Teeny Tiny complaint/whinge/suggestion.....

I don't really like to complain as I do enjoy the events.......but so far

there are:

20 Star Wars Guests,

7 Ashes to Ashes Guests,

4 Harry Potter Guests,

30 Sports Guests,

and admittedly some great standalone guests (Micheal Biehn, Carl Weathers, Tom Wopat etc),

how about a bit more variety/diversity etc........

just saying.......

• Showmasters Admin

1: The Sports guests are brought to the show by a different company and so the number of sports guests will never effect the number of other guests at the show.

2: Jason is the biggest Star Wars fan you are likely to ever met. At a big SM show is always likely to have lots of SW guests.

3: It's far from over yet :(

Edited by Too Tall

3: It's far from over yet ;)

It seemed a bit cramped last year! Have we more space this year?

With the SW for me there's a fine line between not enough to be worthwhile, and too many to be scary. Fortunately as I have some of them already I'm ok with a few more ;)

Not many Who wise yet.

my only concern for this show would be the space, last year it was good, just about right, worked well over 2 levels however if you wanted to sit and eat best go outside lol, but with the new name, new activities, the promise of bigger stars and the fact im sure it will be bigger atendee wise from last year, will the same space be enough? thats my only concern.

guest wise its looking great even for a non autograph collector like myself! cant wait!!!!! its gonna be a great show

I really am gonna have to watch Star Wars at some point, am I not?

im a fan of SW AND ST, but I will never understand anyone who wants to watch st voyager before the star wars films, espcially the originals. thats madness lol :o;);) lol ;-)

1: The Sports guests are brought to the show by a different company and so the number of sports guests will never effect the number of other guests at the show.

2: Jason is the biggest Star Wars fan you are likely to ever met. At a big SM show is always likely to have lots of SW guests.

3: It's far from over yet ;)

1: Did not know that. Was not at the show last year but some of the other forum memebers have mentioned potential space issues as well...... would more sporty guests = less room for tv/movie/entertainment media guests??

2: I realise that Jason and the organisers are huge fans themselves, I guess it just seems a little off balance compared to recent shows (I could be wrong though)

3: I have faith you guys will be announcing some fantastic guests over the next 2 months, I just feel there are enough Star Wars/Harry Potter/Ashes to Ashes guests to keep their fans happy (not that I would compalin if Keely Hawes or Mark Hamill were announced ;) ).

My friend and I went to Collectormania last year for the first time as there were 3 people we wanted to meet. And we've both put aside funds and time off work etc for this year in case someone comes up we want to meet. So far it's not happened. Unless there is a big guest from a show I like (which I know probably wouldn't interest someone else), then there's no way I'd use a days holiday for the list as it stands. I know Star Wars has a massive fanbase, but I actually can't stand it. My friend is a SW fan, but not even she is that bothered about meeting the people in it.

I will continue to keep an eye out, and hope they get some guests from the shows I am interested in.

Edited by bezzie

It's just a matter of taste. While I'm always happy to see SW guests, I don't care about Harry Potter. My girlfriend thinks I'm nuts as for her it's the other way around. I'm just gutted I can't go as the gf is due to give birth to our second child on the 29th and I just can't run the risk of being in London if she goes ito labour slightly early. Still, will have something much better - and way more expensive in the long run - than a couple of autographs haha!

I think it's great to see some of the sports guest too. Again, it's a matter of taste. A lifelong Gooner would love to meet the old players yet may not care about anything else there. Theres just one sports guest there who I have met a couple of times before who I have been found to be downright rude - and seen doing some things that they really shouldn't - but they are popular with a lot of people. I'll leave it at that though, I'm not naming names.

My understanding is we will have more space this year. Maybe as much as 70% more.

Trying work where that'll come from!:thumbup: There was another floor though i think so the space might be from that.

Not the bigest of SW fans watched the original 3 and bits of 2 the other 3 but not really bothered and probably not missing much with the later :whistling:

I suppose as long as theres enough guests for you to warrent the expense of coming to the event then thats the important thing despite the numbers you mention

• Moderators

It certainly isn't the first time we've had numerous Star Wars guests at one event. Everyone knows Jason's involvement with the series, and so it's never a surprise that we get a regular influx of them .. and sometimes that's without having a reason for a reunion!

I don't think it has ever impacted the main lineup though. These smaller rarer guests have never been the 'priority' in a lineup or pushed to the forefront, and so I don't think they're ever anything to worry about. Showmasters will always build a solid varied lineup on top of the multiple SW ones.

I don't really like to complain as I do enjoy the events.......but so far

there are:

20 Star Wars Guests,

7 Ashes to Ashes Guests,

4 Harry Potter Guests,

30 Sports Guests,

and admittedly some great standalone guests (Micheal Biehn, Carl Weathers, Tom Wopat etc),

how about a bit more variety/diversity etc........

just saying.......

Totally agree, I know its ESB anniversary and all but, surley there are some other guests out there that are more current, I was expecting at least one vampire related guest as thats all the rage at the moment, everywhere you go there is something vampire related.

Is there such a thing as too many star wars guests? I don't think so.

yes

• Moderators

Totally agree, I know its ESB anniversary and all but, surley there are some other guests out there that are more current, I was expecting at least one vampire related guest as thats all the rage at the moment, everywhere you go there is something vampire related.

And you get people all the time saying we get too many of them .. so really the organiser can't win!

And you get people all the time saying we get too many of them .. so really the organiser can't win!

Damned if they do, damned if they don't

when you look at all the individual Stand alone guests mentioned in this thread, they are very diverse and cover so many different interests. Jason always says that the Star Wars guests will not take away from the other guests he will bring to the show

(Although, I am biased towards Star Wars anyway - the more the merrier!) :(

I think if you're not a star wars fan then you should look at what most of the guests announced as SW guests have also been in - you'll find they have been in many more series/films ie dr who etc.

You will never please anyone but one thing I would never do is say there are too much of a certain genre - as even though I may not be happy with any guests announced then others will.

(Just to confirm though I am ecstatic with the guest list announced so far!!)

• Showmasters Admin

I think if you're not a star wars fan then you should look at what most of the guests announced as SW guests have also been in - you'll find they have been in many more series/films ie dr who etc.

Agreed. My wife and I don't collect SW autographs but when she found out Denis Lawson was coming she was over the moon to get another Hornblower auto.

(Although, I am biased towards Star Wars anyway - the more the merrier!) :(

Jason did also say this would be the last year for big Star Wars reunions. It would be hard to top really, on the whole I think I'll scale back next year. I'd never done MK before (and it was easier to get to than I thought) but it would take someone major to get me up there again. Denis would have qualified :D