Sunday party

Treelow

I feel very let down by Massive Events. A party is not a party without music!!

Sunday night at Hub 4 was fab - small but perfect.

What happended on Sunday??

We were in the same area which works fine but left without any music.

How about a few words of explanation please?

Its a real pity that many went to bed on Sunday night with a feeling of being let down after such a fun weekend.

I was rather annoyed at the start of the night about the lack of party, and the barman was not impressed either, as he had been asked to open the bar for us and just assumed that there would be some form of entertainment for us all.

After a while, we found our own entertainment, which has made its way onto my Facebook under the album title called 'Why fangirls should not be left alone with action figures' which says all it needs to say really.

Despite the party starting off in a rather lame fashion, it definitely got better once more alcohol had been consumed...

• Moderators

My friend and I did do our best to provide music, although we were limited by the maximum volume her laptop could produce. (It was loud enough to hear in the small area we were dancing in.)

My friend and I did do our best to provide music, although we were limited by the maximum volume her laptop could produce. (It was loud enough to hear in the small area we were dancing in.)

Thank you, thank you, thank you... thank you for adding some atmosphere...

Yes, Sunday was disappointing, we turned up some of us in costume and the tables were decorated but where was the party?. Surely if there was not going to be a dj could we have been told then we could have arranged to bring music ourselves beforehand . It took a while to organise but eventually people bought down their laptops (thanks guys) and we amused ourselves with games luckily there were enough of us who stayed the headcount was 60 & 30+ more who moved to the bar. The Park Staff tried to help by bringing a projector out to watch dvd's but it didnt work unfortunately, great of them for trying though. At least we all stayed though and made the most of it.

Its just a shame that after the amazing party at Hub 4 on Sunday this was a bit of a letdown after an otherwise brilliant time and i hope this doesnt deter people from staying on Sunday in future as it is normally a good night.

Edited by buffy2k

I was disappointed to walk in on Sunday to this as I had spent 3 hours after the closing ceremony with not a lot to do. It was good to talk with people I had become friends with, but as it had already been said before, some warning that nothing had been planned would have been useful. I would have happily bought my big speakers that could have filled the room and plugged in an MP3 player as other people had music that we would have all listened to.

I believe the photographer even walked in expecting a party, looked round and realised it wasn't as planned so walked out again. We had an idea, don't know how it would be implemented, but how about at the next hub the attendees planning the party within Showmasters limitations, as a thank you to the guests that are still there and crew for all their hard work in making the rest of the weekend so brilliant?

It wasn't what I was expecting, but I enjoyed it - I didn't get the chance to dance (much - the Timewarp can be done sat down), but at least I could hear what people were saying.

Also, thanks to whoever drafted me into the Consequences game, as that was so much fun - I'm really not good at talking to people I don't know, so I probably wouldn't have had the courage to join in otherwise.

Yes, I'm that shy.

I was the guy in the Richard Whitely t-shirt that was older than Alex.

We wandered down to the bar for about 5 mins just to check out what was happening, and found it strange we couldn't hear any music, this was at about 9.30pm. We didn't stay (we wouldn't have done anyway even if there was a party on, we were shattered from Saturday), but it does seem a shame that one didn't happen.

xxx

I was staying in another hotel and came back to the park in especially for the party because my little one was looking forward to dancing again. We were both very disappointed that there was no party - decorated tables does not a party make. On the con website it does say sunday night chill out party and we were asked to raise hands if we were staying for the party to it was not unreasonable to expect a party to actually happen. I found it very telling that there were no crew left around on Sunday night and therefore no one to complain to! I'e enjoyed the sunday party at all 4 previous hubs and find that not putting on a party on the sunday with no explanation to be entirely unacceptable.

Well done to those who attempted to remedy the situation, you looked like you were all having a great time!

It wasn't what I was expecting, but I enjoyed it - I didn't get the chance to dance (much - the Timewarp can be done sat down), but at least I could hear what people were saying.

Also, thanks to whoever drafted me into the Consequences game, as that was so much fun - I'm really not good at talking to people I don't know, so I probably wouldn't have had the courage to join in otherwise.

Yes, I'm that shy.

Yay! You were amazing, I'm glad you joined us :P And your t-shirt was awesome. I was the one with the second Ianto the Dragon sat to your right :clap:

It was the first time I decided to stay on the Sunday (although I did at Bitten), and I was a little bit disappointed at first, but once I got chatting with people, having a laugh and staying up till 5am breaking people it was all good.

Bloody epic night in the end! I was sooooo tired by the time I actually went to bed on monday night. Ended up lasting almost 15hours on the 2 1/2 hours I got that morning! =D

It was the first time I decided to stay on the Sunday (although I did at Bitten), and I was a little bit disappointed at first, but once I got chatting with people, having a laugh and staying up till 5am breaking people it was all good.

Bloody epic night in the end! I was sooooo tired by the time I actually went to bed on monday night. Ended up lasting almost 15hours on the 2 1/2 hours I got that morning! =D

It was absolutely hysterical in the end wasn't it?

Whoa 5am that is so late

I was surprised to come down to no music playing especially after hub4 sunday night party and was also disappointed especially after paying the extra money to stay a extra night.

I had a great time in the end as I got chatting to people and had a good laugh though I was a lightweight compared to other people I think I went back to my room at 11pm as I was so tired :P

Yes, I'm that shy.

Haaa! I was telling my mum about your ancient t-shirt the other day.

And I kept all the consequences with my name on them.... I'm gonna handwriting recognition them all and name and shame you!!! *coughKaceycough* Well not really, but those consequences were HILARIOUS!!

I'm gonna handwriting recognition them all and name and shame you!!!

Considering I was writing in purple for some of them, getting mine won't be that difficult!

Based on that, you dressed the King of Norway in a sack....