People shouting in the talks

touchthesky

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is irritating when people continuously shout stuff.

I agree with Steph that Booboo saying he heard shut up was a joke. He probably had no idea what was said and guessed something that would make us laugh.

The questions about something a guest said to an attendee 6 months ago or they that said in an interview in another country that they cant even remember are more annoying though! There are 1000+ people in the room and people should be a little less selfish about what they ask!

the biggest problem with shouting things out in talks is that there were up to a thousand people in that room, it may sound loud to the people closest, but most of the time, the guests and certainly most of the attendees cant hear.

Plus, shouted out comments are often inappropriate.

ME want the talks to be fun for everyone, and dont forget, they give attendees the chance to use the microphone when they open up the floor to questions, so there is no need to shout out.

Questions can be submitted to ME for asking, and I know they would love for more to be popped in the box, so why not make sure you submit them online or even into the box on reg desk next show

(unless its a "will you marry me") :WINCE:

The shouting was very, very annoying - I think something needs to be said at the beginning of talks in the future to stop this from happening :WINCE:

I agree - but you can't stop it - people do get very excited - at ET1 a group kept shouting "we love you Kellan" .... Kellan shouted back "love you too" he thought it was quite funny and enjoyed the banter but nothing rude inappropriate was shouted and far as I can remember.

I thought the majority of the "questions from the floor" were pretty poor to be honest. The submitted ones and follow up ones seemed fine, but those attendees on the mic either asked repeat ones, or obvious ones, or ones that made no sense to anyone but themselves :D

I totally agree with you David on that, but I couldn't think of a question that hadn't already been asked and answered in the past.

I don't like it when people talk to their friends during the panels. Granted, I whispered a few remarks, but I kept relatively quiet. I was sat in front of a row of French girls who were talking really loudly, so much so I had to lean forward and even then it was difficult to hear -_-

Totally...in Sundays talks I was really going to lose my temper with some French girls sat behind me. They literally talked all of the way through every single talk and at one point were laughing so loud that people 2 or 3 rows ahead of us were turning round to see where the noise was coming from. If you dont wanna listen to what the guests have to say, why bother with the talks??? It drives me insane.....rant over!!

It was the same person at all the talks as well..is it possible to TALK to a crew member and get them removed or would that just cause problems?

If someone is really causing a nuisance of themselves, then do talk to a crew member. Their first task would be to talk to that attendee, but they would do that for you, it usually works too -_-

• Moderators

I'd definitely say that anyone should go to a crew member regardless of what the problem is.

Everyone is entitled to have a comfortable and enjoyable time, and if someone is spoiling that somehow then something should be said.

Don't ever feel like you're causing problems etc. That's what the crew are there for.

Gah, I shouted out my thanks to BooBoo for personalising his chair for me.. So sorry I bugged you :P - I was very happy.

Dont you worry about it babe - I also shouted out my thanks to Christopher Heyerdahl in the last talk ET3 for him putting a message and signing my chair that I won in the auction - and he made me get up and get the chair from him in front of everyone (I was petrified!!) - but like you I was sooooo happy that he'd done it and knew i wasn't gonna get another chance to tell him - I didn't do it to annoy anyone - but I agree with you babe, and if anyone shoots you they can shoot me too heehee!!! :smile:

• Moderators

I don't like it when people talk to their friends during the panels. Granted, I whispered a few remarks, but I kept relatively quiet. I was sat in front of a row of French girls who were talking really loudly, so much so I had to lean forward and even then it was difficult to hear :blink:

We had the exactly same problem, with exactly the same group of people. I'm all for whispering occasionally, but they just seemed to talk at full volume all the way through the panels, and disturb everyone around them. I'm happy that people of all nationalities come to these Con's, but the very few who either don't seem to understand that they are upsetting people, or just don't seem to care ruin it for everyone.

Also, regarding shouting out, sometimes it was pretty funny, but at one point we had a group of women behind us who literally kept shouting out the SAME THING over and over. Trying to listen to what was going on, and all we could hear was "I love you BooBoo!" "I love you more!" "No, I love you BooBoo!" ect, it just became boring. Someone near us told them to shut up in the end, thank god.

Gah, I shouted out my thanks to BooBoo for personalising his chair for me.. So sorry I bugged you :D - I was very happy.

Don't be silly haha <3.

It's like folk shouting "we love you booboo" it's cute, and it lasts a minute..it's the folk that constantly shout rude, vulgar things that bug me.

I agree - but you can't stop it - people do get very excited - at ET1 a group kept shouting "we love you Kellan" .... Kellan shouted back "love you too" he thought it was quite funny and enjoyed the banter but nothing rude inappropriate was shouted and far as I can remember.

Debs was it you shouting 'we love you Kellan' - go on admit it!! :smile:

I read something about one on one things being a problem :D

im sorry, i was the girl who had the flower from bronsons photo and went up and gave it to him in his talk with chaske, i didnt know this would be a problem for people and i guess i got caught up in the moment :unsure:

i feel really bad but all i can do is apologise now :$

Lily!!!!! :YAHOO:

i guess the shouting out didnt bug me as much as alot of other people but i would like to say that although the repetative questions are boaring for us that have been to a few et's, and maybe frustrating for the guest, we should remember that for some people this would have been their first event, and they wanted to know the answer. Also, im sure the guests expect to get asked the same basic questions over and over. It comes with the job. And actually, i found their were more groans about questions at the last et...... cant remember what question it was but it got asked in EVERY talk :blink:

im sorry, i was the girl who had the flower from bronsons photo and went up and gave it to him in his talk with chaske, i didnt know this would be a problem for people and i guess i got caught up in the moment :unsure:

honestly sweet, i really dont think you did anything wrong. Bronson bought the photo in with him and showed us all and it was REALLY funny, so you then giving it to him made total sense to me and i thought it was really sweet.

DO NOT FEEL BAD!!!

Theres no need to apologise for that! I thought it was so sweet :) also I was told by my husband after the talk he was in the lift with Bronson and he was playing with my daughter Kiara with said flower :blink: x

Edit:

Infact I would be a hypocrite if I was bothered since I was the one who asked Gil where my money was for raising his supposed daughter xD. Gil was great the next day when he saw Kiara again lol

Edited by Ghost

Both in front and to the side of us, there were folk who went off for guest encounters, toilet etc, and as soon as the seats became available, people from further back were trying to take them. I lost count of how many times we had to tell the same groups of people that they were taken, they just wasnt listening. What really ticked me off though was with regards to the seats in front. Two women had been sitting there all afternoon but for Booboo & Bronsons talks, they left for whatever reason. Two french ladies came up from behind and asked the girl next to the emty seats if they were taken, she said yes but they would back so then tried to sit next to us, which again I had to say they were taken. They walked up and down once to see if there was any where else then came back and sat in the ones in front even though they had been told that they werent available. They had standard wristbands and was sitting in the silver section :smile:

The corker was that when the crew started checking the wristbands, getting people to hold there arms up, they went to do a runner, but luckily for them the lights went down for the talk so they stayed. They then proceeded to get in the way all time, trying to snap pictures all the way through, blocking my and my sis's vision. Highly annoying!!!!

And also whilst queing for a photoshoot, there was a group of french people who were very loud, kept knocking us with there stuff and not apologising. One of their friends came over and joined them in the loudness and knocking. On top of that already rather rude behaviour, they then proceeded to check to make sure no crew were around and gestured for two more to jump in the que. I told those 3 who weasled their way in to go the back of the line and wait like everybody else but of course they didnt. What really pee'd me off though was the deliberate attempt to not only push in, but to make sure there was no crew around at the time of doing it!!! They knew they shouldnt be doing but did it anyway!!! Everybody has paid the same money and they would have got their photos regardless of whether they went to the back of the line or not so why push in? But it really ticks me off that there are always some who seem to think the rules dont apply to them :D

And the shouting in the talks was extremely annoying!!! Bellowing away at guests is just rude and disrespectful not only to the guests but to the other attendees too. It just came across for the most part, no better than builders yelling out a passing by dolly bird!!! YUK.

Edited by gemma85

People have said about french people here and i agree with some of you that they can be annoying, because i had a few problems with them, but i do like that they come from abroad to see it.

On saturday morning, i asked a girl what picture you got for Gil's autograph because she had got a picture signed and i wondered if that was what they gave us, but she was french and could not understand a word i said to her. It just annoyed me that she couldnt understand anything, and seemed she had made no effort to try to learn even a little english. when i go on holiday i always try to learn at least the basics of where i am going, so even if i didnt understand someone i could reply in their own language and tell them i was english and didnt understand. But the girl couldnt even say that. And i know that some people find it hard to learn other languages which i do, but i always try so i dont feel i am ignoring people. I have no disrespect for people from other countries i was just very annoyed that she could not even tell me she didnt understand me in english. I understood "i do not understand" in french and so then i got that she couldnt speak english, but i thought it wasnt fair to come to an english convention and not be able to speak a word of the language. I did think to myself, what if she needs help from someone but cannot tell them because she cannot speak english, or when she is getting the autographs and a guest tries to start a converstion... I know its not everyone who is like this but it did make me annoyed to realise that some people didnt even try.

Sorry for that little rant there. I guess some people wont like that but its purely my opinion and i have nothing against people from abroad coming :)

People have said about french people here and i agree with some of you that they can be annoying, because i had a few problems with them, but i do like that they come from abroad to see it.

On saturday morning, i asked a girl what picture you got for Gil's autograph because she had got a picture signed and i wondered if that was what they gave us, but she was french and could not understand a word i said to her. It just annoyed me that she couldnt understand anything, and seemed she had made no effort to try to learn even a little english. when i go on holiday i always try to learn at least the basics of where i am going, so even if i didnt understand someone i could reply in their own language and tell them i was english and didnt understand. But the girl couldnt even say that. And i know that some people find it hard to learn other languages which i do, but i always try so i dont feel i am ignoring people. I have no disrespect for people from other countries i was just very annoyed that she could not even tell me she didnt understand me in english. I understood "i do not understand" in french and so then i got that she couldnt speak english, but i thought it wasnt fair to come to an english convention and not be able to speak a word of the language. I did think to myself, what if she needs help from someone but cannot tell them because she cannot speak english, or when she is getting the autographs and a guest tries to start a converstion... I know its not everyone who is like this but it did make me annoyed to realise that some people didnt even try.

Sorry for that little rant there. I guess some people wont like that but its purely my opinion and i have nothing against people from abroad coming :)

I am really sorry, but I am afraid I dont agree with you there.

I spoke to an awful lot of lovely french people and as I have a welsh accent, the first few times I spoke and they had problems understanding me, I realised I had to speak clearer as us Welshies do tend to blur our words a little.

It must be difficult for any Europeans visiting the cons when we have so many regional dialects.

I used my ridiculously bad French a few times and was told by the lovely French not to worry, they could understand me, but thanks for trying :D

A few of the guests speak French, so they would have had a lovely experience with them. On Saturday, we also had a crew member working reg desk who spoke French.

We want to be welcoming to Europeans too :smile:

I have nothing against the french guests, except when I saw a group of them pretending they didnt understand someone asking them to move to one side when they obviously understood english as they were reacting to other people speaking English.

I can understand not being able to speak a language. I lived in Belgium for 2 years and my husband is french speaking. I can understand French rather well but dont ask me to speak it because all I will say is 'Je ne parle pas bien Francais, parle vous Anglais s'il vous plait' xD