• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Julie Andrews !!!!!!!

john cleese

Donald O'Connor

George Lucas

Christopher Lloyd

:)

Hate to be the one to tell you - but Donald O'Connor died about 8 years ago. He was someone i'd always wanted to meet.

The rest of your suggestions are great.

Since Al Worden generally enjoys spending time with the ASF ladies AND is busy promoting his new book, any chance he might come over again?

I'm about half way through his new book at the moment and have been thinking how good it would be to have him over post book!

I know we don’t get many sport stars at Autographica but what about trying to get the 4 time US Olympic gold medallist Michael Johnson.

He has a new book out and is doing a book tour in the UK, so he might be interested in doing this type of event, plus with the Olympics in London next year it would be a great way to start the build up to an amazing sporting year.

How about some crime fighters? :

Cagney & Lacey - Sharon Gless and Tyne Daly

Hart To Hart - Robert Wagner and Stephanie Powers

Murder She Wrote - Angela Lansbury

Diagnosis Murder - D Van Dyke

Charlies Angel's girls

Quincy MD - Jack Klugman

Rockford Files - James Garner

Fall Guy / 6 Million Dollar Man - Lee Majors

Magnum PI - Tom Selleck

Miami Vice - Don Johnon & Philip Michael Thomas

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd really like to see return visits from Sylvia Anderson and Bob Anderson.

I've always got lots of Thunderbirds and SW items that I want signed.

I'd also really like to see a group Thunderbirds photo shoot added on Sunday with Shane, Matt and David (and Sylvia too of course if she was added as a guest).

Seems a shame to have three Thunderbirds guests all there on Sunday but no group shoot. I think it would be popular.

With regard to Hollywood legends. Like lots of us, those have been some of my favourite guests at previous Autographicas, and I still hope we get absolute A list legends like Lauren Bacall, Doris Day, Kirk Douglas, Joan Fontaine, Olivia de Havilland and others at future shows.

But if it's not possible to get someone like that at a show then maybe having some legends from European cinema might be an option. Stars like Brigitte Bardot and Jean-Paul Belmondo would be good. I'd love to meet them, and get my À bout de souffle/Breathless poster signed by Jean-Paul.

And I'm sure that many of us would like to meet some of the other older American actors too. Someone like Jack Klugman. I bet lots of us watched him as Quincy and also enjoyed him in 12 Angry Men. He's the last surviving juror member from that all time classic now.

Or a return visit from the great George Kennedy who was so good to meet in Birmingham. There are probably a lot of fans who would like to add him to their Leslie Nielsen Naked Gun signed items they got last year.

Just like to see some of the older international actors at shows, as they're always so good - and very rare - to meet. And like with many of the guests, time is running out for us to get to meet them. Just like with the older astronauts, they'll come a time soon when we won't be able to get guests from those legendary film eras, so any at all from that time is always very welcome.

The guest that I would put my granny on ebay for is Lee Majors.

Damn, that would be cool

I'd love to see him as a guest too. I think Lindsay Wagner's first UK signing was at Autographica, and I enjoyed meeting her, so Lee would fit in great too.

He was going to be a guest at one of SMs Manchester shows a few years ago but had to cancel, and I've hoped ever since that they'd get him back one day. There's a lot of us who grew up watching him on TV in the 70s and also have fond memories of the toys.

Anyway, really looking forward to the show next week.