Disabled Facilities at Autographica

andrewdoig

As a registered disabled person, I would like to ask if there is any provision for disabled persons at Autographica. I am able to walk with the assistance of two sticks.

Would I have to negotiate stairs at the Hotel?

I note the virtual queue arrangement. Would it be possible to make an additional payment for the opportunity of joining the back of any queue without the need of a virtual queue ticket. I can't attend the dinner and I don't want to pay the full cost of a VIP ticket for this facility.

It's been a while since I've been to the Thistle, so things may have changed a bit with the recent renovation.

From what I recall there's only one large set of steps in the convention center, and this leads upstairs to a room with a bar area. I'm not even sure if this will be used. There's another two steps near two smaller rooms which will probably be used for the photo sessions. I hopped these down on crutches myself and it was not a problem. I do recall a ramp in that area though.

I'm afraid that to the best of my knowledge the VIP ticket is the only thing offering the arrangement you are looking for.

If you have problems standing due to your disability or you can't stay around too long because of that please ask for TooTall at the event and he sort out things for you.

Or would you rather contact him before by e-mail to discuss your specific needs?

I've done Autographica with a freshly injured food on crutches myself one time. The crew is really very helpful and will assist you in any way they can.