Paying by Credit Card/Debit Card

SciFiMAD

Quick question, been about a year or so since ive been to a event, and just wanted to check that I can still pay for autographs from the guests on the day of the show before going up to the autograph queue.

As Im after the Apollo guests and dont want to care large amount of cash about with me!

• Showmasters Admin

Not QS but I can help :dance:

You simply go to the reg desk and buy show vouchers. These are either £5, £10 or £20 vouchers usually.

So all you do is go up and ask for (let's saY) £100 in vouchers and explain you need (maybe) 4 x £5, 4 x £10 and 2 x £20.

They'll take £100 from your card and give you the vouchers.

You then go up and buy your autographs just like normal but you hand over the voucher(s) instead of cash to the crew member taking the payment for the guest.

Edited by Too Tall

Not QS but I can help :dance:

You simply go to the reg desk and buy show vouchers. These are either £5, £10 or £20 vouchers usually.

So all you do is go up and ask for (let's saY) £100 in vouchers and explain you need (maybe) 2 x £5, 4 x £10 and 5 x £20.

They'll take £100 from your card and give you the vouchers.

You then go up and buy your autographs just like normal but you hand over the voucher(s) instead of cash to the crew member taking the payment for the guest.

Thanks, Too Tall. That is a very lucid explanation. I will certainly avail myself of this service.

This was a great facility. Please continue to offer it.

As somebody else said, when you are handing over Scottish twenty quid notes you tend to get some disbelieving glances.

It is a great facility!

They won't stop offering it and it is available at all of the various events that are run. I've seen cash machines run out before and this facility makes sure that attendees can get the autographs or photos that they want.

when you are handing over Scottish twenty quid notes you tend to get some disbelieving glances.

I find such looks highly offensive tbh. Can TT maybe confirm - are crew briefed on the possibility of Scottish / Northern Irish notes appearing ? It's a pain in the jacksie sorting english notes beforehand.

• Showmasters Admin

when you are handing over Scottish twenty quid notes you tend to get some disbelieving glances.

I find such looks highly offensive tbh. Can TT maybe confirm - are crew briefed on the possibility of Scottish / Northern Irish notes appearing ? It's a pain in the jacksie sorting english notes beforehand.

It's not speficially part of my brief because they are legal tender so we always take them. Every so often I get a crew member that asks me, but that's pretty rare.

I'm assuming you've never been refused by a crew member?

Not once I'm pleased to say :YAHOO: although crew (not just at SM events) sometimes border on discourteous when they haven't seen them before. I can understand it happening in a shop in the south of England, but in an event that is attracting attendees from all over the UK (and further afield) I kind of think that cash-handling staff / volunteers should be aware in advance. Not giving grief, just an opinion....

I can confirm that I've never had them refused by SM crew.

We've had them studied and held up to the light, etc by some stall holders and the Birmingham Hotel last year at Autographica.

We did have them knocked back at an event some time ago but it was by a stall holder when we were buying a board game.

SM crew have been no problem.