Show Opinions

Avengers7

Excellent Hub as always. Guests were super especially Murray and Camilla.

Talks brilliant, excellent idea to have photoshoots with all the guests for a change.

Especially had a laugh in the joint shoot with Gareth and Caroline.

My biggest grumble and I'll try a new thread for this was the disgusting attitude of the staff especially in the restaurant. Very bad manners!

All in all thought a great event, role on Hub 6.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant, my first hub, definitely not my last, guests were great, talks were filthy yet informative, Kai is just a legend, amazing to think only a few years back I didn't like him or Rhys lol, now I love them both, glad all guests did shoots, it should always be that way especially with no table pics allowed, Caroline is devastatingly beautiful! And her laugh and giggle was beautiful and mesmerising! Crew were great. Really enjoyed it. Thanks ME/SM

I am worried about the dates for next year though may and nov, both months already choka, both con wise and work wise, something will have to be sacrificed I fear

P.s NAOKO FOR HUB6 please

Great weekend! Loved all the guests - Murray was fab, brilliantly funny. "oh don't encourage them!" haha!

A couple of things - on the whole not having groups worked ok but i did find it quite difficult to get everywhere. Maybe it would have been better if there was some indication on the schedule that golds would go through the photoshoots first, this would have meant the silvers didn't feel the need to queue quite so early for no reason, when we could have been getting a couple more autographs. On the whole, i thnk i prefer it being split into groups even for alot fewer people - maybe i just can't organise myself very well!

The other minor issue was the chairs on the stage - they seemed very low and as such it was a real struggle to see some of the guests- and i'm not exactly short! Maybe they could find some higher chairs for future talks?!

Some of the Things that i loved about this weekend were the joint/group photo shoots, the screening - the sound seemed much better this time round - and of course all the guests and there stories and performances over the weekend.

A massive thanks to the apprentice photographer (Keiron?) for capturing the moment when Kai kissed the badge on my Man Utd shirt! Brilliant

Edited by scoop1107

I had a great time, I've just got home a bit ago and it was a fantastic weekend as always so a big thank you to all involved, I got to know lots more people and the event itself was of course brilliant. The talks were hilarious, loved them but I've got to admit, I was slightly embarassed about Kai making me stand up and go over to him then to tell me to sit down lol, especially as I was the first one of the weekend haha, he's a legend, praying for a mircale that he can make Hub 6. I'm really pleased with all of my photoshoots too (big thanks to Malcom and the new photographer) plus I enjoyed the Saturday night party, it's the first time I've ever actually been on the dancefloor for most of the night haha. The Blue Gillespie gig was awesome, it's not really my type of music but I had fun and it was definitely good to experience something different. I'm all booked up for The Hub 6 already (this was my first time booking at the actual event), I've got my hotel room reserved and I'm Silver number 7. Why can't May come any quicker? haha :D

Edited by Doctor Who

absolutely loved it. Great thing to do the weekend before lectures start and hard work begins. Shame about Indira but that didn't stop this Hub a rockin! Managed to get the intimate encounters with both Simon and Murray. Simon hadn't seen Children of Earth SHOCK HORROR and Murray had a lot of stories to tell and he does have a perhaps surprising sense of humour. Gareth back again and was gr8 as per usual as well as Kai, and i felt the guests were with us more than Hub 3 (i wasn't at Hub 4 cos of Uni) as in at the parties. They didn't mind talking to us, Kai was buying everyone drinks. I was just immensly happy ive gotten over the shaky fangirl stage, where i couldn't talk to the guests without sqeeing or getting a bit jumpy.Managed to talk to them much more. Blue Gillespie, no i wouldn't listen on my MP3, not my kind of music, but LIVE.... OH FRICKIN YER!!!!!! i was right at the front too, it just felt amazing to be so close to the lead singer who was also the funniest Torchwood character. Was fun going into the freak show with Kai,,,haha he did not like it at all. Great fun though. The commentary of the cyberwoman episode was just hilarious with Gareth and Caroline (Caroline hadn't seen it) SHOCK HORROR again. Thanks to Showmasters and Massive events for a great show. And thanks to the Photographers, got some amazing pictures which i will treasure for life.

A massive thanks to the apprentice photographer (Keiron?) for capturing the moment when Kai kissed the badge on my Man Utd shirt! Brilliant

No worries! Glad you like it! I've been taught to look out for any classic moments that I could capture.

And well done for getting my name right. It's spelt the Irish way, though (Ciaran). :poki:

I'm really pleased with all of my photoshoots too (big thanks to Malcom and the new photographer)

I'm very pleased to hear that.

And thanks to the Photographers, got some amazing pictures which i will treasure for life.

It's great to know that your photos are appreciated.

No worries! Glad you like it! I've been taught to look out for any classic moments that I could capture.

And well done for getting my name right. It's spelt the Irish way, though (Ciaran). :poki:

Ah, I'll have to remember that in future!

Just wanted to add that this was the best I've seen Gareth looking at a convention - he looked really happy and well, and his Q&A's were the best I've seen him do. His band is not really my type of music but enjoyed a bit of moshing none-the-less! :(

Forgot to thank the crew on my previous post - you were all really helpful and friendly over the weekend and the Freak Show was amazing! :poki:

Now, to start saving for Hub 6!

I enjoyed it, no big complaints (except that you didn't give me Simon Poland to take home and keep!) but the party last night - a lot of us stayed solely for that reason and a few balloons are NOT a party. If I'd known it would be that, I would have saved the money for the extra night and gone home.

had a great weekend it's the first time i've gone silver and it was well worth it the photos were really good. The panels were brilliant and as funny as usual.

The only downside was the party last night there was no music just a few tables set up it was very very disappointing. It did give me the chance to chat to people though but if I'd known there wasn't going to be anything on I wouldn't of stayed an extra night.

I've already got my ticket for the next one and this time I'm going gold I hope May comes quickly

Edited by mercy1

Just like to say I totally loved it the whole weekend. The guests were amazing and very friendly, was a joy to meet them all. Kai was on top form yet again, my friend who I took is now taken with him expecially as he loved her name, which really is Santa...

Loved the Blue Gillespie gig. I am a fan so was really happy to get to see them play again, but it is hard to head bang in a corset...must practice lol...Was also great to get to talk to them too and Justine was a gem.

First time I really dressed up for the party (sat) and I would just like to say thanks you to everyone who gave me lovely comments....really means a lot...and to the guy who was in the lift with me, the bear & bearded lady...that moment will stay with me forever...classic giggles and Gareth's face when the lift doors opened and saw us....well I so wish i had a camera to catch his reaction....LOL

The screening was hilarious...Caroline's reaction had me in stiches, bless her....& yes she looked stunning as the Cyber Bitch as Gareth called her lol

I'm over the moon with all my photoshoot picture, thanks for a great job there guys...you never let me down

As for the crew...love you guys...you are always so helpfull and funny, it's great to see you again..you really do help make things run smoothly.

I hope to go the the next one in May and hope to get my ticked soon

This was my first Hub and I absolutely loved it. The only problem I had was that I'm not particularly outgoing, so I found it difficult to talk to some people, but I got over it nearer the end. Although people said Sunday night was rubbish, I actually found it was the best! Because it was fairly quiet, it gave us a chance to speak to other people and have a laugh. Action figure's were brought out, there were dragons and quite a few games of 'Consequences.' Loved it all, thankyou so much! I thought the crew were amazing and helpful. Would definitely go again if I can.

It was fairly fun although past one have been better.

I think I've specified before that the reason I go to the Hub is for the parties so when there was no party on Sunday I was more than a little annoyed, especially as we booked an extra night in the hotel purely for it. Although we did have some very interesting games of consequences with varying levels of creepy outcomes.

That combined with missing a lot of Saturday party due to spending 40 minutes trapped in a very small lift with four other people, then we had to go get sorted cause the outcome wasn't nice. Then we went round the freak show and then I spent another 40 odd minutes sat on the floor outside waiting for the band to stop playing.

And I was really ill all weekend. So on Sunday I had to go just at the start of the second talk and didn't wake up until 7.30

Aside from that though, I had a fun time seeing everyone again.

I enjoyed it, no big complaints (except that you didn't give me Simon Poland to take home and keep!) but the party last night - a lot of us stayed solely for that reason and a few balloons are NOT a party. If I'd known it would be that, I would have saved the money for the extra night and gone home.

All of this. Including Simon Poland :YAHOO:

Edited by Never

Epic weekend! Despite there not being quite so many people attending I had an amazing time, and met so many people.

Sunday night started out as a bit of a let down, but once we got the action figures out things took an interesting turn. (I'm sorting out the pics I took, will post them soon =D)

Am so gutted I can't make the next one, but who knows? I may find the cash.

...and to the guy who was in the lift with me, the bear & bearded lady...that moment will stay with me forever...classic giggles and Gareth's face when the lift doors opened and saw us....well I so wish i had a camera to catch his reaction....LOL

Yes that guy was me.. I have never laughed so much in all my life.... still laughing now.

Really made my weekend. Gareths face was brilliant when the lift doors opened.

This was my first Hub and I absolutely loved it. The only problem I had was that I'm not particularly outgoing, so I found it difficult to talk to some people, but I got over it nearer the end. Although people said Sunday night was rubbish, I actually found it was the best! Because it was fairly quiet, it gave us a chance to speak to other people and have a laugh. Action figure's were brought out, there were dragons and quite a few games of 'Consequences.' Loved it all, thankyou so much! I thought the crew were amazing and helpful. Would definitely go again if I can.

im also quite shy and laid back so dont do much talking to ppl, even those I may know from the convention world. (sorry if I come across as rude, Im not, and dont mean to be, im just shy) I didnt go to any of the paties,3 reasons for this, the first weekend con I did, I went to the fri night thing and didnt enjoy myself at all, everyone was in groups of friends or couples and I felt so out of place and sat there like an idiot bored and on my jays, second cos I cant dance lol, and 3rd cos I have a friend in northampton who I hadnt seen for some years so on the sat night I was out drinking with him till 3am. sunday night I was already home. though if my friend hadnt been in northampton I may of gone briefly sat night, i did want to see the stars again and garaths band.

I will say one thing on a different note though, I dont think children should be allowed at all, there were a couple of very young kids and they should not of been allowed to the talks I feel, this was my first hub but I knew how filthy it could get which I loved lol I love filth and jokes and swearing lol, but for kids, no, hub should be adults only, or at least no one under 16 perhaps? dont know the cut off but children, no, not IMO, and I now fully understand why hub could not merge with a new who con. it would ruin the hub, I loved the hub, loved all the talks. but young children should not of been allowed I feel.

on another note, lol, there were some really good amy cos players there, good job, you looked great. and deff some gorgeous ladies at the hub.

thanks again to all involved, as Ive said earlier in this thread, i had a good time, thanks to all involved.

so come on guys, who went to the parties, spill the dirt lol

oh, p.s, the 3 grand breakfast and the would of gone that way lunch, bidding was outrageous lol, how do ppl have that much money to throw at a breakfast and so willy nilly lol, even jason looked shocked, 3000 pounds!! they wernt even putting there hand down at one point just leaving it up till someone dropped out, if the second one hadnt come to a compromise Im sure it would of gone over 3k. crazy. I guess if you can afford it go for it but otherwise that was madness, jason looked shocked and worried when the lunch with kai came up and it seemed that would go even further lol 3 grand, wish I had that lying around. does it always get that heated and expensive? then again, jason, do a auction involving naoko and I will be taking out a loan prior ;-)

Edited by timelord81r

...and to the guy who was in the lift with me, the bear & bearded lady...that moment will stay with me forever...classic giggles and Gareth's face when the lift doors opened and saw us....well I so wish i had a camera to catch his reaction....LOL

Yes that guy was me.. I have never laughed so much in all my life.... still laughing now.

Really made my weekend. Gareths face was brilliant when the lift doors opened.

everytime i think of it i start laughing...I can see the guys at work thinking i've lost the plot when i go back & start laughing to myself when i think of it...what a great memory, it will stay with me forever, made my weekend too. My mate lasted 6 hours in that suit....i coudn't do it, bless her

Great to bump into you again & hope to see you at another con soon xx

PS nice to have a name for you even if only your user name...you are no longer the guy in the lift lol I'm Sarah Hyam and some pics are up of facebook but i have them for friends only but your more than welcome to friend me

Edited by Blu04

oh, p.s, the 3 grand breakfast and the would of gone that way lunch, bidding was outrageous lol, how do ppl have that much money to throw at a breakfast and so willy nilly lol, even jason looked shocked, 3000 pounds!! they wernt even putting there hand down at one point just leaving it up till someone dropped out, if the second one hadnt come to a compromise Im sure it would of gone over 3k. crazy. I guess if you can afford it go for it but otherwise that was madness, jason looked shocked and worried when the lunch with kai came up and it seemed that would go even further lol 3 grand, wish I had that lying around. does it always get that heated and expensive? then again, jason, do a auction involving naoko and I will be taking out a loan prior ;-)
Cheap meal, if I recall the Chevron 7.1 meal went for around £6k :D

Cheap meal, if I recall the Chevron 7.1 meal went for around £6k :D

SHUT THE F UP, NO WAY, who with, where do they find this money from? lol my word. lucky ppl. 6k, your pulling my leg? if I was jason Id say to these ppl whihc guest do yo want, go get em them say ok, dinner and drinks 10k, and fund the next couple of guests lol. oh my, 6K?

on another note, lol, there were some really good amy cos players there, good job, you looked great.

Thank you! ;) lol

you're very welcome ;)