Guest Suggestions

Count Fooku

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three people I would like to meet from some of my favourite films are Gary busey, Brian dennehy and Bolo yeung if there's any chance of one that would be brilliant. Thanks

Brian Dennehy is one of the most underrated actors ever. He'd definitely be a great guest....

omar sharif

peter o toole

julie christie

sarah miles

bridgette bardot

herbert lom

kirk douglas

oliva de havilland

maureen o hara

jerry lewis

aretha franklin

eli wallach

george martin

vera lynn

lewis gilbert

gene hackman

shirley temple

morgan freeman

chevy chase

ian botham

steve redgrave

nick faldo

frank bruno

mathew pinsent

martin johnson

Edited by braveboy1

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I know, I repeat myself. But it would be fantastic to have Barbara Eden with us at the show. In April, her memoirs "Jeannie Out Of The Bottle" released, please invite Barbara for presenting her book.

Further suggestions :

Jon Provost ("Lassie")

Bruce Boxleitner + Kate Jackson ("Scarcrow and Mrs.King")

Dick Gautier ("Mr.Terrific")

William Shatner ("Star Trek")

Julie Andrews ("Mary Poppins")

Best

Helmut

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stan Lee.

His name was one of those mentioned in the LFCC guest poll but considering his age, perhaps Autographica would be a more suitable show.

Also, I would love to see Debbie Reynolds. A chance to meet the only remaining star of Singin' in the Rain would be incredible.

• 2 weeks later...

This suggestion my be a little out there but how about Brian Fletcher and Tommy Stack? For those that don’t know they are the jockeys that rode Red Rum to his 3 Grand National victories (Brian Fletcher in 1973, 1974 and Tommy Stack in 1977). Brian also rode Grand National winner Red Alligator in 1968.

Over the last few years SM have started to bring in some big name jockeys and they seem to have been quite successful. With the ‘historic’ atmosphere of Autographica I think the jockeys of one of the most famous race horses would be a big draw.

This suggestion my be a little out there but how about Brian Fletcher and Tommy Stack? For those that don’t know they are the jockeys that rode Red Rum to his 3 Grand National victories (Brian Fletcher in 1973, 1974 and Tommy Stack in 1977). Brian also rode Grand National winner Red Alligator in 1968.

Over the last few years SM have started to bring in some big name jockeys and they seem to have been quite successful. With the ‘historic’ atmosphere of Autographica I think the jockeys of one of the most famous race horses would be a big draw.

Yes I'd like to meet them too. I'd been meaning to suggest them as guests for awhile. I think they'd be very popular, as you say not just for a sporting reason but because they also appeal in a historic way that Autographica is always good for with guests. A joint photo shoot with the two of them would be good too.

I'd also suggest Lester Piggott, because although I've met him at 2 SM events, he hasn't done an Autographica yet. Again he's one of those sports greats that has cross over appeal to even non-sports fans due to him being a big name and part of history. Plus a lot of Autographica attendees wouldn't have been at his other SM shows, so would like a chance at meeting him and having a photo shoot.

How about...

- Don McCullin.

- David Bailey.

Both famous and renowned British photographers. Would be very interested in meeting photographers.

Great idea. Terry O'Neill would also be a good guest. I'm sure a lot of us would like to meet them.

I remember a few years ago they were going to have a 1960s theme for guests at an Autographica but then that didn't happen. I was hoping David and Terry would be guests then because their photos helped to define the era.

Then last year I missed a talk Don gave in Oxford about his book, so I'd definitely like to meet him too.

It would be great to get their autographs on some of their famous photos or in their books.

I appreciate that he's a bit niche, but I see that Fred Sorenson (Jock the pilot from Raiders of the Lost Ark) is about to attend his first covention.

It would be great to get him over, particularly for those that met the all of the Indiana Jones guests a couple of years ago.

"There's a big snake in the plane Jock!"

Edited by Tolkienerd