Party Themes

maggiem

Hello!

Somebody had to start this thread, so.... would it be possible to have the party themes announced sooner rather than later?

I'm sure that people had a tough time coming up with stuff for the "Future Torchwood" party at HUB 5. The carnival costumes on Saturday were much better and there were more of them.

Just as an extra idea, what about "Past Torchwood". Not costumes, but people could try and design a piece of equipment, bring it along and say what it would be used for. Think of the gear that Gerald & Harriet had in "To The Last Man".

Perhaps a display in one of the meeting rooms/competition for the best piece of equipment?

Just a thought....

• Moderators

There are various time periods that tie in with episodes that I don't think we've used yet that could probably work as themes...

World War I (To The Last Man)

1950s (Out Of Time)

1920s India (Audio play The Golden Age)

99% i can't go, but what i do know is that with regards to party themes they can't really decide on them until they pretty much know all the guests coming because they ought to relate to the guests. If say you get Louise Delamere( Diane from Out of Time) There should be a 50s party, might be good to see everyone in authentic 50s clothing. Would look really good, and it is easier to know what to wear, an obvious theme. f you live in Cardiff there is a lovely little shop that sells traditional clothes, proper 50s and not too expensive.

If i were able to go id love a party like this or the 40s. All the guys in military....mmmmm and all the gals in beautiful old dresses hair all done up, would be great.

• Moderators

I think, tbh, the Friday and Saturday at least (if music on Sunday is reinstated at all...), no matter what the theme, a lot of the same sort of music will be played. Having the theme as one time period or another doesn't necessarily mean that the only music that can be played is from that era!

*is getting kind of attached to the idea of a 50s party actually... interesting variety of fashions to choose from...*

I think having music linked to the theme adds to the party. When I've gone to themed events in the past, the music has always been linked to the theme. It really adds to the event.

I loved the 1940s party at HUB1, and I've still got one of the "Swingtime Sweethearts" flags!

I think having music linked to the theme adds to the party. When I've gone to themed events in the past, the music has always been linked to the theme. It really adds to the event.

I loved the 1940s party at HUB1, and I've still got one of the "Swingtime Sweethearts" flags!

That was a good theme actually. I think I've still got the flag somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That was a good theme actually. I think I've still got the flag somewhere.

i liked that one, it was cool and the singers were good, and they planned it well as they didn't go on for too long for the people who didn't like them.

And i have my flag on my wall xD

Another 50s vote! Love the 40s/50s eras so either would be great!

Hmmm, what else.

As James is there, maybe a villains theme?

Doctors theme for Owen/Martha?

And on the themed music front, even at the 80s sunday party the music wasnt all 80s, so hvaing themed music to fit whatever the theme is will never exclude any other musical tastes.

Having 30 mins/1 hour of themed music every so often really helps a party along :D

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...