End time on Sunday?

emmy141

The last photo I took of the guests leaving the stage was 6.03pm. It finished about 5-10 minutes after that.

Edit: Having looked at the 9 ME events I have attended so far, most have ended at around 6, the earliest just after 5, and the latest was 6.30

Edited by 1of2

My timstamps say I went in 2005, so I can't really believe what they say. I know there were less people than other nights. I think we left 10.30/11pm? But I don't think it had finished - we just had to get up early in the morning to get back for 12am lectures! That, and I think I actually got a few sneaky pics of my friend falling asleep, but she has no stamina. A lot of people seemed bored by the party, because they made the room smaller and like I said, less people, but I figure, it's there, it's a party, you've paid, so if you don't have to make it back for 9am Monday morning work, don't moan and go with it :lol:

But then theres the chill out party too?

Yeah not that it was really worth it last year. Hardly anyone there and I think the staff just wanted rid of us

but people are still going right?

i've got images of me standing alone on the middle of the room in my pjs! hehe. :D

• Moderators

Yeah not that it was really worth it last year. Hardly anyone there and I think the staff just wanted rid of us

i've got images of me standing alone on the middle of the room in my pjs! hehe. :D

I'll be there. Even if mostly I crash at a table and just chat to people. (I'm staying until Monday anyway - tried going home Sunday and working Monday once and nearly died - so may as well party!)

Its normally exactly that, chill out time, sit, relax, have a drink, and chat about the weekend :D

I am always disappointed if I have to leave straight after closing ceremony, but if it is in London, then it takes 3 1/2 hours to get back and if we have work the following day, we have to do just that :D

Always jealous of everyone who gets to stay lol

The staff want you out when they start hoovering up around you lol

Granted this is usually early am if you are still sitting in bar area.

The staff want you out when they start hoovering up around you lol

Granted this is usually early am if you are still sitting in bar area.

i'm always last to go so i guess i'll be chased with hoovers most nights then!! ;)

Last year we went home before the event finished so this year we decided to stay an extra night and be there for the chill out party. As long as I don’t have to *do* the hovering, I’m happy! It doesn’t sound like there will be many of us though…

I stayed for the chill out party last year. I remember mostly being very cold ;) For some reason the staff insisted on keeping the doors open and it was quite windy. Otherwise the Sunday evening was fun thanks to the company of the friends I made over the weekend.

I'll probably be there for the later part of the Sunday evening this year too. I've got some family to catch up with early evening.

i've got images of me standing alone on the middle of the room in my pjs! hehe. ;)

Yeah i'll def be there anyway, i've got my weird PJ's to wear lol. Don't think it'll be a late night for me though our flight home is quite early on the Monday.

Last year the guests spent the Sunday evening down the White Horse pub. We arrived while they were eating their tea and we drank with them and Malcolm the photographer till about midnight and it was a fabulous evening. When we eventually turned up at the Thistle, there were about 50 people still milling around, the bar was closed and the guests then left about half hour later to go to bed. It was all quite quiet. At Bitten, the Sunday night party was awful and we were in bed by 11.30pm ;) I hope its better this year although it is a chill out so some people go home and/or disappear.