUK

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

even though the white back ground is prettier i've preferred the blue back ground, maybe it's because it matched my clothes? I have horrid skin anyway, but my face looks like even blotchier in the white pictures, maybe i didn't do my make up right but eh.... i just seem to look stoned in the white pictures for some reason... or maybe i'm just dead tired... but either way, i've preferred the blue back ground lol

i liked the new photographer of the blue background room better than the lady at the other ET event though cause i never got a nice photo when she was taking them. :lol:

I totally agree this new photographer is better but the blue background sucks - always has.

Ive been suggesting... getting another twi-background since ET2!!! It does make the photo's look much better, and I don't know anyone who wouldn't prefer all the photo's with that background!

- J x

Yes this issue about the blue background has been going on for such a long time and we pay a lot a money for these photos - just a plain white background would be better than the blue - I've got a spare kingsize sheet they can borrow - also please can the photographer take the picture a bit closer please - this issue has come up before but nothing is ever done about it.

As ET5 will be my sixth Twi-Con (including the Prom) and as said above we have been asking for the background to be changed since ET2 surely this can be sorted out and changed please.

What about making digital copies available?

I second this and I also think emailing or posting the pictures out after the show would avoid so much hassle with photo collection and also people having to wait around who may have otherwise left early for whatever reason.

As I said before, this could perhaps easily be arranged - calling people in a certain order, maybe by ticket number, that way you would know where to send the pictures too.

• Moderators

I don't know for sure if they offer the service at the ME cons, but I do know at the big signing events SM give the option of having photoshoot photos posted out to you. You fill in a form with name/address, guest name(s) and a description of yourself and for £2 (p&p) they post them to you.

Having worked on photo distribution at the signing events, I can tell you that trying to match photos to ticket numbers any other way just isn't really feasible - the printers don't always even print all the photos in the order they were taken.

At at least one event - I think it was Hub3 - the photoshoot distribution staff refused to let anyone crowd in to pick up photos until they were all out, and then did impose a queue to walk along the rows of tables and look. If photos come back a bit later then obviously this isn't ideal, but it worked well at the time.

Edited by etmuse

I don't know for sure if they offer the service at the ME cons, but I do know at the big signing events SM give the option of having photoshoot photos posted out to you. You fill in a form with name/address, guest name(s) and a description of yourself and for �2 (p&p) they post them to you.

There was a small pile of those forms sitting on the counter (a clock room, possibly, it was right next to the ramp) opposite the room where Photo Session A (I think) was taking place on the Sunday morning. They looked abandoned.

Wow, I've never heard anyone complain like this about the background before!! Blue is the standard for most of the cons I've been to, and pretty much all SM/ME shows- as someone said, the white is only available as it was from a premiere or something. Be grateful you have something unique in your photos as no fans of any other shows get anything like that!!

I'm not a fan of the Twilight background. I'd like all my photoshoots to look the same no matter what con they're from.

Plus, the reason I was so excited to meet Jamie CB was because of his role in Sweeney Todd.... not for his bitpart in New Moon, so I really didn't want that backdrop.

Cant say im too bothered about the backgrounds tbh lol like someone else said, if u like a guest for other films, tv shows etc isnt it nice to have the blue instead of the twilight one??

Also LOVE the new young guy taking the photos in the B shoots, Charlie actually refered to him as Malcoms apprentice lol His pictures are by far my fave from this con......maybe giving malcom a run for his money??? haha. Alot better then the women who did them previously, i hope this guy is a perminate, and he is at et5 :)

Cant say im too bothered about the backgrounds tbh lol like someone else said, if u like a guest for other films, tv shows etc isnt it nice to have the blue instead of the twilight one??

Also LOVE the new young guy taking the photos in the B shoots, Charlie actually refered to him as Malcoms apprentice lol His pictures are by far my fave from this con......maybe giving malcom a run for his money??? haha. Alot better then the women who did them previously, i hope this guy is a perminate, and he is at et5 :)

I agree I loved him, my best photos with Kiara are with him, but then again thats probably because I got a couple to chose from with him where as my Gil one I had only 1 and Kiara looked fine but I have the stupidist look on my face! lol

Everyones entitled to their own opinions... I prefer the twilight background because its white - the picture quality is actually better

I'd rather have a plain white background than twilight/blue background if push came to shove......

Blue really does wash us pale people out a fair bit

Wow, I've never heard anyone complain like this about the background before!! Blue is the standard for most of the cons I've been to, and pretty much all SM/ME shows- as someone said, the white is only available as it was from a premiere or something. Be grateful you have something unique in your photos as no fans of any other shows get anything like that!!

1)Ive only ever had Blue backgrounds from SM events

2)Its a dated background... most proffesional backgrounds are plain/white these days!

3)No one is saying the background has to have Twilight written all over it. could be a white table cloth for all i care

4)No one has been ungrateful this is a FEEDBACK THREAD!!

I'm not a fan of the Twilight background. I'd like all my photoshoots to look the same no matter what con they're from.

Plus, the reason I was so excited to meet Jamie CB was because of his role in Sweeney Todd.... not for his bitpart in New Moon, so I really didn't want that backdrop.

Im the opposite i wouldnt want all mine looking the same. And it is a Twilight con... so i guess thats why the writing doesnt bug me. But i can see how you would prefer them all to look the same if you go to more shows and stuff! :)

Edited by BeckiUK

At the end of the day, it's the people in them that is the most important part!

YES MEEEEEEEE!! AND I LOOK HORRID hahahaha! :wub:

You always say you look horrid - you prefer the Charlie pic where he's covering your face!!! :thumbup: Or the Bronson pic where you can't see you haha!!

• Moderators

If it's the guy I'm thinking of (Cieron I think his name was - he does the same running patter of 'yes madam, 1,2,3, next sir' as Malcolm does) he was at Hub5 too, but we only had one photo room so he really WAS Malcolm's apprentice there - Malcolm was standing behind him giving him advice.

YES MEEEEEEEE!! AND I LOOK HORRID hahahaha! :thumbup:

You always say you look horrid - you prefer the Charlie pic where he's covering your face!!! :YAHOO: Or the Bronson pic where you can't see you haha!!

OH AYE haha!!!! Charlie's fantastic, bulging bicep covers half my face on both pics... They were clearly my FAVE :wub:

One of the other events I go to has a HORRID red tie dyed background, which makes the blue look absolutely perfect!!

oh dear... sounds gross lol!

YES MEEEEEEEE!! AND I LOOK HORRID hahahaha! :thumbup:

You always say you look horrid - you prefer the Charlie pic where he's covering your face!!! :YAHOO: Or the Bronson pic where you can't see you haha!!

OH AYE haha!!!! Charlie's fantastic, bulging bicep covers half my face on both pics... They were clearly my FAVE :thumbup:

I can feel you getting a Charlie crush all over again -I have to admit, I was one of those people saying 'oh no, not Charlie again...' - having met him at the previous events he's been to...... but this weekend he was super awesome, I was glad we got to see him again!!

One of the other events I go to has a HORRID red tie dyed background, which makes the blue look absolutely perfect!!

It is - starts off lightish red, and goes into the middle a deep red/black kind of colour - which incidently is the colour of my hair, so in some of the pictures, you can barely make out where the hair finishes and the background starts!!

If it's the guy I'm thinking of (Cieron I think his name was - he does the same running patter of 'yes madam, 1,2,3, next sir' as Malcolm does) he was at Hub5 too, but we only had one photo room so he really WAS Malcolm's apprentice there - Malcolm was standing behind him giving him advice.

This lad didnt do the whole photoshoot drone as I've come to call it lol. Or at least if he did I never noticed it at all. I felt his shoots were more personal than sheep herding and I got some lovely photos :thumbup:

It is - starts off lightish red, and goes into the middle a deep red/black kind of colour - which incidently is the colour of my hair, so in some of the pictures, you can barely make out where the hair finishes and the background starts!!

lol whos bright idea is it to have dark backgounds? surely they know the lighting is going to be an issue!

I just find the idea to use one ODD :S! You cant go wrong with a PLAIN light background. :)

Did you complain to them or anything?