Distraught. LITERALLY

MrsTwilight

I know he was just so amazing!!:P

I personally think that because he was brought back he felt that he could sort of like open up to us more and tell us more about him as a person as well as being really energetic and funny! :wub:

awww :wub: <3

I hope they get him back eventually :] I know chances are he won't be at ET5 but I'd love him back :D

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't feel what ME did was bad in the slightest, infact I'm glad they did it, I was fed up of having to fight Charlie's corner and tell people he's not arrogant or whatever, every single person I spoke to this weekend said they loved him and that he was a brilliant guest, so here's hoping his surprise last minute appearance helped with his popularity <3

It certainly did for us - we've never been to a con before and never met anyone. I heard people saying he was a great guest before and after this weekend I see why. I now LOVE Charlie Bewley so much - I spent the whole weekend trying to decide my favourite guest - Chaske, Booboo, Charlie, Chaske, Gil, Bronson, Charlie, Chaske - aaaaaahhh (although tbf they were all SO lovely and down to earth) LOVED EVERY MINUTE :wub:

I mean I was gutted becuse I never had a ticket, and obviously had I known in advance (even though this wasn't possible) I would've bought one, I did however bum around the hotel so I could see all my pals lol (and my mum :P )

But I would actually like to see a poll, obv I'm biased rofl, but all I heard was good about him, apparently his queues were none stop, someone paid what lie £400 for breakfast for him? and he sold loads of photoshoots? Obviously I wasn't properly there so I can't say facts or not, I just don't know how anyone couldn't like him, haha I understand people don't and that's their opinion, but I don't get how a guy who puts so much effort into his fan base and treats twilight fans more like adults gets a fair bit of stick.

Nope, but I'm sure there were A LOT more people there who loved him than hated him :wub:

and I got to see him a few days before so it wasn't so bad..

Dont make me start a poll...:P

Start a poll!

Was I wrong in thinking the room went crazy when he was announced? Yeah Gil got cheers but when Charlies picture came up...... madness.

I knew it was only a matter of time before more "Charlie bashing" arose...

I didn't particularly like Bronson but I don't feel the need to start displaying it all over the forums which the guests do read .

That's just it Talie, you see that he puts lots of effort into his fan base which you play a big part of. He loves all of the Bewliers and feels comfortable with them.

However on occasion he is rude and can get people's backs up. In fact he was exceptionally rude to a friend of mine at another event recently.

It is part of his personality and I can understand why he comes across badly sometimes, like I said he is marmite.

People can have a difference in opinions, I know lots of people that absolutely love him and a few that don't :)

Edited by SugarSpunSister

I wasn't having a go at you Jazz, not at all and I'd hope you'd know that I wouldn't I just genuinely don't understand lol how it's possible.

Then all these people bum off Bronson, who regardless of being an actor or not is probably the singular rudest person I've ever encountered.

It just confuses my poor wee head. lol

That's just it Talie, you see that he puts lots of effort into his fan base which you play a big part of. He loves all of the Bewliers and feels comfortable with them.

However on occasion he is rude and can get people's backs up. In fact he was exceptionally rude to a friend of mine at another event recently.

It is part of his personality and I can understand why he comes across badly sometimes, like I said he is marmite.

People can have a difference in opinions, I know lots of people that absolutely love him and a few that don't :)

I wasn't in the talk so can't comment on it. So for whatever happened in that I'm unsure.

I really can't imagine him being rude, misunderstood perhaps, but no rude, the guys a total gentleman lol... Or maybe other people see a different side to him (clearly)

I have never been a major Charlie Bewley fan (having only met him at ET3) I've never seen the major appeal a lot of attendees seem to have for him but people like different guests for different reasons. When his picture came up at ET4 I thought it was Xavier for a second and then I saw it was Charlie and I thought that's actually really nice that he's agreed to come so last minute and dropped everything. Then . . . his talk with Leah . . . yes I know it was a stupid question but I'm sure it wasn't the first time they've been asked it and they have to accept that part of their jobs are answering the same "stupid" questions over and over again. For any who weren't there Charlie and Leah were asked if they were team Jacob or Edward and if they'd rather be a vampire or a werewolf. Yes yes a pointless and repetitive question if ever I met one (though not as much as that bloody ridiculous ice cream question) and he laid into that poor girl who asked it and he was cheered on by all the Bewliers and I found that really rude and arrogant and there was no need for him to react that way to a young sounding girl. So basically all the good will he has endeared from me was then gone because like it or not part of his job, especially when he's being paid to sit and answer questions, is to answer questions he is asked or you know say no comment. They all get asked that question it is a side effect of being in the Twilight Saga.

I do see your point. I like Charlie and I don't think he meant to be rude, but it is easy to come across in a way you never intend. For example, in your comment you insinuated the ice cream question WAS stupid...and that one came from a VERY young attendee. Did you mean to be rude to her??

• Moderators

No doubt Charlie and every other guest knows that they won't appeal to everyone. It's a way of life, and I think Charlie's personality is always going to polarise opinion. He probably wouldn't have it any other way!

Anyway, as this has gone completely off topic, I will close it. Feel free to have discussions elsewhere.