Eternal Twilight 4 Cast Montage

showmasters

Wristbands are a good idea, as much as I love the badges if it makes it fairer for everyone then I am all for it.

The montage is pretty and a nice keepsake. Admittedly I always get something personal signed (this time it will be my Eclipse companion) so it has less of an impact on me but it doesn't surprise me and I am fine with it.

Looking at the previous guests I can understand peoples comments about 'bigger and better' guests but Showmasters can't control Peter and Jodelle getting an acting gig and replacements at the last minute must be extremely tough to arrange. Believe me it's taken a while for me to come to this view mainly cos I brought my ticket just for Peter - approx 2 weeks before he had to cancel but I am determined to have fun at my first Twilight event x

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree re the wristbands too, it seems that you always have people trying to spoil it for other's by being selfish and bending the rules to suit themselves. This is a great shame and if the wristbands get around this then great.

Regarding the photo's I would have liked separate photo's for each of the guests as am not really a poster kind of person. I don't really want to pay out extra for prints when this con is probably going to be the most expensive one yet.

The 12x16's may cost more than the 8x10's but it is only 1 of them being provided as opposed to 6 or 7, they are definitely not 5x more expensive though and if this is the case, you need to switch supplier :)

On Kodak's website (which is more expensive than having a company printer do them) it's £1.19 a print - so £7.19 for 6 the 12x18's on the same site are just £2.99 - this is a saving of £4.20 per attendee - this is a not a corporate rate though which I know would be cheaper than joe bloggs ordering from Kodak due to quantity breaks etc.

This is a big saving - which hopefully is being spent on a 7th guest :)

Please x

The poster sized prints that we have had in the past (such as at Paid for talks at LFCC etc) are thicker than the 10x8's and lovely quality.

The boys have theirs in their room.

At previous ET's I have been to (only missed ET1), soooo many people seemed to bring other items to sign. I only have a couple of 10x8s with autos on, the rest are on drawings, books or montages that I am working on.

A lot of people I spoke to previously just kept the 10x8s and didnt have them autographed.

I think it is a lovely image. Yes, there are going to be people out there who can create their own montages, and to be honest, they usually do. I have seen loads of beautiful montages that people have made themselves and showed us on various SM forums, and it is fantastic, I couldnt do it!

I think the wristbands are really important, too many people get to sneak into areas they are not supposed to be, and it is not fair for those that have indeed paid the higher fee for gold.

If you are gold, then you get the exclusive gold pass reception, and the gold seating area at the front of the talks, that is what you have paid for and nobody else should get that, so the wristbands will really help this.

Looking forward to this weekend ^_^ There is a big gap between ET3 and ET4, so it will be great to see everyone again :lol:

I have to be honest I do feel a bit let down this time. Like some others have said because of the promise of bigger/better guests my sister & I decided to book silver tickets (we usually go with standard) for this con.

I am fully aware that the cancellation/rearranging of said bigger guests is something that couldnt be helped but with the cancellations & cutting down on our photos I can see why people are feeling a bit cheated.

Sorry to be negative but I feel I've been positive enough for everything else throughout but this sucks because if I get this signed it's gonna look weird next to all my other 8x10s from ET1 2 and 3 so now all this means is that I've got to fork out for extra 8 by 10s I understand it's hard to get photo's but so much is changing can we try to keep the big event altering changes for new events i.e warp 10 rather than mess up the ET section of my all :P ok that's it I'm done see you on Friday also don't feel you need to respond to this I'm just sick of being positive!

I think the montage is awsome, but im going to get a book that will fit smaller size things for autos and stuff :P So i wont get this signed but it will be a reminder to go on my wall :)

I wasnt planning on buying anything from the dealers room but i will now because i cant make awsome graphics lol.

I can see where people are coming from in being annoyed with this, at 1st i was, but theres nothing we can do and SM are really only trying to help i guess.

Sorry to be negative but I feel I've been positive enough for everything else throughout but this sucks because if I get this signed it's gonna look weird next to all my other 8x10s from ET1 2 and 3 so now all this means is that I've got to fork out for extra 8 by 10s I understand it's hard to get photo's but so much is changing can we try to keep the big event altering changes for new events i.e warp 10 rather than mess up the ET section of my all :P ok that's it I'm done see you on Friday also don't feel you need to respond to this I'm just sick of being positive!

Jazz I thought you were getting your script signed??

OH. I hadn't thought of that before, but I was gonna get my shoots signed, and now with this montage, I don't know what to do anymore......... You're really mean, giving me a dilemma like that, you know it, right?

No, just kidding, you guys are amazing! You work so hard! Always remember that without you, we wouldn't get ANYTHING at all, and don't listen to the surrounding moanings... :)

Montage is great :)

... So that means we wont be getting any more guests??

I wouldn't have thought that's necessarily the case.

You can't get 1,000 or whatever 16" x 12" prints (especially on heavier-than-usual-paper grade) done at the drop of a hat - you need to give the printers some notice. And then before that you have to look for your images and create the montage. All it means is that by the time they had to have the montage ready for the printers, they had six confirmed guests. Come 2pm on Friday they could have seven. Or eight. Or four. Or twelve. Who knows? I certainly don't. Granted, the nearer you get to the event, the less likely changes in the guestlist become, but assuming they're "always working on guests up to the last minute", as DavidB has been known to write, anything could happen. (Or to paraphrase a band I know's tourlisting "all guests are subject to change until the day after the show - after that, we'll use the wayback-then machine to fix it" :P )

only thing I can say I'm really let down about is the fact we havent been left anytime now to get our own pics if I had known this I would have looked around online now theres no time to get anything we like and we'll just have to hope the dealers room does have something and thats more money to spend as I always just use the photos in the pack.

I'm not a fan of the montage and like other people have said it's just gonna get ruined on the way home and then when I get it home I'll have no where to put it.

so is this a one off or something we should now expect for all the events?

*sigh* I've always had the 8x10 pics signed...90% of the time the ones in the pack - only bought extras a couple of times when I liked another pic more or already had the same pic signed. Then I put them all into a con scrapbook I have been making over the past year - adding each con pics into it. It's a 12x12 scrapbook - 12x16 won't fit and will possibly be just left in a drawer somewhere - unless I chopped it up!!

Oh well...suppose I have enough time to find my own pics, buy some A4 photo paper and try to print my own.

On a side note, I'm thinking ET5 (and only because I promised my niece I'd take her!) will possibly be my last Twi con. But that has more to do with the fact that I am possibly more interested in a certain actor from the saga who I doubt SM/ME will ever get to come to an event and following his career than Twilight these days (I know shock horror!! :D ) and saving my money to go see his band perform in the US than anything SM/ME have done.

I think if this had been an "extra" nobody would have complained - I spent a long time last night looking for high res pictures and struck out.

I didn't want to have to buy extras but I am now left with no choice - it's just one of those things and I'm sure SM know what they are doing. Just a bit of extra notice would have been appreciated.

Thank you please!

I like the monatge but I think people should have the choice. I think this is so late notice for telling us as well if we had known a month ago I could have saved extra money.

I would rather have 10x8 pictures even the monatge in 10x8 would be better. I have a a4 folder to carry pictures around in for safetly at cons I have no where to put a picture that size. All my auto's are in special auto albums for 10x8.

This monage is a waste for me to get signed as it will get ruined.

• Moderators

May I ask what we paid the extra 30 Pound for? Honestly doen't it tell you something about the status of these 'Big guests' that you have given us, if you can't even find an image of them!

I think it's pretty obvious that the 'big guests' aren't the ones that they can't find images for.

Sorry, I know people are disappointed, but if they hadn't had the budget to go for bigger guests then no one would've got them in the first place. It's a risk everyone takes - including the organiser - and Twilight guest prices increase year on year. It's not like they're looking to rip anyone off, as these cons are their most successful and they want to keep running them for as long as possible, and they know that won't happen if they deliberately p*ss everyone off :D

I just wish some people understood the circumstances a bit more and didn't make slightly snide comments like that. It's not nice for anyone to read.

I'm quite sad to see that this thread is still going on and people are still attacking Showmasters over the pictures. Showmasters I have a new idea for you how about just stop putting 8x10's in full stop that way you will only get the backlash once rather than constantly having people accusing you of things when you change something because resolution of pictures etc are not good enough quality for the type of pictures you would like to provide us with.

Also the arguement of £225 for a gold ticket and now cause you're not getting pictures you feel ripped off then wow I'm feeling ripped off too cause I only have standard and I don't get priority seating at the front, I'm not getting a tshirt or a drinks reception. The way some people are making it sound is that you are paying extra just for the 8x10's and now your not getting them you feel ripped off. If you don't want to spend so much on a ticket then just give up the photos, the drinks reception, the tshirt, front row seating and come sit at the back of the hall with me and pay for your extras and just try your luck at the auction and with the guest encounters. If Showmasters were in fact charging you a difference of £137 just for 8x10's then yes I'd be pissed but you get more extras then you realise.

Sorry to rant but I have noticed its more gold ticket owners complaining about the montage that any other ticket.

Edited by naurarwen_fangorn

May I ask what we paid the extra 30 Pound for? Honestly doen't it tell you something about the status of these 'Big guests' that you have given us, if you can't even find an image of them!

I think it's pretty obvious that the 'big guests' aren't the ones that they can't find images for.

Sorry, I know people are disappointed, but if they hadn't had the budget to go for bigger guests then no one would've got them in the first place. It's a risk everyone takes - including the organiser - and Twilight guest prices increase year on year. It's not like they're looking to rip anyone off, as these cons are their most successful and they want to keep running them for as long as possible, and they know that won't happen if they deliberately p*ss everyone off :WINCE:

I just wish some people understood the circumstances a bit more and didn't make slightly snide comments like that. It's not nice for anyone to read.

No we know david, but nobody says that it has to be pictures from the film, I just think that it is to late too tell people that they wont get what they've actually paid for.

on top of everything some of the bigger guests (peter facinelli for example) are not going to be there. Im not saying that your fault, but dont change what is already good. people are very satisfied with the 8x10 pictures obviously, and I understand that you "cant find pictures" but it doesnt necessarily have to be from the movie. so why change it? at least give us a picture of the guest you already have.

And 1 thing i dont get is, that you have pictures to put on the montage but you dont have pictures to make 8x10 like we have got from all other events? the pictures on the montage aint from the movie either?