Guest Postponement - ALEX MERAZ

Massive Events

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, im insanly annoyed now. I know that ME cant stop them dropping out but one of the reasons i can was because of the 3 guests announced at the last one. I cant afford to go to ET5 because ive gone silver for this one and im actually regretting it now. If i could swap to standard and pay for what i wanted i would, but i cant lol.

Ill still have an awsome time because of the awsome friends i meet there, just gutted about the guests.

It's an awful shame. It can't be helped, but still, it's still sad news.

This WAS my last convention but myself and 3 friends decided to pull out a few weeks ago, knowing this would happen. We've lost nearly £400 as a group, but we would have had to have paid more if we decided to attend.

I hope everyone has fun! :P

It's an awful shame. It can't be helped, but still, it's still sad news.

This WAS my last convention but myself and 3 friends decided to pull out a few weeks ago, knowing this would happen. We've lost nearly £400 as a group, but we would have had to have paid more if we decided to attend.

I hope everyone has fun! :D

:P

guess we're missing partying with BooBoo.

Such a shame eh. :')

Right, i'm over the selfish behaviour from before - sorry!

This is no-ones fault and we do get to see him in February - it's not like he's cancelled totally.

Thank you to SM for keeping us in the loop and look forward to Alex in Feb!

Pfff. A few of the first comments say it all really. I won't say anymore because I'll probably get deleted off here too...but yeah. Feel the same as Gillianre:

"Not going to lie - totally fed up at this announcement.

I can't say anymore now 'cos it'll prob be deleted."

First line especially.

EPIC FAIL

4 guests now. LOL <--- also a good point.

• Moderators

Everyone deals with it in different ways.

Some accept this as part of the way cons are run, and just act calmly.

Others get angry, and blame whoever they can etc.

We understand everyone is different, but in the end we just hope all the attendees have a good time if they choose to come along, and I'm pretty sure they will.

I definitely wont be attending ET5 due to the volume of stars pulling out of ET4, This will be my first and only time attending. Such a shame, Its an all wolf convention....

What i'd really like to know is are they finding anyone to replace Peter!? Now THAT is the big question!

Anyone care to shed any light!?

xxx

knew this would happen and expected it soon after he tweeted some time ago about his work commitments. Im gutted! i know he is coming to et5 but i had bought a vip especially for alex and peter, now neither are coming! not alot more to say just so dissapointed:(

knew this would happen and expected it soon after he tweeted some time ago about his work commitments. Im gutted! i know he is coming to et5 but i had bought a vip especially for alex and peter, now neither are coming! not alot more to say just so dissapointed:(

thankfully i also have a gold for et5, was gonna get vip again but after all the announcments of guests not being able to come, i cant take the risk again of paying out all that money.

This is in no way aimed at SM/ME, we all know the hard work they put in to getting guests and personally I would hate to be in their position right now coz they must be pulling their hair out over this event BUT:

Me and my sis are just soooo annoyed. I'm not blaming anybody, but this is just royally taking the pee. One or possibly two guest cancellations you have to expect but to have over half of the guest lineup cancel and change at pretty much the last minute is just ridiculous. We forked out over £300 on just tickets alone, thats not including the hotel, travel costs & food yet to be shelled out for and as disapointed as I am to say it, I dont know if we are actually gunna be coming now.

Right now we are having to weigh up whether its worth paying out all that additional cost for 2 guests we have already met & 2 guests who (with no disrespect intended) said barely more than 10 words between them. Yes, we know we will lose out on the money we paid on the tickets but in these difficult financial times, right now we can't justify the expense of the hotel etc as all the guests we booked to see are no longer attending. Plus, being carers for our disabled father, it makes it very hard to get time to go away to these events because we have to get cover for him so that has to be taken into consideration too and now there is no real pull for us still to come & have to pay out for private help to care for him in our absence.

Its such a shame because this was our first ET, we were looking forward to it emmensly but with all these hiccups, any excitement has since gone.

We love SM/ME and will continue to support and come to their events but this time round, in all probablility, it looks like we are gunna have to give this one a miss :D

Also, tbh, we don't agree with people saying its all ok because Alex is going to ET5 instead. Thats great for all those who can attend but lot of people aren't gunna be able to go for whatever reason so they are still gunna be missing the opportunity to meet him, so by saying that its ok for you because your going is just rubbing salt in the wound for those who cant.

• Showmasters Admin

well all we can do is book the guest we can get and yes we have been unlucky this time with guest having to drop out , but we have 6 guest and i know they will be fun guest to meet at the event, we have a full show for you , and i know that the fans that do attend the con will have lots of fun , and the fans that have attend before understand this to be true .

so we are sorry that some of the guest have dropped out but there was nothing we could have done to change this , in the past we have not been this unlucky , but the replacement guests are very much looking forward to meeting you all , so i think you should all come to the show and you will see it will be a great weekend :D

jason :D

This is in no way aimed at SM/ME, we all know the hard work they put in to getting guests and personally I would hate to be in their position right now coz they must be pulling their hair out over this event BUT:

Me and my sis are just soooo annoyed. I'm not blaming anybody, but this is just royally taking the pee. One or possibly two guest cancellations you have to expect but to have over half of the guest lineup cancel and change at pretty much the last minute is just ridiculous. We forked out over £300 on just tickets alone, thats not including the hotel, travel costs & food yet to be shelled out for and as disapointed as I am to say it, I dont know if we are actually gunna be coming now.

Right now we are having to weigh up whether its worth paying out all that additional cost for 2 guests we have already met & 2 guests who (with no disrespect intended) said barely more than 10 words between them. Yes, we know we will lose out on the money we paid on the tickets but in these difficult financial times, right now we can't justify the expense of the hotel etc as all the guests we booked to see are no longer attending. Plus, being carers for our disabled father, it makes it very hard to get time to go away to these events because we have to get cover for him so that has to be taken into consideration too and now there is no real pull for us still to come & have to pay out for private help to care for him in our absence.

Its such a shame because this was our first ET, we were looking forward to it emmensly but with all these hiccups, any excitement has since gone.

We love SM/ME and will continue to support and come to their events but this time round, in all probablility, it looks like we are gunna have to give this one a miss :D

Also, tbh, we don't agree with people saying its all ok because Alex is going to ET5 instead. Thats great for all those who can attend but lot of people aren't gunna be able to go for whatever reason so they are still gunna be missing the opportunity to meet him, so by saying that its ok for you because your going is just rubbing salt in the wound for those who cant.

Totally completely understand what you are saying here. Although one side of us is saying, well, it's out of control, these things happen, it's all part of the 'fun' of running a con, at the same time, it's quite a frustrating position for people, and not just for those who have to make the announcements about this (which would be so hard to do!!). I for one have had to do a lot of hair pulling just to make sure my money isn't wasted in coming this time round, it's not easy for those who have full time jobs to get the time off work, and the one thing that kept me in hope was seeing some of the big wigs like Peter and Alex and Cameron, all who (aparts from Peter) I've never met before. A lot of money is spent not just on thhe con itself, but on all the extras and it's costing me (and I know others as well) a lot out of our wages just to attend, especially with what I consider to be a poor line up of guests, when we can't cancel our tickets because of refund policies and such. Which on one hand I do understand, but the other hand is also quite sad and disappointed. I just hope that I'm not disappointed enough in this con to actually want to fork out more money for the 5th one, to meet the people. Frankly I'm now more interested in meeting the authors that are coming than the actual Twilight guests who have a bit part. Still, as said previously, all we can do is be proper and calm about it. Smiles all round!

• Moderators

I don't think anyone saying that doesn't feel sorry for those that won't be able to meet him at the next one. It's just some are trying to find a way of looking on the bright side a little, and I don't think we can blame them for that right? :smile:

My only grip is we were promised bigger and better guests and you haven't delivered that. You increased the ticket prices to reflect those guests and iam a bit annoyed. I wish all the guests that have dropped out good luck. But SM shouldn't promise things if they can't do it.

In your post Jason you say we have six guests.... Does this mean there will not be a replacement for Peter or does it mean 6 guests at this time?!

Personally if a great replacement isnt found for Peter I think you should refund the difference in the price increase for tickets.

My only grip is we were promised bigger and better guests and you haven't delivered that. You increased the ticket prices to reflect those guests and iam a bit annoyed. I wish all the guests that have dropped out good luck. But SM shouldn't promise things if they can't do it.

In your post Jason you say we have six guests.... Does this mean there will not be a replacement for Peter or does it mean 6 guests at this time?!

Personally if a great replacement isnt found for Peter I think you should refund the difference in the price increase for tickets.

I am with you regarding the refund for the price increase in tickets if no replacement for Peter who was the headliner is found. I agree that ME can't stop guests pulling out but there is no point in promising things that can't be delivered. I thought the price increase was because ME were brining us the bigger guests who naturally cost more.

As others have said, no disrespect to Kirsten and Lucy but they have seconds in one of the 3 films.

The post from Jason does indicate that we have 6 guests but doesn't mention anything about the replacement for Peter still being looked at, I am wondering if ME have now admitted defeat on that?

I too am thinking about not coming any longer, I have a gold pass for myself and my daughter with together cost almost 500. I also have the hotel costs at 210 and travel costs at over 100. I am beginning to question if it's worth spending the additional money on the hotel and travel when the guests we really wanted to meet are no longer attending. I don't think any of us can be blamed for saying how we feel, it's only natural that lots of us are going to be upset.

• Moderators

The problem with refunding is that it starts a very dangerous precedent. Basically, if they do it for this convention, how are future attendees going to react for ET5 or any other event?

Without wanting to sound completely heartless, as I do genuinely feel for people - the terms and conditions are there for a reason. Guests appear subject to work committments, and that will always be the case.

With the best will in the world, Massive Events can't force Twilight actors to appear at their conventions.

The problem with refunding is that it starts a very dangerous precedent. Basically, if they do it for this convention, how are future attendees going to react for ET5 or any other event?

Without wanting to sound completely heartless, as I do genuinely feel for people - the terms and conditions are there for a reason. Guests appear subject to work committments, and that will always be the case.

With the best will in the world, Massive Events can't force Twilight actors to appear at their conventions.

Hi David,

I understand where you are coming from but the fans attending this con for specifically told by ME that we would get the bigger guests and the price increase was to reflect that.

I agree that ME cannot force Twilight actors to appear at the conventions but they should not promise the bigger guests if they can't deliver.

The con is very expensive for people and I have now decided that it is just going to cost to much for guests we aren't really bothered about meeting, as the 3 orig guests have all been cancelled. I will just need to stand a loss of almost 500 for this con. I think ET3 was my last con as it's just too disappointing.

Edited by DavidB