Eternal Twilight 4

showmasters

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Group L :) Though not impressed with the early morning photoshoots, I'll look like death at 9am for a picture! :D

aww no you"ll be fine! :)

Group L :) Though not impressed with the early morning photoshoots, I'll look like death at 9am for a picture! :(

Don't worry Nat I went from green to normal within three photo shoots at ET3

Thanks guys...Someone may need to prod me when theyre gonna take it and I'll throw a smile in lol

Just made my own mini schedule and I'm gonna be busy on Sunday!

xx

about the wristband thing (yes, I am late but I am at some other con this weekend ^^)

I like wristbands, I really do... they're fund to wear and everything... BUT not having a badge sucks big time... I myself, have all my ET badges (1-3 plus the one from the twiproms london) on my red ET2 lenyard and have it attached to my backpack. I love that... it's my travel backpack and since I usually travel alone I love having them there as a memory on my lonely trips...

I'd really like a badge to buy or something, I would pay for one :D

Couple of questions.

Regarding the author signings. If your group number is called, but you are not buying a book on the day (because you already own the book) will you be sent out of the line and asked to come back later when all groups have been through?

And....wristbands....I always find the damn things so uncomfortable, but then I've only had experience of plastic or card ones before now. But, will you be able to put them on yourself, or will there be some overly eager/busy person clasping them on us? Because....they usually do the damn things too tight on me and I pull at it the whole time and can't wait to get it off!! If you put them on yourself, you can make sure it's not too tight etc.

I'll miss the passes too....they're hung all over my room on various frames etc...and wearing them makes me feel like a VIP :( A shame a few selfish people have spoilt that one for us by abusing them... :D

Couple of questions.

Regarding the author signings. If your group number is called, but you are not buying a book on the day (because you already own the book) will you be sent out of the line and asked to come back later when all groups have been through?

As far as I am aware you go in that time slot regardless if you're buying the book or not.

And....wristbands....I always find the damn things so uncomfortable, but then I've only had experience of plastic or card ones before now. But, will you be able to put them on yourself, or will there be some overly eager/busy person clasping them on us? Because....they usually do the damn things too tight on me and I pull at it the whole time and can't wait to get it off!! If you put them on yourself, you can make sure it's not too tight etc.

I can only speak for other shows, but normally the crew will put them on. But if you mention your problem to the crew member putting the wristband on your wrist I'm sure he/she will try to make you feel comfortable

Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm about to go to work and I know I'll forget to look/ask if I don't ask now . . . I'm assuming these wristbands are the kinda paper/plasticy ones you get elsewhere where they slap them on you and you can't take them off . . . now I don't know about everyone else but I find it easier to shower with my wrist :/ how likely is it it's going to get damaged and if it does is there anything that can be done? Again sorry if this has been asked before :) thank you!

They are the cloth type ones so u can wash fine in them :blink:

Is this the final Schedule? Or is there a chance someone could be added to it? It's just so I can work out my plans.

Also these wristbands? Are they the ones you have to cut off? or can I take them off to sleep. Gutted about not having the cards, how am I going to scan it for my scrap book.

So no replacement for Peter? I know you guys can't control guests pulling out and things. But please stop bigging up about getting 'bigger guests and cullens'. I know I am dissopointed. Oh well.

Thanks for the Schedule :)

Edited by beauty&bear

So no replacement for Peter? I know you guys can't control guests pulling out and things. But please stop bigging up about getting 'bigger guests and cullens'. I know I am dissopointed. Oh well.

Thanks for the Schedule :)

I know how you feel, I am really sad about the cancellations also.

There hasn't been much said about a replacement for Peter either way since we were told they were looking for one but that was a few weeks ago. I thought the ME would come through for us at the last minute but I don't see it happening now, it's too close to the event :smile:

Although I am sure we will enjoy the weekend, it's a bit of an anti-climax after the guests announcements at ET3 and I am gutted I paid so much for the Gold ticket.

Edited by TwilightMum

I have every faith in SM/ME. Look how close to ET3 they got JCB and even with him having to leave early on the Sunday, they still managed to fit everything in and keep it running smoothly.

They are staying optimistic about getting us another guest by the way they have done the schedule to allow another guest to be slotted in.

Even if they don't get us another guest, I'm not going to complain because we still have 6, which is a lot more than most of the other weekend cons, especially since the majority of the guests have to be flown over from America. I know this may probably bring up the "Well we have the increased amount in the ticket price for more guests and I dont feel that Im getting my money's worth" rant, but I have paid for my gold ticket and I'm a student, so I'm in the same boat.

However, the ETs just keep getting better and better so, for me, I'm getting more than my money's worth over the weekend, im my opinion

Edited by Beechy

I have every faith in SM/ME. Look how close to ET3 they got JCB and even with him having to leave early on the Sunday, they still managed to fit everything in and keep it running smoothly.

They are staying optimistic about getting us another guest by the way they have done the schedule to allow another guest to be slotted in.

Even if they don't get us another guest, I'm not going to complain because we still have 6, which is a lot more than most of the other weekend cons, especially since the majority of the guests have to be flown over from America. I know this may probably bring up the "Well we have the increased amount in the ticket price for more guests and I dont feel that Im getting my money's worth" rant, but I have paid for my gold ticket and I'm a student, so I'm in the same boat.

However, the ETs just keep getting better and better so, for me, I'm getting more than my money's worth over the weekend.

It doesn't matter if you are a student and I am not, everyone has their own set of circumstances. I have to disagree and say that they are getting worse not better, that isn't ME fault it's just that due to the success of the films the guests most of us really want are very difficult/impossible to get.

Is this the final Schedule? Or is there a chance someone could be added to it? It's just so I can work out my plans.

Also these wristbands? Are they the ones you have to cut off? or can I take them off to sleep. Gutted about not having the cards, how am I going to scan it for my scrap book.

They stay on, if you could take them off it would kinda defeat the point of having them in the first place :smile:

They stay on, if you could take them off it would kinda defeat the point of having them in the first place :D

I was hoping it was like them rubber ones, that you got a few years ago. I guess it's 3 sleepless night for me, coz I can't stand them on.

My Slam Dunk wristband is still in perfect condition since May, so the ET4 one should still be intact after 3 days.

I'll have to take mine off for work, but will treasure it forever (sounds proper sad, but I don't care!).

It's better for all with regards to security and we'll all be able to see who is at the con, some people didn't wear their passes round their necks so they could have been anyone wandering round the con.