SGU - Season 2 (Spoilers)

welcome_earthling

So I've watched the first eppy. Glad SGU is back and from the first episode it looks like it's going to be more interesting.

So we pick up from where we left off, shoot out by the gate and in the medical bay, people trapped on the outside, military locked up, a few individual trying to take back the ship and the Lucian alliance still in control.

So the shoot outs have left the Lucian alliance short of a leader and we have the level headed Varro and some other nut job trying to gain control, after Varro sides with the Earth lot he gets kicked of the ship with them and abandoned on some planet so looks like him and his men will be around and working with the Earth lot so we have some new characters joining the cast.

I rather like Mike Dopud who plays Varro so this is good news, after all the bloke has been in all 3 stargates and deserves some more face time.

TJ is having some weird dream type thing, at first I thought this was going to be a boring storyline but actually I think there is going to be more to it in coming weeks. In her dream (while here body is being operated on in the real world) she meets up with those guys from season one who refused to leave the planet and wanted to live there. It's explained that aliens came for them and now they are living a happy life. Fastforward a bit and TJ is told that she cannot remain with them as she made her choice to leave the planet but her daughter can stay, she is also shown a strange light in the sky. At first she fights leaving her daughter but when she wakes up on the Destiny her daughter is dead and when she looks out the window the strange light formation from her dream is outside.

I'm actually excited to see where this leads, looks like we are going to have a new alien race or many it's the ancients.

Also interesting from this episode is Chloe. Looks like those naughty aliens that kidnapped her last season did something to her as she was shot in the last episode of season one but in this episode she heals completely!

Good things to note, Robert Knepper from Prison Break has joined the cast as a member of the Lucian Alliance ^_^

All in all a great episode, I loved season one and the differences it has from the original stargate series. This season looks to be even better.

~~~

Note I've popped this in here so everyone can see it but I'll be posting the rest of the season in the stargate section!

Edited by welcome_earthling

• 3 weeks later...

I'm watching SGU too, ep3 tomoz isn't it? it seems good so far loving that Louise Lombard (CSI, NCIS) has been in a few eps :D gutted about Riley, awwww!

hope they get off the ship a bit more in the upcomming eps, would be cool to see them do the whole exploring thingy!

and wonder what will happen regarding Col Telford?? ;)-_-

surfy sah xx