Guest cancellation Ed Mitchell

Dave Phillips

• Moderators

Unfortunately Ed Mitchell has had to cancel his appearance at Autographica.

This is due to the personal reasons in Ed,s statement below.

I am sure that we all wish Ed's son the very best for the future and understand that in the circumstances he should stay home to look after him.

This is the statement i have received from Ed today.

I deeply regret not being able to come over personally, and I hoped until last week, that it would work out that I could. However, my son underwent surgery last week at a cancer hospital, and I expect to bring him home tomorrow for recuperation for a period before returning him to the hospital for more surgery in another month.

I will endevour to ask if Ed can reschedule for April but for the moment our thoughts are with him for his son.

Dave Phillips

Sad to hear - this means I won't be coming over to the event now,unfortunately.

Hope you get him to the April event in Birmingham.

Hope his son stays well too - my thoughts are with him & his family..makes you realise that even people who have walked on the Moon are still humans at the end of the day!

I understand Ed Mitchell`s decision to cancel his attendance for Autographica in London.And I wish him and especially his son all the best.

Anyway it`s a great disappointment for me,because "my" main guest at A16 was astronaut Ed Mitchell.

Of course,we have a lot further interesting guests at A16 and I`m looking forward with a great joy to the show.But at all Autographicas,where I participated in the past,I met a moonwalker.Next weekend,I will miss it.Or is there any chance to invite a moonwalker until the show ? If not, I hope for a further Apollo-astronaut as a substitute.Or a flight controller like Sy Liebergot ? I`m sure,Dave`s telephone wires glows.

Best

Helmut

Like many other members I'll be very disappointed at not meeting Edgar at Autographica this time but under the circumstances he is doing the right thing. Hopefully he wil be able to attend one of the events next year. I'm still attending the event as it's always been good in the past despite previous cancellations and it always gives you the opportunity to meet felow collectors and to buy a few bits from the dealers.

I hope the organisers will pass on our Best wishes to the Mitchell family.

Edited by abitmax

• 1 month later...