1st timer Star Wars Guest to go up on monday at 8.pm

showmasters

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Main supporting cast member that was in all 3 of the original trilogy. So, from that Frank Oz is definitely ruled out as he only appeared in Episodes V & VI.

That depends on how you read Jason's second clue. I understand it as only V and VI, ESB and ROTJ.

If your way of reading it correctly I'm going with James Earl Jones too.

Is anyone else picturing Mr Joiner sat there giggling at the computer screen?

Truth of the matter is, he's probably on his way to Autographica and leaving us stew lol :lol:

As far as I remember the hotel's got pretty good internet access. ;)

I doubt it is JEJ.

I'm going with either Denis Lawson or less likely Frank Oz.

...but to be honest all the names we have posted are all unlikely. I'd say I'll be surprised whoever it is.

Jason said that they are in Star Wars, Empire and ROTJ - which I assume means all three of the original films. Frank Oz was not in Star Wars (ANH).

Re-reading the original post and I could be wide of the mark in reading too much into the "show long remembered" comment.

The only possibilities as I see it are Denis Lawson and James Earl Jones.

I would also thinkg JEJ is primarily known for his voice and his voice is primarily known for being that of Darth Vader, so I can see him being announced as a SW guest.

..but to be honest all the names we have posted are all unlikely.
Who else is there that hasn't been mentioned though?. There aren't that many main support characters in all six films let alone just two or three.

And in addition main support characters who haven't signed before.

Even if the names posted so far are unlikely, I can't think of anyone else.

Being the biggest Muppet fan alive - Frank Oz is a dream guest (although an appearance is very, very unlikely), but if it was James Earl Jones i'd still be damn happy :lol: JEJ has appeared in some of my favourite movies.

Please give us some big, big clues soon!!

there are always iphones lol

I understood it as only ESB and ROTJ too

Oh my word! Autographica will be hell now, cos we will be working there all weekend, and still have to wait til Monday :lol:

He is going to be evil!

Well if we get the clue I can text you. But in reality you're closer to the source than me this weekend. ;)

That depends on how you read Jason's second clue. I understand it as only V and VI, ESB and ROTJ.
I read it like you, just ESB, & ROTJ. To be confirmed hopefully... when the laughing stops!

Probably that's the clue we'll get with post 100! :P

If it is just Empire and ROTJ then it rules Lawson out as well, but would bring Frank OZ massively to the forefront and possibly McDiarmid (who wasn't in the original Empire, but has since been cut and paste into the "ultimate" editions or whatever Lucas called them!).

There was no mention of New Hope - only Empire and ROTJ.......

No mention of ANH, but he put:

"Star Wars ESB and ROTJ"

Now, if indeed the actor was not in ANH then I'm wrong. But I figure that the "show long remembered" as a clue and I take it that the "Star Wars" in Jason's second post was used to reference ANH.

I could be wrong.

If it is just Empire and ROTJ then it rules Lawson out as well, but would bring Frank OZ massively to the forefront and possibly McDiarmid (who wasn't in the original Empire, but has since been cut and paste into the "ultimate" editions or whatever Lucas called them!).
Ian may depend on Jasons view of which is the 'real' ESB

Out of my three options I am less inclined to class Wedge as a 'main support' character. 'Support' yes. 'Main support' no. Vader is really a main character. Which would leave Yoda. We really need clarification on ANH as yes/no.

But then, in answer to whether it was an OT or PT guest, Jason didn't reference any of the prequels, and OZ is in all of them...