Guest Postponement - ALEX MERAZ

Massive Events

I would have thought given the ruccus surrounding this event now, any guest they get would be announced rather the left as a surprise.

I was thinking of item 25 in this post, although I agree with you, given the current state of affairs, and this close to the event, it might be tempting to let the cat out of the bag just to cheer people up :D

:D

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what to make of this to be honest. I'm not gonna lie, i am very dissappointed as i was especially looking forward to Alex but i can't help but think back to Twiproms. Kellan and Chaske were both cancelled with 2 weeks to go and everyone was furious. I went and ended up having the best time i ever have at a convention. I don't know if this will be the case for ET4 but i have faith. :D

If this is your first convention and you are doubting whether to attend - please do. It will be fantastic because even if funds are short and you aren't going for the social aspect i can guarantee that if you take the time to speak to 10 new people over the weekend you will leave with new friends. I did. Surely that, plus meeting some guests, plus some fab parties is enough of a reason to give it a go? :D

Edited by NuttyEmma

It's stupid not to go, think of all that money wasted.

Just go and have a good weekend. See the guests as an added bonus, not the main pull.

Well said ^_^

I'm going for the parties (I didn't go to them at ET3) and to see my new friends as well as the guests, and I've only met one of the guests attending (Chaske at CM16), so I get to meet loads of new guests, but I do understand that people have met Bronson before too. Still, I've heard that he is an awesome guest and so I would meet him again if I had met him before and liked him :(

It's stupid not to go, think of all that money wasted.

Just go and have a good weekend. See the guests as an added bonus, not the main pull.

With no disrespect intended, I think you've kind of missed the point of what myself and others have been saying on here. :dance:

We are aware that we will be out of pocket for the cost of the tickets, but why make ourselves even further out of pocket! I cant speak for everybody, but we have met most of the guests now attending because of all the guest cancellation/replacements and those we havent met are not worth all the money that it has already cost & would still have to be paid out. And for those that dont necessarily go to cons for the social side, the guests would be the main pull so why would they go anyway and look at the guests like an added bonus?

Its been said numerous times that for certain people, it is not as siimple as going and having a good time regardless. There are many reasons why such as work (like getting time off, losing holiday day/pay), responsibilties, personal circumstances and financial restrictions. Its all very well to still go if you have a purpose, but for those whose purpose was to see the guests that was originally lined up who are no longer attending, it then comes down to prioritising and doing what would be better in the long run for yourself. :D

Ok, I have kept my mouth shut up until now and find it hard in this moment to remain doing so. I have no reason to stand up for Massive Events other than to say that I have been somewhat in the same situation before in my job. Intentions are good, promises are made, promises are unintentionally broken. SH*t happens.:firedevil: They promised bigger and better stars and they got bigger and better stars did they not? Unfortunately it didn't work out. :D That's life and definately the way the cookie crumbles in the MOVIE world. To point out, before you buy a ticket you are made aware of all of the rules etc. so by buying your ticket you are making your decision based on these rules and regulations. WHat you choose to do is your decision and yours alone. No one made you buy a ticket. As far as losing money...it sucks. Let's be honest. Losing money sucks but this event isn't any different than buying a plane ticket and being unable to go. You don't get your money back. I have spent probably far more money than most of you on my costumes, plane ticket(I live in another country) hotel (staying the extra day and have to pay full price for that day) books for signatures, every little thing associated with the costume balls etc............... For me staying home would be a big mistake. I would lose over 1000 Euros at least. If I spent 500 Pounds on tickets you can bet your sweet a** that I wouldn't be staying home!! I would go to the convention and have a great time regardless. Think of it as an adventure.Better than sitting at home wondering what everyone is doing and what's going on. You know that all you'll do the whole weekend at home is bi*ch about it so why not go and have fun....bit*h about it later. AGain, whether you go or not is your decision. No one if forcing you to do anything. WHatever decision you make, you are the one responsible for it. I don't want to get up on a soapbox...that's really not my thing but when I see someone being treated unfairly(Massive Events) I have to step up to the plate and make it right. Massive Events is a company that organizes events for fans to celebrate their favorite shows/movies. They are a business. They don't really owe us anything except what they have given us. Every business has guidelines and everything is in black and white....what happens in the event of a guest cancellation etc. DO any of you think they make all this stuff up? Holding a guest under our noses and then pulling the rug out from under us? DO you think they laugh to themselves when another guest cancels? I think not. If all of you just take a step back and really think about it, we can't blame ME for what has transpired here.

I hope all of you will change your minds and come to the con regardless of the guest list. Come and have fun. Life is too short.

Oh God, I hope I don't get any hate mails. I'm not used to getting people angry. My rave was made with good intentions. :dance:

Certainly not hate mail, but if your rave was meant with good intentions, you should word things differently as it came across quite agressive. Why would people bitch and moan about it if they have CHOSEN not to go?

And in all fairness, the majority of people now contemplating not going havent actually blamed SM/ME or treated them unfairly, in fact I have previously stated the complete opposite. :D I can understand that you would want to defend them as I have done in the past for good reason, but reading through this topic as yet I dont really see why they need to be defended

Anyone who decides not to go are doing so because that is what will be better for them given the changes surrounding this event, not because they are being negative or unsupportive towards SM/ME. It is their personal choice like you stated, just as it is yours to still attend because that is what is better for you. Everyone's circumstances are different and so decisions will be made accordingly. But anyone who choses to no longer attend are quite free to do so and shouldn't be made to feel as if they are being unsupportive of the SM or the event.

Edited by gemma85

I agree with vlfowler aswell and as stated on the ME website all guests appear subject to work commitments. ME said it there in black and white (well...white and red :D).

I'm going ET4 to see all my friends again and hopefully make a few new ones, for the buzz of the parties, yes the guests also make me want to go, but as we've found in the past, the last minute 'smaller' guest have sometimes turned out to be the best!

So everyone go, have fun and be glad that ME spend all this time and effort to put on these brilliant events for us. Thank you ME!! :dance:

Me and my sis are glad that ME run these events. I have always been the first person to say that we should be satisfied with whoever they get for us because at the end of the day if they didnt run the shows, we wouldnt meet anyone. But this event, as stated by ME has been particularly unlucky. I get what your saying about going and having fun regardless but not everybody goes for the social aspect, they go because they wanna meet the guests AND as nice as it would be to make it into a social event, it would be a very expensive one, which in these financial times people cant afford to do.

There are certain points that I would also like to pick up on:

1) Bigger and Better guests: yes we all understand that twilight guests cost more now than what they did for ET1 but without sounding rude, I wouldn't constitute Peter or Alex as bigger or better guests as they have attended SM/ME events before, the only thing that may make them bigger is their appearance fee. If ME's meaning of bigger is the size of the role a guest plays than yes, Peter was a big guest but if that IS what they mean, they should rethink the way they word things as most people seem to be under the impression that bigger & better mean people we havent had before.

2) We all know that guests appear subject to work commitments but as I stated before, one or two guest cancellations is to be expected, but to have half of the original line up cancel and be replaced another kettle of fish. Personal circumstances make it very difficult for us to attend these events period, so with all the things we have to work around and take into consideration, the decision to attend cannot be made lightly and the guest line up is obviously the deciding factor.

3) Yes the replacements are great, I personally love Bronson. But it doesnt really help if you have already met them, which for us and many others, we have! The cost of the weekend totalled up as it stands, cannot be justified for guests we have already met and guests who have very, very minor roles. I'm sure those guests will be lovely, but two guests however lovely and whether we have met them or not do warrant the cost.

I must reiterate, that we in NO WAY blame SM/ME for any of this, they have done the best they can in a crappy situation, that is a given. But people must realise that for parents, carers and people with little funds, it is not as simple to say we'll go regardless and hopefully a great time.

LIKE** lol

I totally agree with you my mum has paid for the last three events. And this one she has really had to squeeze out every penny. I have been saying that we will have a great time anyway but the only reason my mum said that I could come to this event was because one of the bigger stars was coming (Peter) and I was told specifically that this would be my last event because they are just too much money to be paying especially when we could go abroad for like 2 weeks the same price we pay in total for the event. So I am guted thats the guest have cancelled but what can you do.... "/

Hi there

I am one the people no longer coming to the event and it's not that I have taken the huff with ME, it's just that financially it is too expensive to justify coming as the guests we really wanted to meet are no longer attending.

Like Gemma I felt that post was a little agressive, everyone has the right to decide whether or not they can afford to come to the event. We all have our own set of circumstances.

I really do hope that everyone has a great time but for us it's not about the social aspect it's about meeting the guests.

I fully appreciate that nothing can be done to stop guests cancelling but things just haven't worked out how I thought they would.

i can see both points of view here - My only issue is that someone said on here you buy a ticket knowing the rules and take a risk the guests pull out but by advertising bigger guests is what makes people buy tickets, if they didnt advertise who was coming would as many of us buy the tickets? I would, but only a standard, instead of the vip i forked out for which i can promise i will never do again. I along with everyone else feel let down and gutted, I would be happeir if Alex and Peter had been replaced by guests I hadnt seen before.

i can see both points of view here - My only issue is that someone said on here you buy a ticket knowing the rules and take a risk the guests pull out but by advertising bigger guests is what makes people buy tickets, if they didnt advertise who was coming would as many of us buy the tickets? I would, but only a standard, instead of the vip i forked out for which i can promise i will never do again. I along with everyone else feel let down and gutted, I would be happeir if Alex and Peter had been replaced by guests I hadnt seen before.

If Peter, Alex and Cam were not advertised we would probably have bought a standard that way if things didn't work out and the guests were people we had previously met or weren't too bothered about we wouldn't have lost too much money. It's true that advertising guests influences your decision on which tickets to buy. I remember when I told my husband I was buying Gold he said "Why bother because Peter and Alex will only cancel anyway". He was right on that one sadly.

Hi there

I am one the people no longer coming to the event and it's not that I have taken the huff with ME, it's just that financially it is too expensive to justify coming as the guests we really wanted to meet are no longer attending.

Like Gemma I felt that post was a little agressive, everyone has the right to decide whether or not they can afford to come to the event. We all have our own set of circumstances.

I really do hope that everyone has a great time but for us it's not about the social aspect it's about meeting the guests.

I fully appreciate that nothing can be done to stop guests cancelling but things just haven't worked out how I thought they would.

I knew it!! I knew I would stick my foot in my mouth! I apologize to those who found my mail agressive. I really am sorry. I was ticked when I wrote it and I guess it shows. I did feel that "most" not "all" of the persons I included in my "rant" were being unfair, but not everyone.

Only 10 days to go and this will be all over.

Again, I am sorry if I have stepped on anyone's toes.

Be positive and stay that way.....

:P

Edited by vlfowler

Do people like yourself or gemma85 who decide not to go have a friend or somebody who is still going who could get the autographs on your behalf? Those are worth the ticket price so why let them 'go to waste' so to speak? You then have something to keep, or if you want to recoup some of the cost of the ticket and don't want the auto's, well use your imagination!

My first con and am gutted at the amount of cancellations BUT the weekend is what you make it. My best friend & I are still exciting about just having a weekend away and having a laugh with like minded people.

I get that ppl are peeved about the guests and that has to include ME/SM, I think I can honestly say, wouldn't want their job right now LOL x.

We are spending hundreds of pounds to attend but that just makes us more determined to have a good time.

Can't wait, aaaaahhhhhh 1 week & 4 days lol, see you all there x

Hi there

I knew it!! I knew I would stick my foot in my mouth! I apologize to those who found my mail agressive. I really am sorry. I was ticked when I wrote it and I guess it shows. I did feel that "most" not "all" of the persons I included in my "rant" were being unfair, but not everyone.

:YAHOO:

I didn't think your post was aggresive. You were saying your point, and everyone is allowed to express their opinions :) I personally agree with you.

Do people like yourself or gemma85 who decide not to go have a friend or somebody who is still going who could get the autographs on your behalf? Those are worth the ticket price so why let them 'go to waste' so to speak? You then have something to keep, or if you want to recoup some of the cost of the ticket and don't want the auto's, well use your imagination!

I think ul find that if you do not go ( I have not said anywhere that i wasnt going) noone can claim your autographs or pictures! I only know this as my friend who could not go before, had asked me to get her autographs and i was told i couldnt!

• Showmasters Admin

I think ul find that if you do not go ( I have not said anywhere that i wasnt going) noone can claim your autographs or pictures! I only know this as my friend who could not go before, had asked me to get her autographs and i was told i couldnt!

This is not correct.

If you know before the event that a friend can not make it. All you need to do is get your friend to send you their registation letter with a covering note saying that are happy for you to pick up their pack and get their autographs for them. This is fine and has been done a number of times, but we do need their reg letter and the cover note as proof.

Edited by Too Tall

Im pretty sure I have seen somewhere that both QS and TT have said that if you take a short letter from whoever cannot attend, just saying that they cannot go and that you are authorised to collect their autos for them, then that would be ok.

Edit: Double post with TT. Sorry TT.

At least it's not going to send me crazy on whether I had seen this posted somewhere or not :YAHOO:

Edited by Beechy

If Peter, Alex and Cam were not advertised we would probably have bought a standard that way if things didn't work out and the guests were people we had previously met or weren't too bothered about we wouldn't have lost too much money. It's true that advertising guests influences your decision on which tickets to buy. I remember when I told my husband I was buying Gold he said "Why bother because Peter and Alex will only cancel anyway". He was right on that one sadly.

I agree, I did the same thing only my tickets are silver.

I'll still come to the event as I cant really afford to waste that money & I'll be meeting up with my girls but I am really disappointed.

Hi there

:thumbup:

I didn't think your post was aggresive. You were saying your point, and everyone is allowed to express their opinions :) I personally agree with you.

Of course people can express their opinions, nobody said that they couldnt. There are simply ways of putting things. :blush:

i've just been reading what a lot of you have been saying and on one level i totally agree, i am totally gutted (that's the polite way i'd like to say it) that the guests have had to cancel, i know a lot of people bought they're tickets after the first three guests were announced, my friend did that and she's not too happy right now, but in all honesty, i get to have the weekend off work, and spend time with friends i get to see a couple of times a year, and meet some awesome people - who may have 1 line in the movie or 1000 lines in the movie. granted i would be the happiest girl ever if kellan or xavier were announced last minute, but i'm not going to throw the weekend away just because i'm not all too interested in the guests we have - trust me i bet they all surprise you when you meet them (i know from judging at the first con i went too) remember theyre taking time out to come and spend time with you ... its not very nice for them too see that people dont want to meet them.

sorry for the little rant, but i was feeling the same way until a friend said its not all about the guests, it's about the whole weekend ... and if the guests are your favourites its a bonus.

im just looking forward to a crazy weekend with my friends making lots of memories.

• Moderators

I can understand all perspectives to be honest. Some people don't know anyone, and so the social aspect isn't too high for them. Others see their friends quite often, and so it's just a far more expensive way of seeing them. And others don't see them at all together, and so it's a fantastic opportunity for them.

I think we can all respect each other and our own personal 'wants' from a convention such as this. No one needs to be belittled for feeling disappointed if some guests pulled out. They have their own reasons for purchasing a ticket, and that's fair enough.

If there are others who haven't been hit quite so bad by the shifts in the guest lineup, then that's great. I'm glad lots of people are still going to have a fantastic time here. For some, it can be what you make of it, but for others it will be best to just cut your losses unfortunately.

I guess in the end, even though everyone has a common bond here, we are all still individuals with our own feelings on everything :lol: