Show Opinions

Avengers7

SHUT THE F UP, NO WAY, who with, where do they find this money from? lol my word. lucky ppl. 6k, your pulling my leg? if I was jason Id say to these ppl whihc guest do yo want, go get em them say ok, dinner and drinks 10k, and fund the next couple of guests lol. oh my, 6K?

No, he's totally serious.

Michael Shanks, Chris Judge, Carmen Argenziano, Gary Jones.

The reason why the bid went so high was very likely the lovely Mr. Shanks. :D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His band is not really my type of music but enjoyed a bit of moshing none-the-less! :D

Just a small point, but this really really gets to me. I don't believe that you mean moshing, you mean head-banging. The two are very very different, and I really, really get annoyed when they get mixed up.

Moshing is only really found at punk or hardcore gigs nowadays. It involves pits forming in which the crowd stage-dive, crowd-surf, windmill their arms, kick, punch and generally act in a violent manner in time to the music. Examples include infamous pits by Sick Of It All fans, who are also encouraged by the band to form the 'Wall of Death', where the crowd is split into two halves, and then they run at each other. Mayhem ensues.

Head-banging is the rapid movement of the head backwards and forwards in time to the music, there are also spiral headbanging where the head moves in a circular fashion, and the 90s Nu-Metal headbang (of which Gareth is particularly fond) where you bend from the waist.

I don't head-bang anymore, too much in my youth has given me headbangers neck, and it really, really hurts when I do it! I REFUSE to have ANYTHING to do with moshing, it's dangerous, and causes extreme accidents. I have no desire to cause someone pain that they don't want!

Sorry for the ramble, but it really, really annoys me.

His band is not really my type of music but enjoyed a bit of moshing none-the-less! ;)

Just a small point, but this really really gets to me. I don't believe that you mean moshing, you mean head-banging. The two are very very different, and I really, really get annoyed when they get mixed up.

Moshing is only really found at punk or hardcore gigs nowadays. It involves pits forming in which the crowd stage-dive, crowd-surf, windmill their arms, kick, punch and generally act in a violent manner in time to the music. Examples include infamous pits by Sick Of It All fans, who are also encouraged by the band to form the 'Wall of Death', where the crowd is split into two halves, and then they run at each other. Mayhem ensues.

Head-banging is the rapid movement of the head backwards and forwards in time to the music, there are also spiral headbanging where the head moves in a circular fashion, and the 90s Nu-Metal headbang (of which Gareth is particularly fond) where you bend from the waist.

I don't head-bang anymore, too much in my youth has given me headbangers neck, and it really, really hurts when I do it! I REFUSE to have ANYTHING to do with moshing, it's dangerous, and causes extreme accidents. I have no desire to cause someone pain that they don't want!

Erm....ok. Was just using the terminology that had been used all weekend - really not into that kind of gig usually so wouldn't know the difference. I consider myself informed. :D

It was another brilliant weekend, it seemed a lot more relaxed this time around, and not having specific groups for auto queues meant we didn't have to constantly keep checking if our number had been called. All of the guests were lovely, especially Caroline, and I think the episode screening worked really well. It's a brilliant idea and I hope they do it next time as well. My only gripe occurred this morning with the hotel itself (though not SM/ME fault at all) when I was checking out, but I won't go into that now, as I can't wait for the next one. Regarding Blue Gillespie, they are totally not my cup of tea at all, but we stayed for most of their set.

Roll on Hub 6! I can't believe it's the 6th one already, how time has flown.

xxx

• Moderators

Aww man I'd have loved to have seen that commentary. I was slightly passed out upstairs though haha...

Caroline spent most of it sinking further and further into her chair either squealing about how little she was wearing or giggling.

hi

just want to say how much i enjoyed the weekend, brilliant guests, loved the talks, kai and gareth brilliant double act.

Thanks so much and love the band Blue Gillespie it was brilliant this is my type of music.

looking forward to the next one

The only letdown of the weekend was the Sunday party... or surprising lack of it. O.o

I was one of the people who was dancing to the music from the laptop (the one who was dressed all in brown and had horns, wings and a tail, lol), and that was fun. I was less disappointed at the end of the night and just really confused (still am). Do any of the crew know what happened that night?

Other than that, I thought it was a good con, despite the lower number of attendees... and the rain. xD The doing away with the groups was probably a sensible idea given that there was a smaller number of people too. The only time the queue got 'ridiculous' was a double length queue for one autograph and even that went by fast.

I did enjoy the talks and the screening. Funny as always.

Did anyone manage to retrieve that Toffee Crisp in the end? xD

SHUT THE F UP, NO WAY, who with, where do they find this money from? lol my word. lucky ppl. 6k, your pulling my leg? if I was jason Id say to these ppl whihc guest do yo want, go get em them say ok, dinner and drinks 10k, and fund the next couple of guests lol. oh my, 6K?

No, he's totally serious.

Michael Shanks, Chris Judge, Carmen Argenziano, Gary Jones.

The reason why the bid went so high was very likely the lovely Mr. Shanks. :dance:

Ah QS, if I had the money, it could be you and me at Chevron :YAHOO:

Erm....ok. Was just using the terminology that had been used all weekend - really not into that kind of gig usually so wouldn't know the difference. I consider myself informed. :dance:

Wow indeed. I am rarely moved to post, but this sort of pointless rant completely out of context is completely unnecessary. You were absolutely right to use the term 'moshing', as that is the generic term for all dancing at rock gigs, and everybody knows exactly what you meant. As a teenager of the eighties I could cheerfully blather on about the roots of moshing at Suicidal Tencies, DRI and Black Flag gigs, and how the style and term was first appropriated by Anthrax and crossed over into metal terminology, but that would make me a pedant and a bore, so I won't.

For the record, the band weren't my cup of tea either (too slow!), but it was ace to see you lot having a great time! :chair::YAHOO:

Keep him under control Rhi! :chair:

I KNOW! RIGHT? :poki:

Damn newbie hubby person coming in and having a rant lol

Anyone would think he was a complete metal-head/mosher/punky kid/glam rock fan - do I really have to list all the genres he is into?

Actually, you should feel sorry for me for all the crazy quantities of music mags round the house! WHY is that man not a music journalist!!!!!

• Showmasters Admin

but that would make me a pedant and a bore, so I won't.

NO! Really? :poki: Oh dear, sorry, couldnt resist :chair:

ps I think I need to edit your signature mister! :poki:

(ps, I am allowed to be mean to this person, will have been married to him for 18 years this halloween)

*Must control the overwhelming urge to go to the admin panel and change "hanoigrillo" to someones new nick name from the weekend* :lol:

Wow indeed. I am rarely moved to post, but this sort of pointless rant completely out of context is completely unnecessary. You were absolutely right to use the term 'moshing', as that is the generic term for all dancing at rock gigs, and everybody knows exactly what you meant. As a teenager of the eighties I could cheerfully blather on about the roots of moshing at Suicidal Tencies, DRI and Black Flag gigs, and how the style and term was first appropriated by Anthrax and crossed over into metal terminology, but that would make me a pedant and a bore, so I won't.

For the record, the band weren't my cup of tea either (too slow!), but it was ace to see you lot having a great time! :poki::chair:

AWESOME! Well said. I too have enjoyed a good mosh, headbang, circle pit, wall of death, stage dive, crowd surf and I don't mind what people call it/them.

lol tis true

But, as much as I love the Lost Prophets (well, they are local boys after all), I always used to laugh at Ian trying to organise twin circle pits resulting in a figure of 8, it used to make one song last about 10 mins by the time he had organised it :poki:

But it was weird at Reading not seeing our friends up on stage with the band for "Burn Burn" joining in :poki: I miss that :chair:

oh damn! Need to go to another gig :lol:

*Edit to say - the only people not allowed at gigs are those that stand there looking cool and just gently nodding their head and slagging off the band - not cool!

Edited by Rhianydd