People shouting in the talks

touchthesky

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[

We want to be welcoming to Europeans too :D

Of course we want to be welcoming!!! The problem isnt with people coming over from other countries to the event, its always good to have a mixture of nationalities! The problem is with rude behaviour period! Whether you are from england, france or the moon, good manners transcends all language barriers...shouting, que jumping, phsyically pushing people and disturbing others whilst in talks is rude no matter where you come from. You dont have to speak the same language to at least understand that but unfortunately, it seemed to be the same groups of people at the root of these sort of problems.

Of course its a delicate subject because things can get misinterpreted and blown up into a much bigger issue which nobody wants but equally, we are told that if we experience problems of any kind to speak up about them which is what people are doing on here. Thats most defiantely not to say that everybody foreign at the event were the same, but it has to be acknowledged somewhere as this is two events in a row that the same sort of issue has presented itself.

Edited by gemma85

Whether you are from england, france or the moon, good manners transcends all language barriers...shouting, que jumping, phsyically pushing people and disturbing others whilst in talks is rude no matter where you come from.

I got quite a few stares at one point when Queuing for I think it was Gil's photo shoot. Everybody was queuing even when their group hadnt been called and the Queue was all the way back to the dealers room. I had a baby in my arms and couldnt keep walking back and forth looking at who had been called... And as it was our group hadnt been called so as far as I saw it I shouldnt have been queuing anyway :( I was waiting for a long time and saw people come and go from the queue and when the lady called my group I stepped forward and got the most nasty looks from some people in the queue! Just because I wasnt physically in the queue and yet they werent even in a group that had been called! Made me feel like I had done something wrong :D

And also whilst queing for a photoshoot, there was a group of french people who were very loud, kept knocking us with there stuff and not apologising. One of their friends came over and joined them in the loudness and knocking. On top of that already rather rude behaviour, they then proceeded to check to make sure no crew were around and gestured for two more to jump in the que. I told those 3 who weasled their way in to go the back of the line and wait like everybody else but of course they didnt. What really pee'd me off though was the deliberate attempt to not only push in, but to make sure there was no crew around at the time of doing it!!! They knew they shouldnt be doing but did it anyway!!! Everybody has paid the same money and they would have got their photos regardless of whether they went to the back of the line or not so why push in? But it really ticks me off that there are always some who seem to think the rules dont apply to them :D

I have to say i experienced the same when queing to get Gil's autograph. 2 people were very loud and pushy got 2 of their friends to join them and cut in. Again these people were french but that is neither here nor there it was just downright rude. I have nothing against any nationalities and actually thought it was amazing that they travelled to come for the the simple pleasure of a great convention

Edited by amy_jazz

Sorry guys. It was my first Twilight convention. I was the first person to shout 'I Love you booboo' when he came on in the sunday talk. I just caught up in the moment, but now I know for the next one to be more considerate of others in the talk.

Noo. It's not things like this that I made my original post about.

Don't apologise.

Louisa shouting that you love Booboo wasn't a problem. It was my first con too and had i had the courage i might have done the same to gil or bronson lol. It was the inapproriate shouting that bothered me and the guests looked uncomfortable at times. It gives us all a bad name.

I'm so sorry if some French people didn't behave the right way, it seems to be the case each time there are French people involved in an event like that... This is why I almost never go to French events... I'd rather pay much more for the travel than be surrounded by French people, but I do assure you that not every French people is like that!

Maybe more French-speaking crew should be 'hired' during such events where you know there are gonna be a lot of French people, so that they cannot pretend they don't understand what they are told?

It was the things like shouting out 'nice spam' and asking them to strip etc thats out of order. We can all understand expressing our love for the guests but there is a line and some people leap frogged over it :s

I'm so sorry if some French people didn't behave the right way, it seems to be the case each time there are French people involved in an event like that... This is why I almost never go to French events... I'd rather pay much more for the travel than be surrounded by French people, but I do assure you that not every French people is like that!

Maybe more French-speaking crew should be 'hired' during such events where you know there are gonna be a lot of French people, so that they cannot pretend they don't understand what they are told?

There were french speaking crew :) I saw a load of the girls being talked to by crew in french. I remember seeing somewhere that most languages were covered within the Crew.

People have said about french people here and i agree with some of you that they can be annoying, because i had a few problems with them, but i do like that they come from abroad to see it.

On saturday morning, i asked a girl what picture you got for Gil's autograph because she had got a picture signed and i wondered if that was what they gave us, but she was french and could not understand a word i said to her. It just annoyed me that she couldnt understand anything, and seemed she had made no effort to try to learn even a little english. when i go on holiday i always try to learn at least the basics of where i am going, so even if i didnt understand someone i could reply in their own language and tell them i was english and didnt understand. But the girl couldnt even say that. And i know that some people find it hard to learn other languages which i do, but i always try so i dont feel i am ignoring people. I have no disrespect for people from other countries i was just very annoyed that she could not even tell me she didnt understand me in english. I understood "i do not understand" in french and so then i got that she couldnt speak english, but i thought it wasnt fair to come to an english convention and not be able to speak a word of the language. I did think to myself, what if she needs help from someone but cannot tell them because she cannot speak english, or when she is getting the autographs and a guest tries to start a converstion... I know its not everyone who is like this but it did make me annoyed to realise that some people didnt even try.

Sorry for that little rant there. I guess some people wont like that but its purely my opinion and i have nothing against people from abroad coming :)

Ok, sorry I have to jump on this one.

I ma a MFL teacher in the UK and I can tell you that a lot of people (students and their parents) don't see the point of learning languages. It is a fight to make them understand the importance of knowing a foreign language. You see, it doesn't matter as everybody should speak English!

You don't know if she didn't make any efforts, maybe she was to stressed to speak. People find easier to read than speak for example.

Here it goes again, complains about French people. Fair enough, some of you didn't have nice experiences.

I opened a topic "rude people" and the ones I was talking about were English speakers and they were not nice at all.

In addition, I didn't write on the other topic: on Sunday, I left the swimming pool area, I was on my own, and two English speakers just laughed at me. Very sad....

Unfortunately, there are rude people everywhere. I would like people not to single out every French person.

On Friday evening, when I got my registration pack, one crew member started to explain to me something in French. She tried but couldn't find her words. I replied to her that I was gine with English as I've been living here for years (7 years but can't get rid of my accent it seems as people notice it). She explained to me that some French people were pretending not to understand English. Again, please we are not all the same. I've lived long enough here to understand how to queue etc...

It is a shame that some people ruin it for the rest.

I met u there and your friend and i have to say you were lovely. I encountered rude people of all different nationalities. I wasnt singleing the french out it was just the example i gave. There was one crew member who i give full kudos too. She spoke the language and did her utmost to make the attendees happy.

We sat at the back for most of the talks, could here people shouting things but could never understand what they were saying lol.

I didn't like the questions from the floor, I thought it was better when they were just read out at least then they were monitered.

I don't know I may be in the minority but I like when people in the room 'join in' as it were - as long as it is respectful and not too much.

I mean I'll never forget "I love that you like it dirty!" from ET1 hahaha!

Lmao the shout outs at ET1 were actually hilarious!

I unfortunatly have to say that i also had a few problems with some french people cutting in lines, and knowing they shouldnt have done it cos they did it sneakily. I also had a french person constantly trying to steal my seat for the sunday talks and when i asked her to move she would litrally hover over me and bash me when talking to her friend.

However, i will not tar everyone with the same brush and also do not agree with some of the comments that have been made here.

I met u there and your friend and i have to say you were lovely. I encountered rude people of all different nationalities. I wasnt singleing the french out it was just the example i gave. There was one crew member who i give full kudos too. She spoke the language and did her utmost to make the attendees happy.

Don't worry, I didn't think anyone was singleing the french out, and I do think some of them were being really rude towards other attendees and guests...

Oh, you met me there? Could you post a pic of you? This way I could remember seeing you there! =)

Don't worry, I didn't think anyone was singleing the french out, and I do think some of them were being really rude towards other attendees and guests...

Oh, you met me there? Could you post a pic of you? This way I could remember seeing you there! =)

She was the girl with me :D

I read something about one on one things being a problem :smile:

im sorry, i was the girl who had the flower from bronsons photo and went up and gave it to him in his talk with chaske, i didnt know this would be a problem for people and i guess i got caught up in the moment :smile:

i feel really bad but all i can do is apologise now :$

Theres no need to apologise for that! I thought it was so sweet :) also I was told by my husband after the talk he was in the lift with Bronson and he was playing with my daughter Kiara with said flower ;) x

Edit:

Infact I would be a hypocrite if I was bothered since I was the one who asked Gil where my money was for raising his supposed daughter xD. Gil was great the next day when he saw Kiara again lol

Ahhh, this post made me quite excited ;)

and thank you guys for being undertsanding about the flower thing :poki:

i was a little bit worried :(

and that whole thing with Gil made me laugh a lot :P

Oh, and I have also seen your pictures - they are adorable!!!!

Especially the ones with leah :wub:

Oh... and also... i met some french people and they were lovely to me so its not everyone B)

they also managed to understand my 'oh so amazing' year 10 french XD :P

I don't like it when people talk to their friends during the panels. Granted, I whispered a few remarks, but I kept relatively quiet. I was sat in front of a row of French girls who were talking really loudly, so much so I had to lean forward and even then it was difficult to hear :(

i had this in the sat talks (actually the same people i reported last time for telling me to f*** off and recording talks) and it got quite irratating.....and i musta been loud as on the sun they sat in the same row as me but in the centre section and could STILL hear them...grr!!!

And the shouting/argument that was going on with people declaring their love for BooBoo was also annoying too!!!

People have said about french people here and i agree with some of you that they can be annoying, because i had a few problems with them, but i do like that they come from abroad to see it.

On saturday morning, i asked a girl what picture you got for Gil's autograph because she had got a picture signed and i wondered if that was what they gave us, but she was french and could not understand a word i said to her. It just annoyed me that she couldnt understand anything, and seemed she had made no effort to try to learn even a little english. when i go on holiday i always try to learn at least the basics of where i am going, so even if i didnt understand someone i could reply in their own language and tell them i was english and didnt understand. But the girl couldnt even say that. And i know that some people find it hard to learn other languages which i do, but i always try so i dont feel i am ignoring people. I have no disrespect for people from other countries i was just very annoyed that she could not even tell me she didnt understand me in english. I understood "i do not understand" in french and so then i got that she couldnt speak english, but i thought it wasnt fair to come to an english convention and not be able to speak a word of the language. I did think to myself, what if she needs help from someone but cannot tell them because she cannot speak english, or when she is getting the autographs and a guest tries to start a converstion... I know its not everyone who is like this but it did make me annoyed to realise that some people didnt even try.

Sorry for that little rant there. I guess some people wont like that but its purely my opinion and i have nothing against people from abroad coming :)

Ok, sorry I have to jump on this one.

I ma a MFL teacher in the UK and I can tell you that a lot of people (students and their parents) don't see the point of learning languages. It is a fight to make them understand the importance of knowing a foreign language. You see, it doesn't matter as everybody should speak English!

You don't know if she didn't make any efforts, maybe she was to stressed to speak. People find easier to read than speak for example.

Here it goes again, complains about French people. Fair enough, some of you didn't have nice experiences.

I opened a topic "rude people" and the ones I was talking about were English speakers and they were not nice at all.

In addition, I didn't write on the other topic: on Sunday, I left the swimming pool area, I was on my own, and two English speakers just laughed at me. Very sad....

Unfortunately, there are rude people everywhere. I would like people not to single out every French person.

On Friday evening, when I got my registration pack, one crew member started to explain to me something in French. She tried but couldn't find her words. I replied to her that I was gine with English as I've been living here for years (7 years but can't get rid of my accent it seems as people notice it). She explained to me that some French people were pretending not to understand English. Again, please we are not all the same. I've lived long enough here to understand how to queue etc...

It is a shame that some people ruin it for the rest.

Its really not a case of singleing all french people out...in fact the complete opposite has been stated on here a few times about realising its not ALL people or not tarring everybody with the same brush etc. It is the same group that keep coming up, and if the same group of people keep doing things they know are wrong, why shouldnt they be called out on it? Nobody is saying they are rude because they are french, people are simply saying they are people who are really rather rude. Saying they are french is merely a way of identifying them such as saying "the goth girl with bright blue hair was rude" or the guy with tonnes of piercings in his face smelt!!

And as the topic is called Rude people, one would assume its a topic where people are supposed to share their experiences of rudeness over the course of the weekend, which is ALL people are doing. Those voicing their experiences shouldnt have to fear coming across as prejudiced or intolerant for discussing them just because the offenders in question happen to be of another nationality.

As touched upon before, everybody knows basic manners. People dont need to be fluent in another language or live in another country long enough to know how to implement them.

Edited by gemma85

Ahhh, this post made me quite excited ;)

and thank you guys for being undertsanding about the flower thing :P

i was a little bit worried :D

and that whole thing with Gil made me laugh a lot :dance:

Oh, and I have also seen your pictures - they are adorable!!!!

Especially the ones with leah :YAHOO:

Oh... and also... i met some french people and they were lovely to me so its not everyone :YAHOO:

they also managed to understand my 'oh so amazing' year 10 french XD :dance:

Glad to hear it made you laugh xD I had people and crew coming up to me and asking if was me who asked because they thought it was hilarious. And Leah's reaction made me laugh so much. When I saw Leah the next morning at the lifts she said hi to Kiara and I told her she was Gil's love child and she laughed and was like 'Oh so its you Kiara!' The next day I spoke to Gil and he looked at Kiara and was like 'Oh I remember now' xD

And thanks about the pics :) Leah was a darling with her, and my Gil and Chaske photos look like family portraits :YAHOO: and dont get me started about Charlie! I only regret BooBoo never got to see her! :D