1st timer Star Wars Guest to go up on monday at 8.pm

showmasters

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno why people seem to think it'ss be Frank Oz, he wasn't in ANH.
We aren't convinced that the 'Star Wars' part in Jasons post is supposed to be ANH

Wot they said...

I don't see the need to have "Star Wars" in the post unless it were being used to reference ANH. I think the character will turn out to be one present in all 3 original trilogy films. And I stand by my JEJ guess because of the clue in the original post.

Dunno why people seem to think it'ss be Frank Oz, he wasn't in ANH.
We aren't convinced that the 'Star Wars' part in Jasons post is supposed to be ANH

Wot they said...

I don't see the need to have "Star Wars" in the post unless it were being used to reference ANH. I think the character will turn out to be one present in all 3 original trilogy films. And I stand by my JEJ guess because of the clue in the original post.

You sure you don't want to phone a friend?.....

Both Oz and McDiamid didnt appear to until ESB. The only supporting actors that have not done an event and were in all three of the original SW is Harrison Ford or JEJ.

JEJ is on Broadway from the end of October, so doubtful it will be him. Oh and I seriously doubt its Ford as well.

No, Denis Lawson has not done an event before.

I think, assuming JEJ is doing the play in the USA at the time, the most likely guests are:

1. Denis Lawson

2. Frank Oz

3. Ian McDiarmid

I can't think of anyone else it could really be. I mean I think we can just discount HFord. So you would think it must be one of the above. I've met Denis and Ian so I would love it to be Frank Oz.

If it is McDiarmid or Oz I will cry with happiness. Lawson would also be pretty cool. I took the clue as ESB and Jedi not including ANH because in the clue ESB and ROTJ were abbreviated, if it was meant to be ANH as well then why not just abbreviate that as well. Maybe im reading too much into it.

Edited by Sauron

If it is McDiarmid or Oz I will cry with happiness. Lawson would also be pretty cool. I took the clue as ESB and Jedi not including ANH because in the clue ESB and ROTJ were abbreviated, if it was meant to be ANH as well then why not just abbreviate that as well. Maybe im reading too much into it.

Lawson appeared in all 3 OT films, but I don't see him needing to do a convention, he has a dislike for SW fans, and although he has slightly, and i mean slightly, mellowed to SW stuff, he is still 90/10 against SW stuff and autographs

McDiarmid, well good luck! He refuses to sign SW stuff. Other then Official Pix stuff, who he signed for a few

years back, he flatly refuses SW stuff. I tried several times in person with him after shows and plays, and although he his very gracious about the whole situation, his answer is a firm no. Index cards he is fine with, but no SW images. Oh, and when he did sign for Offical Pix, he was priced at $299 each, so i doubt Jason will be able to get him at £40 a signature.

Frank Oz, again, i don't see him ever needing to do a convention. It's not his thing. He personalises everthing he signs without fail, and i know some collectors do not like personlised auto's.

Whoever it is, i'm sure the queue will be long! :borg:

Edited by jediknight49

I'll throw my hat into the ring and suggest that if it's all 3 films, then it could only be Denis Lawson (or possibly James Earl Jones - although technically Jones did not appear in the films, and apparently he does not like to charge for signings so this could rule him out).

And for those suggesting Harrison Ford, he was one of the leads, not a supporting actor.

McDiarmid, well good luck! He refuses to sign SW stuff. Other then Official Pix stuff, who he signed for a few

years back, he flatly refuses SW stuff. I tried several times in person with him after shows and plays, and although he his very gracious about the whole situation, his answer is a firm no. Index cards he is fine with, but no SW images. Oh, and when he did sign for Offical Pix, he was priced at $299 each, so i doubt Jason will be able to get him at £40 a signature.

Whoever it is, i'm sure the queue will be long! :borg:

Actually McDiarmid in an interview this year while promoting the prince of homburg told me, never say never to conventions.

I'll throw my hat into the ring and suggest that if it's all 3 films, then it could only be Denis Lawson (or possibly James Earl Jones - although technically Jones did not appear in the films, and apparently he does not like to charge for signings so this could rule him out).

And for those suggesting Harrison Ford, he was one of the leads, not a supporting actor.

Saying that though, Dennis Lawson isnt really classed as a main supporting cast member and thats what we are looking for. He has had, what 2mins screen time over 6+hrs of films? Most of the Ewoks had more screen time than that! lol

Holy crap...they did it. They got Lawson.

I think I might shed a tear!!

Let's not forget Wedge was the only Rebel pilot aside from Luke seen in all three major battles (Yavin, Hoth, Endor). Quite frankly I think Wedge did a heck of a lot more in the grand scheme of the story then some of you are giving him credit for.

Edited by BretinFlorida