LFCC - DATE CHANGE

showmasters

Probably a clash with something. Maybe Earls Court double booked, maybe a guest is only available on that date. If it's the second choice we will hopefully find out soon. :lol:

it clashes with something already in, based on the last info I had. things might of changed though.

Noooo!! I won't be able to make it at all that weekend ;) '

'Hopefully?' there will be no guests that I want to see.

you know thats not gonna happen lol, like me, definitely cant make hub4 and naoko is announced lol, bad times for rob!

Good job I dont work weekends now, as id have had to have the weekend booked months ago, so would have been a nightmare getting it changed!

However I do know people in that situation now who cant get the new weekend off because they had to put in for the original weekend and may have a problem now. :pyth:

awkward date for people with kids as the six weeks holidays start around the 20th. feel bad for those people who have to pull their kids out now :/ gladly for me i finish college in june i think, unfortunate for yoo guys though :D

Not if you are scottish as our schools break up on 3rd July. Fits in perfectly for us.

Pretty amateurish advertising the date for 2 months then having to change it.

Does nobody check and double check with the venue and obtain a proper contract with the date set?

I guess not, else why would showmasters have to change it?

Better to only advertise event dates when they are set in stone.

Does nobody check and double check with the venue and obtain a proper contract with the date set?

They had a contract for Glasgow this year, it was "set in stone" - then it turned out the venue had double-booked them.

Sometimes things change and are outwith the organisers' control.

I would like to swear because I'm furious AND a bit pleased. My birthday is the Monday, so now my plan is ruined, but it does mean I stand a chance at attending a US con the next weekend.

*confused*

Turk Fox, my birthday is also on the Monday- gutted cos of birthday money: :thumbup:

LFCC is always around the same date, now I dont know the ins and outs of how bookings are confirmed or even if what I think happened did in fact happen, but if it did, there was nothing SM could of done. not there fault. this time period there will be nothing happening at EC open show wise at all in any of the halls.

Insert swear word here.... Going to have to beg to change holidays now the original dates are just automatically put in for me normally it should be my weekend off so I might be able to work the charm. Hopefully just means your down 4 customers as I can't bring the kids that weekend they don't brake up for another week can't pull em out early without good reason