Query regarding possible surpise guests.

gemma85

I don't quite understand why you'd consider not coming to ET4 if there are no suprise guests... Surely, you paid for your ticket, didn't you? Would you be ready to lose that money on a disappointing touch?

Its not a case of not coming if they dont have a surprise guest, that would be very stupid wouldnt it?!.

The point was this: for those now comtemplating not going for whatever personal reasons they may have surrounding the numerous changes to this event, having another guest announced could make the extra costing worthwhile again. People made their points and gave valid reasons for possibly no longer attending in the Alex postponed thread, and quite frankly we are getting rather annoyed that people seem to be missing the point completely or misconstruing what is being said.

We are aware that guests cant be announced until contracts are back but going by certain posts made in various topics, one would be inclined to think they probably do have another guest sorted.

So, if this is the case as lovely as a surprise guests would be, for this particular event we would have thought it would make much more financial sense to announce anyone if they are able to before the event.

I agree completely. The choice of not going any more (like my friend and I have have so chosen to do) would have been completely reversed had ME decided to announce that they have a 'surprise guest'. Even if the name was not confirmed, but a confirmation that a surprise guest was coming, we would have attended. However, it's still speculation at the moment and hasn't been confirmed by the source, so we have decided to take the risk and not go and go instead on holiday somewhere else, both of us knowing full well that someone could turn up, and as lovely as it will be for all those attending, we have agreed that it doesn't bother us so much. We have fond memories of the other 3 cons we have been to, and would rather keep them happy memories than risk it and not have a fun as before time.

If Charlie, who was my fave guest at the last con (he said my accent was awesome!! :blush:), did go to ET4 not as a "guest" guest, but just as a "person", that would be okay with me still. I've already met him, I don't desperately have to meet him again.

I do hope that everyone does have fun though!

I make my own graphics for the guests to sign so a surprise guest would kind of ruin that. I'd rather be told 'nope no more guests, just the 6' rather than be left hanging :D

Well, you could have some graphics with Gil and Charlie ready as a back-up solution, just in case :)