Nicky B

Charlie Aome

So Nicky B is in Boston this weekend for New England comic con and first thing friday when i had a chance to talk to him i did. i spoke to him and jacqi and all agreed they he wanted to come back to hallowhedon. I mean it's 2 weeks away guys. no one else has been mentioned and he said he WANTS to come? can we pleeeeeease get him? i mean the fans want him. he wants to be there. you haven't announced anyone in forever can't we have him? please please please :)

ps. mark metcalf is BAMF and i think we should have him too :)

Edited by Charlie Aome

• Moderators

Sadly there's often a number of guests who would like to come to each con, but ME have to work to their own plan in terms of budget and repeat guests etc.

This is always the tricky thing with fans asking potential guests about the cons, as I always worry about how they'd feel when they haven't been asked etc.

As great as it is whenever he's at anything, I think I would rather have other guests. There's so many to get through and it would be nice if each Hallowhedon gave us the chance to meet diffenent stars.

I agree completely. Also I'd be very surprised if there weren't already guests lined up.

i did chat to nicky 2 in LA months ago about HW1 and he said he'd loved it, he was asked by others about HW2 then. I do see DavidB's point though that it could be awkward for fans to be asking guests about going to events but equally i think we have got to the stage now where people are concerned with less than 2 weeks to go at the lack of guest updates.

I hope that we get some news early next week from ME now the Twilight con is over as i know this would be welcome by all of us attending Hallowhedon.

Edited by buffy2k

I hope that we get some news early next week from ME now the Twilight con is over

You may have to wait a little longer - from the main page:

Eternal Twilight 4

Friday 22nd - Sunday 24th October 2010

unless of course you're posting via time machine :dance:

I'd prefer to see new guests, but if there wasn't any in the works i'd love to see nicky again

this is exactly where i'm at which is why i'd like nicky there. i just feel like it's 2 weeks away and they've said nothing. so why not just get him since he still wants to? you know

he could buy the last 2 gold tkts and just come join the party! :thumbup:

:rolleyes: great idea^^

LOL imagine him getting autos & pics with the other guests

LOL!!

That's be interesting, lol! If not, perhaps he could be one of the staff, or maybe be in charge of taking pics of everyone? :lol:

• Showmasters Admin

i know that, too. jacqui supported me with my facebook-group to bring him back, and there are still 103 group members.... the fans want him, yes. and massive events had kai owen at more than one the hub (1,2,4 and 5) p.e.

Just felt I had to add in here that ME didn't have to pay for international flights from the US for Kai. There's a pretty big difference between getting a UK guest back and the expense of a US guest.

i know that, too. jacqui supported me with my facebook-group to bring him back, and there are still 103 group members.... the fans want him, yes. and massive events had kai owen at more than one the hub (1,2,4 and 5) p.e.

Just felt I had to add in here that ME didn't have to pay for international flights from the US for Kai. There's a pretty big difference between getting a UK guest back and the expense of a US guest.

Personally, I woulda thought that since 95% of the Whedon cast are living in the states that would've been budgeted in when the whole Hallowhedon idea first began planning. Bit wrong to say that it's due to international flights cos besides ASH who we've already got most everyone would need international flights! :jason:

• Moderators

And as such, the budget would lean towards getting new guests where possible, rather than getting the same ones every con.

It's easy for a potential guests to say "sure I'd love to come!" but ME are the ones that have to pay for everything.

Getting someone like Kai back every time as an MC of sorts is far far easier on a con budget.

will be getting the special group shot or somthing like a couple of the other cons did? i remember jason saying at the auction about there WOULD be 6 guests and i know im not the only who remembers it, so i was just wondering if we dont get anymore wud we get a group shot or somthing to make up for it? not wanting to cause a fuss just a question..

And as such, the budget would lean towards getting new guests where possible, rather than getting the same ones every con.

It's easy for a potential guests to say "sure I'd love to come!" but ME are the ones that have to pay for everything.

Getting someone like Kai back every time as an MC of sorts is far far easier on a con budget.

I think that misses the point of fact that anyone would be from the states, not just a repeat guest, and we don't have anyone at all...makes it sound like they have no budget for anyone :jason: also, people have said they want the guest, it's not wasting money if it'll increase tickets sold and money spent, rather than getting a cheaper local guest that noone wants imo