Distraught. LITERALLY

MrsTwilight

Yes i remember SM saying they would not announce a big named guest until last minute - so that the loyal fans who go everytime regardless of who is attending, get the first chance at getting tickets and the con does not get sold out to newbies who just want to meet a certain guest.

Still, i am glad Charlie and Gil both came, it was nice to see them again - Charlie didn't even have a proper seat which to me shows how last minute it was.

I agree - you need to be fans of the whole Saga and not pin your hopes on certain guests.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With regards to keeping a big guest secret, I was under the impression that meant literally only if it was Rob, Taylor or Kristen. But I could be wrong. *shrugs*

I was delighted when I found out Charlie was here - I'd never met him and was rather curious as to what all the fuss was about, and he ended up being my favourite guest of the weekend. So thanks SM! :P

I don't feel what ME did was bad in the slightest, infact I'm glad they did it, I was fed up of having to fight Charlie's corner and tell people he's not arrogant or whatever, every single person I spoke to this weekend said they loved him and that he was a brilliant guest, so here's hoping his surprise last minute appearance helped with his popularity <3

I couldn't afford a photo with Charlie last time round so was very happy he came! :) I saw quite a few people bitching about him on twitter but mostly people seemed to be liking him.

Maybe people should think of it as a bonus for the people that booked and turned up despite the cancellations and think of it as a gift,

If you didn't plan on going that's totally up to you, you cant blame missing out cos you didn't take the chance.

I booked both ET4 and ET5 with no guests, I really dont care who goes, Charlie did make the weekend but if you like twilight you should come regardless who is there.

It's an unfortunate situation for a lot of those that missed out. I mean, I know some people saw him very recently, so I'm slightly confused about why they were so down about it but hey.

I know others haven't seen him for months, and would've loved the chance to see him.

I don't think he'll be at ET5, and I do believe that him doing ET4 pretty much means he won't be there (though don't take that as confirmation) but I think it was fantastic that him and ME were able to come to terms on all of it at literally THE last minute. There was no room for telling people or any of that. And if there's ever an example of "we work on guests right up until the last minute" this was genuinely it!

But just because he probably won't do ET5, it doesn't mean he won't do a "signing event" like a Collectormania etc. Showmasters like to get repeat guests to their events after having them to a ME convention, so there's always that possibility. So there are certainly still options I think.

Unfortunately if you're someone who only wants to go for Charlie (or indeed any individual guest) it's always going to be a hugely tricky situation for you no matter what. In the end they can only cater for the wider fanbase which, more often than not, won't include that particular guest.

oi, that better not be about me -_-

I was devastated I didn't get to see him...boooo!

but I'm SO glad he came away with a better reputation this time <3

I have never been a major Charlie Bewley fan (having only met him at ET3) I've never seen the major appeal a lot of attendees seem to have for him but people like different guests for different reasons. When his picture came up at ET4 I thought it was Xavier for a second and then I saw it was Charlie and I thought that's actually really nice that he's agreed to come so last minute and dropped everything. Then . . . his talk with Leah . . . yes I know it was a stupid question but I'm sure it wasn't the first time they've been asked it and they have to accept that part of their jobs are answering the same "stupid" questions over and over again. For any who weren't there Charlie and Leah were asked if they were team Jacob or Edward and if they'd rather be a vampire or a werewolf. Yes yes a pointless and repetitive question if ever I met one (though not as much as that bloody ridiculous ice cream question) and he laid into that poor girl who asked it and he was cheered on by all the Bewliers and I found that really rude and arrogant and there was no need for him to react that way to a young sounding girl. So basically all the good will he has endeared from me was then gone because like it or not part of his job, especially when he's being paid to sit and answer questions, is to answer questions he is asked or you know say no comment. They all get asked that question it is a side effect of being in the Twilight Saga.

Oh I forgot to say that he just went that is the most stupid question I have ever head, ask a stupid question and you get a stupid answer I'm team moon I'm team grass I'm team who cares that is the most stupid question. And it was really rude.

awww :YAHOO:

its hard for me to comment on, cos obviously I wasn't there. But I'm sure he didn't mean to be rude though...I really don't think he'd want to upset anyone. maybe he was just fed up of the stupid questions and tried to make a joke out of it and it came across badly?

he really is lovely guy :lol:

Fair enough - there are worse questions than that, I don't know why he answered that one like that and not the others. What I do know is that he wouldn't have purposely tried to belittle anyone and its sad it came across as being rude because I'm sure that wasn't his intention.

I honestly think Charlie meant that in Jest cos of him being a volturi dude.

I can see how a young person might take it the wrong way but... thats just the way he answers, we all know hes speaks before thinking sometimes :S. After his talk about being passionately against bullying... he definately wouldnt mean to come across bad!

Hes definately changed and for the better, i actually really enjoyed him this weekend.

Edited by BeckiUK

I didn't know that happened as missed some of the talks, that is bad and if it was a younger fan - even worse.

I think he summed himself up quite well in the final talk, when asked what was his best and worst personality traits he answered - "executively shameless and impatient" - not sure what the good point was unless by executively he means he chooses to be that way and sees it as a good thing.

As Kegan said at the weekend - Charlie is marmite you either love him or hate him.

Edited by SugarSpunSister

I didn't know that happened as missed some of the talks, that is bad and if it was a younger fan - even worse.

I think he summed himself up quite well in the final talk, when asked what was his good points and bad - executively shameless and impatient - not sure what the good point was unless by executively he chooses to be that way and sees it as a good thing.

As Kegan said at the weekend - Charlie is marmite you either love him or hate him.

true!

He was a little different from when he was at ET3, i mean he was still having fun with the photos and was happily chatting away and having a good time! :P

But he also said a lot of meaning full stuff which i thought was so clever and intelligent, like not knowing what you want to be and raising money and helping with charities and that he against bullying. Which i thought was so just amazing and really sweet! :wub:

He was a little different from when he was at ET3, i mean he was still having fun with the photos and was happily chatting away and having a good time! :P

But he also said a lot of meaning full stuff which i thought was so clever and intelligent, like not knowing what you want to be and raising money and helping with charities and that he against bullying. Which i thought was so just amazing and really sweet! :wub:

awwwww! :wub: