People shouting in the talks

touchthesky

Seriously..wtf. Can something not be done about that.

Two days in a row I was sat by some idiot who thought it was hilarious to shout about the casts "nice arses."

Maybe funny the first time but it gets old, also baring in mind the fact that there was a five year old (or near that age) in front of her and she still shouted it.

Also, the person who told Booboo to shut up..wtf.

Folk like that ruin the talks.

Some of the questions asked during the Chaske/Bronson talk on Saturday were pathetic.

/end rant.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBF the person didnt tell booboo to shut up, they gave the name he was after "knocked up" (i was sitting in front of her), they just misheard, which seemed to be a consistent problem throughout the weekend with the guests.

I don't see how to clamp down any more really on the shouting out, though i do agree it gets incredibly annoying, especially when you're trying to listen to the guests. Overall though, it didnt really impinge on my weekend :)

• Moderators

Yeah, I can certainly confirm that 'shut up' wasn't what was shouted, as that was someone near me, and what Dan said is right :lol:

However I certainly agree about the level of 'shouting' from people in some of the talks - I find it unnecessary, and not funny in the slightest. I'm not a big fan of 'personal jokes' in talks where everyone's involved, nor shouting random dirty things at the guest. It might be amusing for the few around the person who can hear it, but the other 900+ who get to sit there wondering what the hell is going on .. yeah, not so much. Plus it then causes a chain reaction where others think it'd be a good idea too.

Basically if you want to talk to the guest, do it at the signings or get on the mic please, and do try to keep your questions more general in the talks. I don't think it's appropriate to be asking personal things at that time.

Seriously..wtf. Can something not be done about that.

Two days in a row I was sat by some idiot who thought it was hilarious to shout about the casts "nice arses."

Maybe funny the first time but it gets old, also baring in mind the fact that there was a five year old (or near that age) in front of her and she still shouted it.

Also, the person who told Booboo to shut up..wtf.

Folk like that ruin the talks.

Some of the questions asked during the Chaske/Bronson talk on Saturday were pathetic.

/end rant.

Well it was me that shouted out knocked up not shut up! As if anyone in the talks would say shut up and even a guests which is 15yrs old oh please. I was trying to give him the song title he was talking about not insult him which I did speak to member of crew to pass on the message to clarify for your information. TBH I knew someone was gonna start slagging me off on the forum the one time I do say something that isnt like "i love you or somethin like i like your spam" Please get your facts straight before making comments.

Im not gonna talk about this anymore as im seriously annoyed. I know talk etiquette seen as I have been going since day one. Im not stupid and I know the rules of this occasion it was a title of a song that I knew and wanted to clarify.

That is all.

• Moderators

I thought the majority of the "questions from the floor" were pretty poor to be honest. The submitted ones and follow up ones seemed fine, but those attendees on the mic either asked repeat ones, or obvious ones, or ones that made no sense to anyone but themselves :whistling:

I thought the majority of the "questions from the floor" were pretty poor to be honest. The submitted ones and follow up ones seemed fine, but those attendees on the mic either asked repeat ones, or obvious ones, or ones that made no sense to anyone but themselves :wub:

I was going to say the same thing - I think Julia knocked it on the head when she said she'd been asked the same question 607 times before :whistling:

I know there were a few people that drove me insane shouting out things...and I'm really not sure if the open floor questions worked. For the author talks it was fine becasue I managed to ask Lauren Kate a question I've been wanting to ask her for ages but for the main guests it just didn't seem right. If people really wanted their questions asked they could have posted it in the gest talk question box like I have since ET1.

I agree with the whole "Nice spam" thing...come on do these actors really need to have that shouted at them several times during each talk? Afterall they are only human and would you really yell "Nice spam" to a near stranger in broad daylight when out shopping etc??

I have to say the floor questions fell a bit flat because they weren't filtered. By that I mean, there were a couple that were wrong in that the asker didn't have their facts straight before asking. A few were innocent enough, from the youngsters but I was surprised no one asked when they were due back on set for breaking dawn.

Just thought that for ET5 I will think up lots of insightful interesting questions for the guests and put them in the box, hopefully Paul will ask some of them!

Edited by JaneDoe

• Moderators

I don't really think it's fair to stand up in a talk with 1000 attendees and act like you're having a personal 1 on 1 conversation about something with a guest though.

There's always a far more appropriate time and place for that.

It's a difficult job to manage the talks and make sure they go well, but when the audience is groaning because a guest is about to tell the same story for the third time or something .. you know things aren't going too well.

I only did the last talk before the closing ceremony as was a little poorly over the weekend, having been to all 4 ET's the question's do get a little repetitive.

We did ask them when they were back on set in the Gold Reception. Most are going to Louisiana in November - except Gil, I think he is going to Vancouver in Feb/March time.

:)

I don't like it when people talk to their friends during the panels. Granted, I whispered a few remarks, but I kept relatively quiet. I was sat in front of a row of French girls who were talking really loudly, so much so I had to lean forward and even then it was difficult to hear :D

• Moderators

Yeah that's a problem too :D

I'm sure we all make little comments here and there, but full blown conversations really aren't on.

I think we all just expect everyone else to be considerate of others.

I don't like it when people talk to their friends during the panels. Granted, I whispered a few remarks, but I kept relatively quiet. I was sat in front of a row of French girls who were talking really loudly, so much so I had to lean forward and even then it was difficult to hear :D

THIS!!!!! ARGHHHH :YAHOO:

I only did the last talk before the closing ceremony as was a little poorly over the weekend, having been to all 4 ET's the question's do get a little repetitive.

We did ask them when they were back on set in the Gold Reception. Most are going to Louisiana in November - except Gil, I think he is going to Vancouver in Feb/March time.

:)

Thank you for the info on Breaking Dawn filming. :YAHOO:

Hope you are feeling better.

I don't like it when people talk to their friends during the panels. Granted, I whispered a few remarks, but I kept relatively quiet. I was sat in front of a row of French girls who were talking really loudly, so much so I had to lean forward and even then it was difficult to hear :P

THIS!!!!! ARGHHHH ;)

I had same problem unfortunately.

I agree that some of the things people come out with are not needed

but in all honesty its just people acting with excitement, i kinda feel if you keep putting

too many rules the fun of the event is just going to be drained out, we have had many of our laughs in

the talks because of people shouting something out,

as for some of the guests not being able to hear in some cases that was the case

but with the whole "knocked up" turning into "shut up" seemed to me was his way of a joke

maybe next time a few small mics could be placed around the room so everyone can hear just a little bit more and maybe another speaker in the back... just a thought