Complaint about the staff of Hilton

CharlotteP

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally didn't have any problems with staff really. Infact my friend had amazing help from a really kind man on the reception desk on sunday afternoon, who helped her to sort out her travel arrangement issues. He was so kind and helpful.

Really sorry to hear some of these dreadful stories. Please complain officially to the hotel though, if you can. They really need to sort this out. I guess if they don't know, they can't do anything about it.

I'm with you all on the food - really bad. Worse than at ET3 sadly. Had to send my Cullen burger back 3 times as it was pink! Really pink. Put me off so much. Lived on my yummy cooked breakfast for 2 days. lol. Breakfast was nice. :P

Bit worried about the party Bar - 2 vodka and redbulls 12 quid!!! :P Anyone else have these and pay this price? Why didn't I say anything - wonder what they would have been if the bar wasn't discounted???? lol :chair:

Will stick to vino next time - bargain price!

£12?! ouch!

I don't really have any huge problem but there was one thing that I was ticked off a bit.

My room key never worked but when I went to sort it out the woman at the desk kept saying that it was my fault coz I put it with my phone. She came across a little aggressive actually. I NEVER had it with my phone. I checked in and went to the room. Key in hand the whole time. Even if it was because of this, why didn't they inform me that they should be kept seperate at all times when I checked in?:P

OMG same thing happen to us, we went down like 5 times to fix it, and they said the same thing. And we did report it, but the lady never wrote anything down so I don't think anything will happen.

I don't really have any huge problem but there was one thing that I was ticked off a bit.

My room key never worked but when I went to sort it out the woman at the desk kept saying that it was my fault coz I put it with my phone. She came across a little aggressive actually. I NEVER had it with my phone. I checked in and went to the room. Key in hand the whole time. Even if it was because of this, why didn't they inform me that they should be kept seperate at all times when I checked in?:headscratch:

:S :S i kept my room key in the same case with my phone the entire weekend and it worked fine. .

Alot of people did! She just decided to kick up a fuss with me even though I didn't have it with my phone and I told her that! :smile:

It is true that mobiles can de activate the cards (my husband has worked in hotels that use that system) however its not always the case and theres always room for an error on their part. Its a little rude to assume you have done something when its not always the thing that causes them to de activate :s

The staff were great with me, about from at the bar in the hall on Friday they didn't have what I drink and she was abit rude.

I did have two complaints, I know this one has been said, but the food was shocking in the Twi-cafe. Also I ordered a pizza on Saturday night from the bar and couldn't eat it. If ET6 is here. I'll have to bring some food to eat.

Also not sure if this has been said but, did anyone else find the beds really hard to sleep on. I've had the worst 3 nights sleep ever, glad to get home and sleep in a real bed tonight.

I couldn't sleep the first night, but after that I was so tired I kinda passed out. lol

The only issue with the staff was Monday morning at 8.10 when there was a knock on the door and a member of staff just walked in until they realised there were 2 people asleep in the room. I thought house keeping started a bit later than that. That was me then awake then the alarm went off at 8.30

I had problems with my room keys over the weekend... Extremely annoying to get the room for it to not work!

However can we say IDIOT all together - my clutch purse where I was keeping them had magnets in it! Doh!!!!!

Regarding bar prices - I think they only serve doubles which is why the price is so high.

I got some Cherry Bomb's (redbull and cherry brandy) in the lounge bar and those were about £9.00 x

Edited by SugarSpunSister

• Moderators

I didn't have a serious problem (well in the end) but we got back from the talks on sat to find our stuff had been moved and our adjoining door had been opened!!! As you can imagine we paniced a little as we don't know the people in the room next door and obviously our stuff had been moved (and it wasn't like that at lunch after the cleaners had been in!) The staff at reception were amazing but they had had a phone call to have the door opened which was worrying!!! I was annoyed that they can open a door when they haven't had permission of the person in both room???

i had this SAME problem,! they had re-arranged all of our stuff. moved it into my suitcase, put clothes in different drawers, even put my money in the wardrobe so i had a panic attack trying to find it! i was really worried when i got back to find everything moved :(

That happened to other people too?! We were SO scared! Me and my two friends came back from one of the parties at about 3AM and our door was wide open, so we assumed our friend's Mum and Auntie were playing a joke on us - we looked all around the room, and only then we realised they weren't there. Some of our things had been moved around, like our phones, and clothes, so we were really confused! When her Mum and Auntie came back at around 4AM, we asked if they'd opened it, and they said they didn't know anything about it!

Some people might appriciate it, but it really just scared us. The idea that someone could just walk into our room, and help themselves to and touch our things, it's really unnerving.

The women at breakfast got my name wrong this morning, when she was reading it off a screen :P

I'm so sick of being called Mark at the moment :(

Apart from that I didn't really have any major problems with the staff. I did have one barmaid tell me they didn't have a beer, which I had been drinking the previous night ;)

Yeah! Two of us are 16, and our other friend is 14! Them touching our clothes was just.. weird. :S Haha.

Yeahh.. i was like erm.. what the hell. but all of our bathroom stuff they had moved too so i was like :|

We put that bolt thing across the door every night so they wouldn't be able to :(

we did after that! i was creeped out.. we did it during the day when we was in there too..

• Moderators

Yeah, we bolted the door after that.

I just don't really understand WHY they actually did move our stuff. It would have been better if they had asked, because atleast then we could have said no and not been worried about stangers walking in all night and day.

The only problem we had was being made to go down to reception because we wanted to pay for our room service in cash....urrmm, thats not really room service?!

The reception staff said they shouldnt have done that but didnt offer to do anything to keep the peace, we just had to put up with it!

Other hotels I've stayed in deliver the food, accept cash and even come back with your change! Not hard really lol.

xxx

i thought some of the staff were quite rude, but a few were alright.

i didn't think about it before, but someone cleaned my room, then we went back in, and then they went back in and put chocolates on the bed!! i'm not really complaining bcoz i quite like chocolate, but why not put it there the first time?

I do have to complain about the geese though. They kept waking me up!

I didn't have a serious problem (well in the end) but we got back from the talks on sat to find our stuff had been moved and our adjoining door had been opened!!! As you can imagine we paniced a little as we don't know the people in the room next door and obviously our stuff had been moved (and it wasn't like that at lunch after the cleaners had been in!) The staff at reception were amazing but they had had a phone call to have the door opened which was worrying!!! I was annoyed that they can open a door when they haven't had permission of the person in both room???

i had this SAME problem,! they had re-arranged all of our stuff. moved it into my suitcase, put clothes in different drawers, even put my money in the wardrobe so i had a panic attack trying to find it! i was really worried when i got back to find everything moved :D

That happened to other people too?! We were SO scared! Me and my two friends came back from one of the parties at about 3AM and our door was wide open, so we assumed our friend's Mum and Auntie were playing a joke on us - we looked all around the room, and only then we realised they weren't there. Some of our things had been moved around, like our phones, and clothes, so we were really confused! When her Mum and Auntie came back at around 4AM, we asked if they'd opened it, and they said they didn't know anything about it!

Some people might appriciate it, but it really just scared us. The idea that someone could just walk into our room, and help themselves to and touch our things, it's really unnerving.

Moving stuff so they can clean is OK, although I'm used to hotel housekeeping putting it back in about the same place as it started off. Putting stuff in cases or cupboards is rather freaky (unless your room was such a complete tip they had to move stuff just to get in to start cleaning.) I'd consider it weird enough to remark upon to reception. Opening doors to the adjoining room or leaving the main door open would have me making a very stiff complaint to the management and then following it up with a complaint to the chain's corporate website or head office afterwards.

That said, I'm a pretty low maintenance kind of guy. I don't need my bed made, I don't need fresh towels everyday, and I like my privacy. If I'm going to a hotel for the weekend, I tend to put the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the outside of the door and leave it there. If I'm staying any length of time, I probably get the place cleaned once every fourth or fifth day, and you can always get fresh towels and toiletries inbetween times if you need to. So I guess I'd miss out on a lot of such weirdness. Doesn't take away from your expeeinces being at best unsettling, and at worst very worrying; I would definitely complain about security issue of doors being left open.

• Moderators

Yeah! I mean, there was 5 of us in the room, and we decided we had quite a lot of stuff were gonna party hard, so we didn't really want cleaning coming in the room in the morning, or disturbing us generally so we kept the 'Do Not Disturb' sign on after that.

And the fact we'd been at the party from 8PM and when we came back at 3AM it was open, we just wondered how long the door had actually been open for!

Edited by alicejasper

I had no problems with hotel staff, All I came across were really polite. My complaint was as other have said the food in the convention cafe, It was awful. My food was so cold its wasn't even room temperature ! In fact I'm pretty sure it would of been warmer if left in my car overnight !

the staff moving your stuff around and leaving doors open sounds ridiculous to me.

I've stayed in too many hotels for my own good and have never had anything moved around, bar say, a bedside table being tidied up.

Would be horrified at this happening - specifically the open doors bits, and definitely would report it.

I have to say that I found the staff at the Hilton to be lovely and perfectly polite personally.

Same <_<

Same also, i got a free upgrade to a exective suite, my air con wouldbt blow warm air and within 10 mins of going back to my room there was a blanket and warm heat again :lol: I like the staff there never had a problem with them.