Eternal Twilight 4

showmasters

eww wristbands I hate those things so much thats a same cuz i have a nice collection of my passes on my wall you cant put a wristband on there haha!

are they cloth or plastic?! although saying that I'll still no doubt lose it whichever one it is haha

They are cloth as far as I'm aware, and you can't loss it, that's the point :D Once it's on, it's on until you "cut" it off, it can't fall off.

you'd be suprised my download one somehow ripped and fell off I had to try and put it back together with a plaster haha!

like David said too as long as they can slip off each day i'll be fine too not only will they clash with outfits but I cant sleep with those things on!

oh sorry dunno why my reply posted liek that but you can see what i'm replying too!

Edited by Miss Ragamuffin

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

out of curiosity, is the move to wristbands going to be 'across the board' as it were for all conventions? (I ask mainly because a friend I come to Hubs with literally cannot stand anything on her wrists - she even wears a pocketwatch on a chain because she can't wear a wristwatch. As such, wristbands would be completely impossible for her.)

Cloth wristbands? :S okay heres to hoping that my baby doesnt puke on it, or that I dont get poo on it changing her nappies... Seriously a cloth wristband for 3 days? with drinks being spilled and sweat etc they are gonna stink! (especially for those who might end up with a poopy one like me xD)

Can understand it from a security point of view but I can see so many down falls already :S

• Showmasters Admin

out of curiosity, is the move to wristbands going to be 'across the board' as it were for all conventions? (I ask mainly because a friend I come to Hubs with literally cannot stand anything on her wrists - she even wears a pocketwatch on a chain because she can't wear a wristwatch. As such, wristbands would be completely impossible for her.)

This has not yet been decided. But honestly it is likely for the same security and logistical reasons we have introduced them at this event.

In a case like your friend's, as I said to the girl above, come and see me at the show and we sort something out. We would not want someone to NOT come because of these.

Edited by Too Tall

They are cloth as far as I'm aware, and you can't loss it, that's the point :YAHOO: Once it's on, it's on until you "cut" it off, it can't fall off.

Oh, come on. I work in a hospital. I don't need to see confused looking people milling around with secure wristbands at the weekend too. :D:(

• Showmasters Admin

Cloth wristbands? :S okay heres to hoping that my baby doesnt puke on it, or that I dont get poo on it changing her nappies... Seriously a cloth wristband for 3 days? with drinks being spilled and sweat etc they are gonna stink! (especially for those who might end up with a poopy one like me xD)

Can understand it from a security point of view but I can see so many down falls already :S

I honestly can't see too many people being in the situation of getting poo on it. But if that situation does araise again please come and talk to us and we'll sort it out.

We'll sort out issues one at a time as they happen. At the moment we get 5-20 badges lost per show and we sort that out, this will be no different.

They are similar to one's you get at 3 or 4 day rock conserts and people there get one hell of a lot more sweaty and grimmy than at the Hilton.

Edited by Too Tall

i like wrist bands :) when they come off you can just pin them to the wall.... am i the only person that tries to see how long they last before they give up and fall apart? and i've only ever had paper ones! lol so cloth could very easily beat the 2 weeks the my chemical romance one lasted back in 07 (i totally washed while wearing them btw :P so no worries!)

i like wrist bands :) when they come off you can just pin them to the wall.... am i the only person that tries to see how long they last before they give up and fall apart? and i've only ever had paper ones! lol so cloth could very easily beat the 2 weeks the my chemical romance one lasted back in 07 (i totally washed while wearing them btw :P so no worries!)

Exactly that's the issue tho, they don't last :( and well compared to the passes look cheap....well cheaper anyway

The option to buy them shud be available... I didn't order a tshirt coz I collect the badges/passes, But have ended up with neither :(

I honestly can't see too many people being in the situation of getting poo on it. But if that situation does araise again please come and talk to us and we'll sort it out.

We'll sort out issues one at a time as they happen. At the moment we get 5-20 badges lost per show and we sort that out, this will be no different.

They are similar to one's you get at 3 or 4 day rock conserts and people there get one hell of a lot more sweaty and grimmy than at the Hilton.

I can understand its not a situation that many people will be under but anyone with a little baby will know that sometimes you get things everywhere :P As well as the constant threat of having it dribbled/nibbled on lol. Being a bit of a hygene freak the thought of wearing something for 3 days without being able to take it off isnt a nice thought. (and no I havent been to a festival :s)

Yep I do that too lol. My cloth festival ones I took off after a few months, and they are still intact!!

I really don't think that wristbands are the end of the world.

With regards to fabric wristbands getting dirty, I wore one at a nearby festival a few years back, and showered with the wristband on every day - washing it with shower gel - with no problems. They should clean up fine using hand soap and will dry quickly under the hand dryers :)

Exactly that's the issue tho, they don't last :( and well compared to the passes look cheap....well cheaper anyway

The option to buy them shud be available... I didn't order a tshirt coz I collect the badges/passes, But have ended up with neither :(

I have my broken paper wrist band from the doc who exhibition still :) (i would have the rest but i honestly don't know where they went.....) But i'm not one for neatness so yeah =/ im not bothered about them looking fancy.. i cant actaully use pins in my house atm anyway... blue tack only... so last time's pass is hidden in a draw lol

I never ordered a t shirt cause the black one said jedward on it.......

The wristbands are easily washable and can not fall off. They are material like your clothes, so will not irritate the skin.

I have worn wristbands at 5 day rock festivals and they seem to cope just fine, having been in several mosh pits, crowd surfed,showered, washed and everything in a wristband, it stays on and gets cleaned very easily. At the end of the day you don't get a choice what you are given at these festival/events to wear. It is proof you are a paying customer, and makes sure no one gate crashes.

Even in the really bad conditions at Reading festival this year, my wristband didnt fall off, stay dirty at all. They are safe, secure and they still make a good keep sake.

Even this persons wristband was fine:

48048_10150279461050201_727445200_14859053_4971291_n.jpg

Don't think we will have this problem at Eternal Twilight :P

Anyway, back to schedule, looks good :(

Will be an awesome weekend :P

Davey :(

I LOVE wristbands! So much so that i am still wearing a PLASTIC one ive had since the middle of August. Thats 2 months! The only reason i will be taking it off is to replace it with my ET4 one.

I reckon we should see how many people can keep their ET4 wristbands on until ET5! 4 months! i reckon i could manage that.

=x=

The wristbands are easily washable and can not fall off. They are material like your clothes, so will not irritate the skin.

I have worn wristbands at 5 day rock festivals and they seem to cope just fine, having been in several mosh pits, crowd surfed,showered, washed and everything in a wristband, it stays on and gets cleaned very easily. At the end of the day you don't get a choice what you are given at these festival/events to wear. It is proof you are a paying customer, and makes sure no one gate crashes.

Even in the really bad conditions at Reading festival this year, my wristband didnt fall off, stay dirty at all. They are safe, secure and they still make a good keep sake.

Even this persons wristband was fine:

48048_10150279461050201_727445200_14859053_4971291_n.jpg

Don't think we will have this problem at Eternal Twilight :P

Anyway, back to schedule, looks good :(

Will be an awesome weekend :P

Davey :(

lol THATS where Davey went! :P

AND you are still wearing yours! (I am only jealous cos Kev made me take mine off after just over a week after cos I have to ice cakes lol)

I LOVE wristbands! So much so that i am still wearing a PLASTIC one ive had since the middle of August. Thats 2 months! The only reason i will be taking it off is to replace it with my ET4 one.

I reckon we should see how many people can keep their ET4 wristbands on until ET5! 4 months! i reckon i could manage that.

=x=

Easily done!! Depends what they look like to start with tho for me to do it!

And it's not dirty, assuming u wash lol

=x=

Yuk! :(:P

The only way it would be yuk is if you dont bath or shower. I dont know about you but i shower every day, so.... sparkly clean wrist band every morning!

I'm not sure if this question has already been asked, so I'm sorry if I'm just repeating.

I couldn't resist buying Crescendo and Torment before ET4 and I know priority will be given to those who buy the books there but how does it work? Like I mean I'm in Group S, so do I just go to that signing? Or do I go at another time?