Free Group Photo Shoot if staying at The Park Inn

Massive Events

As answered earlier in the topic, there hasn't been such a discount before.

Sorry, I've just seen the previous posts now, should have checked them. Ah, I'll have to think about it, not really got much extra cash to spend this time though with train tickets and everything going up in price. Fingers crossed I can get one, would be nice if there was some sort of discount for people staying only one night but I suppose there's nothing we can do, doubt it'll happen at this one then. The title of the thread is a bit misleading at first though. :D

Edited by Doctor Who

hi so glad i saw post cant get photo only staying saturday rang park yeah they had cancellation i staying i can bring more clothes was going to pack really light just curious is the travelodge near, nice i had arranged to go there

But park is slightly dearer but worth it for convience and last time i stayed it was cool seeing gareth going for breakfast hung over lol

I think that's a little harsh, suggesting we're punishing someone for being deaf.

OK, maybe I was a little harsh, but I do get a bit fed up of missing out on things (like a room at the Park) because I can't hear - the ME staff (you included TooTall - you've been very helpful in the past) deal great with issues that happen *during* the con but they can't necessarily deal easily with a not-particularly-deaf friendly hotel (it's not only the Park, the Hilton was the same) before hand. I rely on email and websites to do most of my communicating and shopping outside of being face to face with a person as although I can use the phone it is ridiculously stressful for me. Having a hotel that repeatedly assures me via the website that there are no rooms left when other people can ring up and book them does strike me discriminatory, even if it is not intended to be so.

May I ask what the problem is with asking a friend or family member to ring for you?

I live alone and don't really want to trust anyone with credit card details. I also work shifts and when I'm able to ring, most people are in bed!

As far as I'm aware there are still rooms available at the Park Inn and I believe your Ibis booking is able to be cancelled?

Unfortunately I'm unable to cancel the Ibis booking - I went for the cheap rate which has a no-cancellation clause. My choice, as I thought there weren't any rooms at the Park when I booked.

In all fairness this did catch me on the hop and my words were not particularly thoughtfully chosen.

• Showmasters Admin

In all fairness this did catch me on the hop and my words were not particularly thoughtfully chosen.

Fair enough and I understand that it can be annoying, it's on a different level but I get problems due to my height and that's not considered a disablitly so I get no help or consideration at all.