1st timer Star Wars Guest to go up on monday at 8.pm

showmasters

If you wanted to give away ALL clues that it would be Ford, then yes you'd include Raiders, Mosquito Coast, bladerunner.. But that wouldn't be much teasing, would it.

Maybe Ford is coming round to the idea that being 'above' the Star Wars signing commotion, isn't looking too great, and he's missing out on a killing.. :)

Which begs the question, just how much would people be willing to pay for a conveyor belt type appearance at a convention? Let's be honest, that's what it would have to be - pretty strict, no photos, no personalisations, just a swift moving queue, one per guest type in-out event.

I'd go as high as £250.

Edited by lukeowl

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmmm what date is thanks giving i was in new york last year and all the theatres shut for a short while before and after

so depending on the date could be james earl jones

US Thanksgiving is always the fourth Thursday of November, so 25th this year.

Edited by timpe

• Showmasters Admin

Except for people who seem to think that Harrison Ford is a 'supporting cast' member! Really?! That would mean the 'cast' is Mark Hamill?

Not that I agree with the suggestion that in this case Ford is "supporting cast", but in awards like the Oscars it could be assumed Mark H was the lead and so Ford would be up for best "supporting" actor!

As I say I don't consider Ford supporting cast in SW but it is a subjective term.

I would assume that it would boil down to what the general opinion of the cast of Star Wars is at the most basic level. I wouldnt have thought that anyone would disagree that the main cast is Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher, with all others being supporting cast

Don't get me wrong though, if it's anyone like Harrison Ford i'll be more than happy to be proven wrong! But sadly it won't be him

Edited by JacknDaniel

Which begs the question, just how much would people be willing to pay for a conveyor belt type appearance at a convention? Let's be honest, that's what it would have to be - pretty strict, no photos, no personalisations, just a swift moving queue, one per guest type in-out event.

I'd go as high as £250.

I'd pay that for Ford ( as long as theres's a photoshoot!!!)

I'd go as high as £250.

Sorry Keith, there is no photoshoot!

I'd go as high as £250.

Sorry Keith, there is no photoshoot!

Then he aint getting my £500! :blink:

If the original clue in Jason's first post, that being "This will be a show long remembered" is specific to the character, then it has to be JEJ.

I don't think that was a clue. Jason would probably have said that if it was any 1st time guest...in fact didnt he used to say it all the time around when CE took off?

And c'mon people, seriously...

IT WON'T BE FORD!!!! C'MON!!!

Edited by nicky

If the original clue in Jason's first post, that being "This will be a show long remembered" is specific to the character, then it has to be JEJ.

I don't think that was a clue. Jason would probably have said that if it was any 1st time guest...in fact didnt he used to say it all the time around when CE took off?

We are well over the 100 post mark come on another clue please!

[/size]

But then there was nothing else in the post that would be deemed as a clue rather than an anouncement. What I mean is, telling us that there's going to be a first time Star Wars announcement is not a clue, it's doing just what it says on the tin and telling us that there is going to be an announcement.

And why not? ;)

HFord.jpg

Look at "Available for..." next to his pic lol (the only edit i made in this pic are to hide any reference to the booking agency as i was not sure it was allowed to name them on these forums)

Note that some other A-List names are available for signings through this agency... even Bruce Willis!!! :D

Please Showmasters!!!! :D

Can anyone (uber Star Wars geeks maybe) confirm that in Star Wars (ANH only) Wegde's voice was dubbed by a guy called David Ankrum? Would that remove Denis Lawson from the running?

I can't confirm or deny that. But Mark said "character had lines". So no, it wouldn't remove Denis Lawson from the running.

Can anyone (uber Star Wars geeks maybe) confirm that in Star Wars (ANH only) Wegde's voice was dubbed by a guy called David Ankrum? Would that remove Denis Lawson from the running?

I can't confirm or deny that. But Mark said "character had lines". So no, it wouldn't remove Denis Lawson from the running.

ah I see, I thought the clue was "speaks", my bad.

And why not? :pyth:

Because...

1) Han Solo is a lead character in the trilogy, not main support.

2) SM titled this thread "1st timer Star Wars Guest". If it was Ford you'd think they'd title it "MASSIVE GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT!!" as he's done so much more just to be labelled a Star Wars guest.

3) I think it said the guest hadn't signed before...you just pulled a screen grab of a page showing Ford is available for signings so surly he's done one before?

4) If it was Ford, even you'd be surprised. Admit it!

Hey maybe SM are being sneaky and it's in fact a stunt-double who has merely stood in for a certain character(s) who appeared in the OT?

Edited by nicky

Hey maybe SM are being sneaky and it's in fact a stunt-double who has merely stood in for a certain character(s) who appeared in the OT?

Well if that's the case then maybe it's just Colin Skeaping being rescheduled. :)

BOOOO!!!! Don't dash my dreams like that. Yes, I would love to get Skeaping on some items, but Lawson is the one to drool over.