Distraught. LITERALLY

MrsTwilight

I really hope that you (SM) know, that you really dissapointed a lot of people and that you made a lot of people angry.

Yes, alot of people are really dissapointed that they managed to get a guest at literally the last minute when they had ANOTHER cancellation :blush:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NICE!!! :blush: </3

Oh how i love my life...

bye bye chance to meet charlie at et5!!!

I really hope that you (SM) know, that you really dissapointed a lot of people and that you made a lot of people angry.

And if there will be some people who have to say something against the wish to have charlie at et5, i really don´t know how I will react!!!

If you are a fan of one specific individual more than the show that they are in, then when it comes to convention appearances it will always be hit or miss.

Miss is this current situation, not booking because your guest is not attending and then they are a late replacement. Also a miss is the opposite scenario. For example when people booked tickets for a previous Hub event based purely on the first guest announcment of John Barrowman, who then unfortunately a few months later had to cancel due to work reasons. Which left fans opurely of John Barrowman with tickets to an event for a show they had no interest in.

Hit is the guest and you attend. A 1 in 3 chance.

Trying to put myself in your shoes, if I chose not to book a ticket for Chevron 7.6 (**what am i saying! - breaks out in cold sweat**) and Richard Dean Anderson or Amanda Tapping were announced the day before/on the day like Charlie has been then I would be really annoyed with myself. However if the guest is available as a last second replacement then I would not begrudge the organisers doing it for the fans that are at the event.

No comfort for you really but I do sympathise though.

You know what.. i just should shut up.. it doesn´t matter what i say in here, there´s someonw who makes fun of it.. pretty sure, that YOU knew, how i meant it!!!

Not in the mood for jokes!!!

And.. yes, i know.. they did not wanted to have him at et4. that´s why i am so pissed. because there only was a little chance to have him at et5. and with his appearance now, it´s gone.

I know what you mean.. but still. just extremly shocked, pissed, angry, GUTTED!!!

NICE!!! ;) </3

Oh how i love my life...

bye bye chance to meet charlie at et5!!!

And if there will be some people who have to say something against the wish to have charlie at et5, i really don´t know how I will react!!!

They Already had lots of upset people due to cancellations..... I for one was most angry but I went anyway as I didn't want to waste my money..... And it paid off.... I get here and Charlie & gill were announced...... And ALOT of people are happy here.... Sm can't please everyone.....

The minute Charlie was announced loads of people who weren't coming turnt up today. I think they did amazing to make the two guests who complete the line up at the last min for all of us who are here, so thanks for that :blush:

Also just because et5 seems unlikely he was down for collectermanja this year originally..... So u really can never tell!

Edited by Team Paul

How on earth can Massive Events be responsible, in the wrong, or what ever you wish to term it, for being able at the last minute to secure a replacement who was in the country? Someone had to leave at the last minute due to work, and Massive Events purely lucked out by Charlie being in the country. Disappointing for you and other non attendees, but no one's fought.

i already said, i should shut up.. it´s just my feeling. i think, there are wnough people who can understand it.. everyone who attends et4.. have fun...

but... please sm.. don´t let his attendance influence the guests at et5 :blush:

You know what.. i just should shut up.. it doesn´t matter what i say in here, there´s someonw who makes fun of it.. pretty sure, that YOU knew, how i meant it!!!

Not in the mood for jokes!!!

And.. yes, i know.. they did not wanted to have him at et4. that´s why i am so pissed. because there only was a little chance to have him at et5. and with his appearance now, it´s gone.

I know what you mean.. but still. just extremly shocked, pissed, angry, GUTTED!!!

I'm not sure if you are replying to me or someone else. If it is me then I was just trying to offer an unbiased viewpoint as I am not a Twilight fan - hence the Stargate/Torchwood references.

It certainly wasn't intended to come across as making fun of you or your opinion. If that is the case then I apologise.

no no no .. it´s ok, sorry...

Thing is.. charlie was not "good enough" to be a "normal" guest.. BUT, as a replacement in the last minute he IS good enough? For everyone?

:/

And because he is "good enough" as a last minute replacement, they probably won´t invite him for et5 where he maybe would´ve been good enough as a "normal" guest.. :P

no no no .. it´s ok, sorry...

Thing is.. charlie was not "good enough" to be a "normal" guest.. BUT, as a replacement in the last minute he IS good enough? For everyone?

:/

And because he is "good enough" as a last minute replacement, they probably won´t invite him for et5 where he maybe would´ve been good enough as a "normal" guest.. :P

Not a problem, I can see you are annoyed about the situation.

I don't visit this part of the forum a lot so I am guessing that Charlie is a guest that has appeared before (and possibly on a more frequent basis than others)?

If so this would explain why he may not have been considered for this event as a 'normal' guest. Generally speaking, as an attendee I would rather that the organiser try getting guests that have not appeared before rather than guests that have. I assume that this is the approach ME have taken in this case (it appears to be at their other conventions). If the only replacement guest they could get is a repeat guest then personally I (and I suspect anyone who is at the event) would prefer that repeat guest to haveing no replacement guest at all. Frustrating for people that have decided not to attend the event but for the people that are there it is the best outcome.

Your reasoning about a possible appearance by Charlie at ET5 does make sense. It does appear less likely that he would attend but you never know.

Charlie has been a guest before, yes. He appeared twice within a relatively short timeframe, and that's what made some people complain "oh not him again."

No one has ever said that he was not good enough to be a normal guest. Some attendees were not happy about him being announced for Collectormania for one reason or the other. But I can't even recall one of them mentioning that he was "not good enough."

You're absolutely correct 1of2. The repeat appearance problem would have very likely been the reason why he wasn't considered as a normal guest for ET4. He was asked because he was in the country for this show by pure chance. I remember when Maggie Grace and Ian Somerhalder were announced last minute for Collectormania. Maggie mentioned to me that they made it this time because they were on holiday in Spain and agreed to a quick trip over from there. Sometimes things just end this way.

Eternal Twilight is a convention about Twilight. It's not "an weekend with Charlie Bewley."

As much as some attendees will be happy to see the same guest over and over again (it's pretty much the same with some Torchwood guests for example, and I personally wouldn't mind Ben Browder as a guest at all Chevrons :P ) ME are trying to get some variety in the guest list.

I think we all understand that an announcement this late sucks if you're a fan of a specific actor. No one has said "you're wrong, just shut up."

If you're getting the appearance that no one is understanding you that's unfortunate and I am sorry. But we're all trying to see both sides of the coin.

What would you have expected? You are saying "this is unfair." Would it have been fair to the 900 or 1000 people at ET4 to not get Charlie and they would have had to live with another cancellation, just so that you had the chance to possibly see Charlie at ET5?

I'm saying chance because he hadn't even been confirmed as a guest. For all I know it could be his mom's birthday that weekend and he wouldn't be able to attend anyway.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Yahweh, the original poster is from Germany.

Usually the German premieres don't really come close to what you guys are used from the London ones.

We usually get one or two guests only presenting the US movies. If it's more than that we can consider ourselves lucky.

Plus most premieres are in Berlin nowadays, which also means a lot of costs because it's not exactly central.

So for most fans conventions are really the only or at least the better option.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

:( instead of being upset and angry about the whole CB situation, why not put your energy into him attending a future ET event, if the demands there then SM would deliver :) Maybe not ET5 but there's always et6,7,8 :YAHOO:.

Positivity breeds positivity xx

GUTTED!! PISSED!! ANGRY!!!

Sorry, but this REALLY SUCKS SOOO MUCH!!!

You know, I mentioned it before. The only reason for me to attend an ET is Charlie. After we waited for so long we said, ok, he won´t be a guest. Let´s hope for ET5 !!!

AND that IS the THING! IF you won´t think about him as a guest for ET5 because he attends ET4 now (pretty sure you won´t invite him for et5 because all the none Charlie fans will complain if he would attend et5 as well) I really have to cry!!! Can´t express my feelings!!! It´s just unfair, that you stole every Charlie fan, who was waiting for the announcement, that he would attend et4 the chance to meet him there (by announcing it yesterday) and in addition to that - the chance to meet him at et5 (= he surely won´t attend it now)...

Just soooooo pissed.. great that my vacation is ruined now.

You can say whatever you want now. Pretty sure that you say the same thing over and over again.. bla bla. he´s a surprised guest.. bla bla.. nice.. but if that really kills the chance to have him as a guest for et5.. than... omg... i mean, you even were telling us, that he already attended 2 events which would be enough bla bla... F!!!

Can understand ur upset, but he didnt know if he was definatly going to be able to make it, this is not a Massive Events fault at all, infact fair play to them for being able to get him at the last min - i was prepared to go no matter who the guests were as its always brilliant! and even tho i live in uk its a long way from my home and i cant just drop eveything to go, i support ME and in return they got us amazing guests and Charlie.

Maybe it´s great that he attends for the english fans who can easily just attend the convention without preparing something.. but for all fans who just can´t do it so easily it´s the worst thing..

Edited by QS to fix quotes.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

• Moderators

It's an unfortunate situation for a lot of those that missed out. I mean, I know some people saw him very recently, so I'm slightly confused about why they were so down about it but hey.

I know others haven't seen him for months, and would've loved the chance to see him.

I don't think he'll be at ET5, and I do believe that him doing ET4 pretty much means he won't be there (though don't take that as confirmation) but I think it was fantastic that him and ME were able to come to terms on all of it at literally THE last minute. There was no room for telling people or any of that. And if there's ever an example of "we work on guests right up until the last minute" this was genuinely it!

But just because he probably won't do ET5, it doesn't mean he won't do a "signing event" like a Collectormania etc. Showmasters like to get repeat guests to their events after having them to a ME convention, so there's always that possibility. So there are certainly still options I think.

Unfortunately if you're someone who only wants to go for Charlie (or indeed any individual guest) it's always going to be a hugely tricky situation for you no matter what. In the end they can only cater for the wider fanbase which, more often than not, won't include that particular guest.

I don't feel what ME did was bad in the slightest, infact I'm glad they did it, I was fed up of having to fight Charlie's corner and tell people he's not arrogant or whatever, every single person I spoke to this weekend said they loved him and that he was a brilliant guest, so here's hoping his surprise last minute appearance helped with his popularity <3

Edited by Talie

I was stoked that Charlie was there. He was adorable as always and I definitely feel ME did the right thing. Still, can't get over how buff he's got lol! Couldn't stop myself copping a feel of those abs in my shoot! :whistling:

I think ME should think about ChewleyCon 2011 :D

I think ME have said that if they get a big guest they would announce it as a surprise anyway, so I guess we all need to come to terms with that. If you are going to a Con - as this one has proved with the bad luck on cancellations - you need to be a fan of the Saga and not just be pinning all of your hopes on meeting one guest.

Everyone moaning that he should've been announced, when I was getting my autos he said "When I saw you guys the other day, I genuinely didn't know I was coming here when I was asking you about it." I think it was really good of him to take the time out from seeing his family to come at such short notice :)

& to those who are annoyed, well, you should've come regardless :)

I think ME have said that if they get a big guest they would announce it as a surprise anyway, so I guess we all need to come to terms with that.

I've only ever heard SM say the opposite. Announcing a big name would sell the show out. Why would they keep it as a surprise??

I don't feel what ME did was bad in the slightest, infact I'm glad they did it, I was fed up of having to fight Charlie's corner and tell people he's not arrogant or whatever, every single person I spoke to this weekend said they loved him and that he was a brilliant guest, so here's hoping his surprise last minute appearance helped with his popularity <3

It certainly did for us - we've never been to a con before and never met anyone. I heard people saying he was a great guest before and after this weekend I see why. I now LOVE Charlie Bewley so much - I spent the whole weekend trying to decide my favourite guest - Chaske, Booboo, Charlie, Chaske, Gil, Bronson, Charlie, Chaske - aaaaaahhh (although tbf they were all SO lovely and down to earth) LOVED EVERY MINUTE :D

• Moderators

I've only ever heard SM say the opposite. Announcing a big name would sell the show out. Why would they keep it as a surprise??

In regards to it being someone like Rob etc, they have actually said they wouldn't announce them.

I think ME have said that if they get a big guest they would announce it as a surprise anyway, so I guess we all need to come to terms with that.

They keep it as a surprise cause they like it being us regulars and dont want to push us out, during the convention they said they will leave it as a surprise if they got a main guest as it wouldnt be fair. this is why i love them so much <3

I thought they said they WOULDN'T announce it so as to ensure the real fans that go all the time get the chance to meet them rather than people who have never supported them before?? I could be wrong!

I was stoked that Charlie was there. He was adorable as always and I definitely feel ME did the right thing. Still, can't get over how buff he's got lol! Couldn't stop myself copping a feel of those abs in my shoot! :D

Haha - me too :D Never met him before and when I first saw him I was like..... hey.... he's HOT - never noticed that in the film :P