Guest Suggestions

Count Fooku

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing the super Moonraker guests announced I'd like to suggest the following people for the next Autographica:

Lois Chiles

Corinne Clery

Emily Bolton

Leila Shenna

Christina Hui

Françoise Gayat

Nicaise Jean Louis

Béatrice Libert

Michael Lonsdale

Richard Kiel

Lewis Gilbert.

I would also like to request a return appearance by Anne Lonnberg.

Edited by SunSpeed

I'd like to request the following people for the next Autographica as well:

Elisabeth Ashley

Bruce Glover

Jill Hennessy

Anthony Higgins

Bo Hopkins

Jack Klugman

Lee Meriweather

Lee Purcell

Putter Smith

Don Stroud

Anthony Zerbe.

To finish this post, this guest suggestion I would put in the 'very unlikely to happen' category, but it's worth a try. He's a veteran TV actor who played the lead role in one of the longest running detective series, Mannix:

Mike Connors.

BORIS VOLYNOV!!!

What a great idea and a true hero of spaceflight...

Am sure you will agree with the following entry from www.astrononautx.com

We have to have him at A17...

Regards all von Dawson's Express

Following docking Khrunov and Yeliseyev aboard Soyuz 5 immediately began preparing for their EVA. Volynov filmed them donning their Yastreb space suits. On the 35th revolution of the earth Khrunov and Yeliseyev,left Soyuz 5 and in one hour spacewalked to Soyuz 4. Soyuz 4 and 5 separated after 4 hours and 35 minutes docked together.

Volynov remained behind for what was undoubtedly the most unbelievable re-entry ever survived. The PAO service module of the Soyuz failed to separate after retrofire. While this had occurred on various Vostok and Voskhod flights, and on one Mercury flight, it was a much more serious problem for Volynov, where the module was much larger than a small retropack. Furthermore, once it started reaching the tendrils of the atmosphere, the combined spacecraft sought the most aerodynamically stable position - nose forward, with the heavy descent module with its light metal entry hatch at the front, the less dense service module with its flared base to the back. Volynov at once appraised the situation and considered all possibilities and realised that there was nothing he could really do.

The spacecraft was re-entering air-lock forward and with every minute the G forces increased. Volynov did his duty with all of his strength but this became increasingly difficult since he was hanging in the straps of his seat with the G forces assailing him in the opposite direction from what planned. Soon a strong smell penetrated the cabin - the rubber gaskets of the hermetic seal of the hatch were burning. The hatch had a light covering of heat protective resins, but at the last moment these could not hold out and the vaporised into fumes that immediately spread throughout the cabin. Volynov could remain conscious for only a few seconds after this.

He remained alive when a miracle occurred - a miracle for which he could thank the designers who had included a strong titanium frame which helped the airlock hold out against the onslaught of the superheated plasma. The PAO service module finally separated from the SA re-entry vehicle. The capsule turned around to an aerodynamically stable position at hypersonic speed and the heat shield finally took the brunt of the heating as designed. The spacecraft continued on a 9 G ballistic trajectory. The damage to the capsule resulted in a failure of the soft-landing rockets. The landing was harder than usual and Volynov broke his teeth. The capsule was recovered 2 km SW of Kustani, far short of its aim point, on January 18, 1969 at 07:58 GMT. It would be seven years until Volynov flew again, on Soyuz 21.

Turning attention to Shuttle astronauts, some who are no longer on active service and therefore theoretically available:

Eileen Collins

Pam Melroy

Kathryn Sullivan

Kathryn Thornton (signing at ASF Show in November)

Bonnie Dunbar

Rhea Seddon (signing at ASF Show in November)

Bruce McCandless would be a welcome return astronaut.

...and Cosmonauts:

Valentina Tereshkova

Yelena Kondakova

Svetlana Savitskaya

Mikhail Tyurin

Boris Volynov

Valeri Tokarev

Vladimir Shatalov

and Helen Sharman would always be welcome for a return visit.

BORIS VOLYNOV!!!

What a great idea and a true hero of spaceflight...

Thanks for supporting this suggestion, Martin. (We have agreed on other occasions on this board).

Boris was great when he came to one of the earlier Autographicas. He was a very willing, helpful and personable signer.

How about John Cleese? He's on tour next year and keeps appearing on TV saying that he needs the money to pay alimony to his ex-wife.

What with his appearances in classic TV comedy, Harry Potter and James Bond, he would seem like an ideal guest for this kind of event (and he has a stand-up routine ready for a Q&A!).

I'm definitely agreeing with Lauren Bacall.

Aside from her, how about:

Burt Ward

Roy Thinnes

James Arness

Robert Conrad

Tom Selleck

James Garner

Martin Milner & George Maharis (stars of the 1960s 'Route 66')

Martin Landau

David McCallum

I'm hoping for some classic Hollywood stars, before it's too late to meet some of them......

Debbie Reynolds

Jane Russell

Shirley Maclaine

Doris Day

Faye Dunaway

Roger Moore

Angela Lansbury

Peter Falk

Dick Van Dyke

Julie Andrews

Glynis Johns

Sally Ann Howes

Jerry Lewis

Maureen O'Hara

Raquel Welch

Sophia Loren

Robert Wagner

Stephanie Powers

Leslie Caron

James Garner

Lee Majors

Gene Wilder

Martin Sheen

Elliot Gould

Jane Fonda

Peter O'Toole

Jack Klugman

Cybil Shepherd

Lauren Bacall

Mel Brooks

Peter Fonda

Richard Chamberlain

Ann-Margret

Christopher Lee

Angie dickinson

ALSO:

Frank Oz or any Muppeteers

Ghostbusters cast

John Cleese (on tour around the time of Autographica!!!!!)

Chevy Chase

Steve Guttenberg

Paul Hogan

Tom Selleck

Lee Majors

Don Johnson

Any Cheers, Frasier or Seinfeld cast

Edited by keithporter23

Mr T (The A Team & Rocky 3)

Macaulay Culkin (Home Alone 1 & 2, My Girl, Uncle Buck, Jacobs Ladder)

Anna Clumsky (My Girl 1 & 2, Law & Order & Cupid)

Lindsay Crouse (All the Presidents Men, Hill Street Blues, Buffy, LA Dragnet & LA Law)

K Todd Freeman (The Dark Knight, The Cider House Rules & Buffy)

Dolph Lundgreon (Rocky 4, Universal Soldier, Master of the Universe & The Expendables)

all surviving apollo era astronauts, im new to cons Id love to meet them all before its to late, please prioritise these guests

MR T would be great

Sharpe reunion

jane seymore

izabella scorupco

leonard nimoy

michael caine

real band of brothers

New Tricks cast please.

Amanda Redman, Dennis Waterman, James Bolam and Alun Armstrong

agreed, I love this show, this would be great

Phil May and Dick Taylor of The Pretty Things.

Sir George Martin

Phil May's a fascinating character, and Dick Taylor is an absolute gent (and also of course the man who played bass in the Rolling Stones before Bill Wyman)

George Martin would no doubt have the Beatles faithful flooding in if he could be obtained.

On a different tack, how about Charles Durning? A fabulous actor - as well as notable parts in The Sting and Dog Day Afternoon, he's more recently worked alongside immensely popular such as Burt Reynolds (Evening Shade), George Clooney (O Brother, Where Art Thou?) and his portrayal of Corporal Ernie Yost in the NCIS episode "Call Of Silence" was masterful. His acting work also includes a host of other productions which I think would be of interest. He also ticks some other boxes, being a supporter of veterans and having himself served in WWII, being on Omaha Beach on D-Day and in the Battle Of The Bulge.

So, how about the likes of;

Phil May and Dick Taylor of The Pretty Things.

the easiest way to meet these legendary, historic musicians is to attend a Pretty Things gig.

They are always very approachable, and willing to pose for photos/sign albums etc.

Great guys...... they're playing The legendary 100 club, London, next friday (17th Dec)

- hope to see you there.

Aside from all the M-G-A astronaut guys & flight directors,etc I would love the following actors:

Dick Van Dyke

Ernest Borgnine (missed him last time & he would be a very popular repeat guest.)

George Kennedy (another guest who I sadly missed.)

Go for it,SM! :wub:

• 2 weeks later...