Friday

hydrojen90

Being a standard ticket holder I wont miss much then if I don't turn up until the Saturday?

Also while I'm here, does anybody know the status of if there are hotels left at The Park Inn. Went to book one at the Travelodge but they have gone up in price so they are only £15 cheaper, have no parking and doesn't include breakfast or any other thrills so thinking of booking one 'lastminute.com' style at The Park Inn.

• Showmasters Admin

Being a standard ticket holder I wont miss much then if I don't turn up until the Saturday?

Also while I'm here, does anybody know the status of if there are hotels left at The Park Inn. Went to book one at the Travelodge but they have gone up in price so they are only £15 cheaper, have no parking and doesn't include breakfast or any other thrills so thinking of booking one 'lastminute.com' style at The Park Inn.

Hi ya,

Yes, the Park Inn does still have a few rooms left! And their breakfast is awesome! :YAHOO:

Mark :D

• Showmasters Admin

You'll miss about 5-10 minutes of the guests on stage. And also the Friday night party. So I guess it depends if you're a party goer or not?

As Mark said their are still rooms at the Park Inn, please do ring and let them know you're booking for the event.

You'll miss about 5-10 minutes of the guests on stage. And also the Friday night party. So I guess it depends if you're a party goer or not?

As Mark said their are still rooms at the Park Inn, please do ring and let them know you're booking for the event.

I enjoy parties, but it's about a 40 minute drive and wouldn't want to book the hotel for both nights, so think I will miss the Friday party and then that way I can enjoy the Saturday more by arriving earlier and having more energy for that nights party :)

Will give them a ring, saw that they had none on the website, thought they had some specifically for the event, but at work so not ideal to ring at the minute, thanks for letting me know :)

Hi, I didn't really know where to write it and I don't like making new threads so are parties at the same time every night?

Particularly Sunday? As I don't want to miss anything but I still need to book my train home, I won't be able to go to the party, but the rest of the Eve?

Thanks

Themed parties for Hub 5 are Friday and Saturday.

I assume some people will still be around Sunday for a more or less informal "dead dog party", but nothing official planned there. The event closes around 6.30 PM Sunday, how late exactly depends on how much the last guest talk overruns. :D

Edited by DavidB

Hi, I didn't really know where to write it and I don't like making new threads so are parties at the same time every night?

Particularly Sunday? As I don't want to miss anything but I still need to book my train home, I won't be able to go to the party, but the rest of the Eve?

Thanks

I'd definitely reccommend you don't book a train until around 7pm at the earliest on the Sunday; the last guest talks are usually some of the best. They'll go on until around 6:30 and it's about a 10 minute walk to the station.

Is there anyone on here that didn't book directly with the hotel? My problem is that I booked through Active Hotels and whilst the Park Inn does have us on the system and all is correct, the Active Hotels site have quoted me £239 for a 3 night stay excluding breakfast of £13.95 (or whatever it is) but I've said I don't wish to stay for breakfast and they removed this but the price remained unchanged. Other than phoning the hotel directly, I wanted to know what everyone was being quoted, last time in April it only cost me £165 for the same number of nights and it's annoying me.

xxx

Is there anyone on here that didn't book directly with the hotel? My problem is that I booked through Active Hotels and whilst the Park Inn does have us on the system and all is correct, the Active Hotels site have quoted me £239 for a 3 night stay excluding breakfast of £13.95 (or whatever it is) but I've said I don't wish to stay for breakfast and they removed this but the price remained unchanged. Other than phoning the hotel directly, I wanted to know what everyone was being quoted, last time in April it only cost me £165 for the same number of nights and it's annoying me.

xxx

Ours cost £120 something for 2 nights inc breakfast. When booking with Active Hotels did you mention The Hub, to get the discount?

I would've booked directly, just I couldn't afford to pay up front, sadly.

Never - no I didn't mention the Hub, to be honest I never thought of it, I thought they wouldn't be able to apply the discount since I wasn't and so far have not paid for the weekend.

xxx

Edited by Chelle2009

I would've booked directly, just I couldn't afford to pay up front, sadly.

Never - no I didn't mention the Hub, to be honest I never thought of it, I thought they wouldn't be able to apply the discount since I wasn't and so far have not paid for the weekend.

xxx

If you book using any other sites (including sites directky affiliated to the Rezidor chain) you don't get the discount, regardless of mentioning the Hub or not. You only get the con rate if you book on the phone and pay up front - I was in the same position (not being able to pay up front) so had the choice of find the cash and get the cheap rate or pay more but pay later.

For what everyone else is paying (if they've booked direct and paid up front), it'll be £65 per night including breakfast

im coming up on the fri but not getting on the train from london till around 8pm, working during the day, i think it was around 8, so will register sat morning.

wont being going to the parties, went to the fri thing at time quest and felt like a plonk on my jays, everyone was in groups or couples most knew each other, didnt enjoy it much. and being quite shy doesnt help lol.

also the sat at hub im meeting a friend who lives up there ive not seen since attack of the clones in Leicester square in 2002!

• Showmasters Admin

xxx

If you book direct with the hotel as per our website then it should cost you £65 per night including breakfast. Thats £195 for 3 nights with breakfast included.

I'm sorry, but I can't speak to any other way of booking as we have no control over that. It is always best to book direct with the hotel itself as it says on our website!

Mark :(

xxx

If your rate says "excluding breakfast" then the price will remain unchanged if you tell them you don't want breakfast. That's because the rate simply doesn't have the breakfast price included yet. If the rate says excluding something they won't subtract any money for the already excluded thing.

Or am I overlooking something here?

Not sure what they did when they told you they "removed" breakfast though. Probably put "no" in the breakfast yes/no field. ;)

Edited by Queen_Sindel

xxx

If your rate says "excluding breakfast" then the price will remain unchanged if you tell them you don't want breakfast. That's because the rate simply doesn't have the breakfast price included yet. If the rate says excluding something they won't subtract any money for the already excluded thing.

Or am I overlooking something here?

Not sure what they did when they told you they "removed" breakfast though. Probably put "no" in the breakfast yes/no field.:D

This is what it says on my booking -

Twin Room

Buffet breakfast costs GBP 13.95 per person per night.

Per guest request, modified the room type to exclude breakfast.

I just phoned them and asked if I could cancel this and change it to the convention rate but they said this wasn't available anymore. I've seen a few posts today saying there might have been a few rooms left but anyway it's £219 for the 3 nights. Thanks for the replies. :D I'm beginning to wish I'd booked upfront.

xxx

I found you have to book directly with the hotel by phone - which is no good for me as I'm deaf! When I tried to book the Park the website on several occasions said there were no rooms left so I ended up in the Ibis. That in itself is not a problem, but when I found out that friends had managed to book into the Park AFTER me, just because they were able to ring up, was a tad annoying to say the least.

I've found that every hotel I've stayed in for a con is NOT deaf friendly and it bugs the hell out of me. Good job ME tries to take up the slack or I'd be seriously piddled off.