Hawaii Five-O Season One

DavidB

• Moderators

Well, the theme tune was there sounding as awesome as ever :D

The cast was pretty spot on I felt - great chemistry between Steve McGarrett (Alex O'Loughlin from Moonlight) and Danno (Scott Caan - James Caan's son, previously in Entourage and others), as well as great supporting actors in Daniel Dae Kim (Jin in Lost), Grace Park (Battlestar Galactica etc) and Jean Smart (24).

And that's not even mentioning Masi Oka (Heroes), William Sadler or James Marsters!

Well written with a good pace. Some nice action pieces and drama, along with some funny moments too.

Pretty much everything you could hope for in a pilot, and definitely one to watch.

• 2 weeks later...

caught a episode of this show when i was over in the states - looks good - hopefully shown on a UK TV channel shortly (along with other new shows "no ordinary family" and "the event" - also promising looking new shows)

So I've caught the first couple of episodes. Have to agree part of what makes this version is the great chemistry between Steve McGarrett (Alex O'Loughlin) and Danno (Scott Caan).

Daniel Dae Kim rocks as well, he's just so cool riding around on that motorbike!

I'm finding Grace Parks character a little dull, in the first episode she's totally kick ass and beats of 3 guys and earlier on she punches some guy but in episode two she and another woman have a cat fight she can't win, it's all just so unbalanced. Also I've noticed that in episode one they had her with little clothing on, I hope they aren't gonna just use her for eye candy. The potential is there with the whole newbie to the force and the family relationship ect.

I have to say I mightly impressed with the action shots! That scene in the first ep were Alex is chasing after the drug dealer and jumps over the car just as it backends another was so cool I had to rewind it several times.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It was great fun...like the banter between the two leads and how the book him line at the end of each episode.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - bring Grace Park back to the UK.

Although, as she is filming in Hawaii - so not got my hopes up.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm finding Grace Parks character a little dull, in the first episode she's totally kick ass and beats of 3 guys and earlier on she punches some guy but in episode two she and another woman have a cat fight she can't win, it's all just so unbalanced. Also I've noticed that in episode one they had her with little clothing on, I hope they aren't gonna just use her for eye candy. The potential is there with the whole newbie to the force and the family relationship ect.

I'm about 6 episodes in (UK pace) and they definately seem to be wasting Grace Park's acting talents so far.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm about 6 episodes in (UK pace) and they definately seem to be wasting Grace Park's acting talents so far.

im really enjoying it so far

but yes graces character seems very under used

although ive never thought of her as a fantastic actor, just a regular one, damn that sounds harsh, didnt mean it to be, grace is awesome.

• 10 months later...

s1 was great, so is series 2! shame though that grace is being even more sidelined, her bad cop undercover stuff should of lasted alot longer than 2 eps lol, could of given her some interesting stuff over a season

im liking the new cast additions and im glad that bad cia bird is gone, she annoyed me both her character and her face lol, though knowing she was bad im sure she will be back, if she isnt that really was a waste of time introducing her.

• 4 months later...