1st timer Star Wars Guest to go up on monday at 8.pm

showmasters

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saying that though, Dennis Lawson isnt really classed as a main supporting cast member and thats what we are looking for. He has had, what 2mins screen time over 6+hrs of films? Most of the Ewoks had more screen time than that! lol

I think he became a main supporting cast member through his reappearance in ESB and ROTJ and the subsequent cult status of the character over the years, even if he wasn't initially intended as such.

I could be wrong, but the first time signing, appeared in all 3 films, and had dialogue in all 3 films, does point in Denis' direction.

I'm still unsure.

Denis Lawson was bubbed in ANH...although Mark does say 'character' and not 'actor' spoke. Plus even though Wedge is a very popular character I would still consider him a minor one in the context of the films.

On the flip side I don't consider Vader to be a 'major supporting' character either, more 'major'. Closer than Wedge though. Plus JEJ may not be available anyway....

:headscratch:

Next clue? :D

This character speaks in all 3 films! (Meaning, ANH, ESB and ROTJ)! :borg:

At least that solves our problem from 1,570 posts ago. :dance:

Sure does!

**waits for Yoda and The Emperor to be inserted into the Blu-Ray versions of ANH...**

Edited by 1of2

Your extra clue is :

This character speaks in all 3 films! (Meaning, ANH, ESB and ROTJ)! :borg:

Mark (Coz Jason is on a motorway somewhere)! :dance:

I was just going to play Devils Advocate and point out that Ian McDiarmid was only in Empire following the tinkering by Lucas in 2004 but this post has cleard everything up.

Like the previous posts I think it must be Denis Lawson.

If it is McDiarmid or Oz I will cry with happiness. Lawson would also be pretty cool. I took the clue as ESB and Jedi not including ANH because in the clue ESB and ROTJ were abbreviated, if it was meant to be ANH as well then why not just abbreviate that as well. Maybe im reading too much into it.

Lawson appeared in all 3 OT films, but I don't see him needing to do a convention, he has a dislike for SW fans, and although he has slightly, and i mean slightly, mellowed to SW stuff, he is still 90/10 against SW stuff and autographs

McDiarmid, well good luck! He refuses to sign SW stuff. Other then Official Pix stuff, who he signed for a few

years back, he flatly refuses SW stuff. I tried several times in person with him after shows and plays, and although he his very gracious about the whole situation, his answer is a firm no. Index cards he is fine with, but no SW images. Oh, and when he did sign for Offical Pix, he was priced at $299 each, so i doubt Jason will be able to get him at £40 a signature.

Frank Oz, again, i don't see him ever needing to do a convention. It's not his thing. He personalises everthing he signs without fail, and i know some collectors do not like personlised auto's.

Whoever it is, i'm sure the queue will be long! :borg:

Iain signed my OT poster at a theatre in Dublin in 2006. Just me and my mate waiting, and he didn't bat an eyelid.

[/smug mode]

surely if its all 3 films and a speaking part and a major supporting role it can only be daniels or JEJ no? hammil, ford, fisher are all leads.

kenny, dave and peter are always around the con circuit

cushing and guinness have both passed away.

the best way to to concentrate on a new hope, less character especially major support ones.

so if its not daniels or jones it can only be Denis Lawson which is a good guest but not a major supporting role in my mind but would still be a great guest.

i still want hammil and fisher together, come on jason, individual and joint shoots with them, ill kiss you, ill do anything!

She's done plenty of shows, in fact she's common as muck!

Agreed, Daniels is a self-obsessed ego-maniac who would not fit in at all with the decent calibre of guests Sm normally get. I'm thinking it's more likely to be lawson now, I am chuffed to bits if it is.

Ooh way too much excitment! I can't wait untill monday! I think its gotta be daniels and i'll be made up if it is! I was starting to think us star wars fans have been forgotten then Ahmed Best and now this!

:D

It won't be Anthony Daniels. Jason said this is a first time signer. Anthony has done signings before.