Kai Owen "Rhys Williams"

Gareth David Lloyd "Ianto Jones"

Indira Varma "Suzie Costello"

Murray Melvin "Bilis Manger"

Eve Pearce "Estelle"

Caroline Chikezie "Lisa"

Camilla Power "Pearl"

Simon Poland Voice of "The 4-5-6"

now we know the event is going to be a lot of fun, like every Hub is :unsure: but we need your help on this one

because times are a little hard for us all and there is no show airing tickets sales are a little down , so we need a little help from you the fans

we want to keep running this con and we want to be able to put on all the things you love about the Hub, so if you can let all your friends know that are into show and go on to as many sites as you can and let the people know about the Hub , as thats the best way to help us and your will be helping yourself in the long run as we will not let you down as we plan to run the best event we can for you all .

this year is a tuff year for all events but every event we have run this year has been a lot of fun and we have come though and made it an amazing weekend for you all , any help on this front will go along way to making the event even better .

next year we will have the New show so this will help the Hub so the futures good

we look forward to seeing you all again and thank you for your support and help

not long now see you soon

Jason :D

The current guest list is absolutely amazing, I can't wait, I've been posting about it on lots of sites for a few months now but I'll up my game and message loads of randomers on Twitter who mention 'Torchwood' in their tweets haha. I really want these Hub events to continue, they're always so much fun :unsure:

this will be my first hub, wanted to go to the others especially the last one for naoko but just couldnt make it. please get all the leads back!!??

though if sales continue to fall, it might be worth thinking about mixing this and bad wolf together as a new who con with DW/TW/SJA all in one?

guest list for this looks great

though if sales continue to fall, it might be worth thinking about mixing this and bad wolf together as a new who con with DW/TW/SJA all in one?

Hmm hope not, I'll be going to the next Hub if possible, but wouldn't got to a joint one - I'm not all that keen on DW and never watched SJA!

I'd be surprised if they kept falling. After all, as Jason said, with the next series coming up it should spike interest. It's just tricky to keep the sales high at the moment.

with only a month to go are sales gonna pick up that much without a new guest? for this event even with us promoting it where ever we can, although jason has mentioned the future looking ok due to the new series, surely this is as much about the next hub as it is about this one?.

though I think its a great line up myself. add naoko and it would be perfect ;-) I cant wait for this event, looks good!

Beyond Barrowman or James Marsters, I don't think there's anyone you could add to the lineup that'd have a huge impact on sales.

quite true, which is why I think this is aimed at the next hub more than this one, the concern. will the april? hub be on before the new series airs or after? ive not caught upto date with the american TW news, so not sure.

• Moderators

Mid-2011 was the last I read, so it probably wont have aired, but the hype should start and it'll be possible to capitalise on that. Maybe even get a couple of guests from it, which is always a bit tricky when it comes to meeting people you haven't seen yet but I guess we'll see.

• Moderators

Personally I'm still hoping for a longer break before the next Hub, so s4 MIGHT be able to start airing before Hub6...

But yeah I agree the only ones that would make a big difference to sales are John, James, and possibly Burn (I know several people who are unsure whether to come and Burn is on their 'would sway me' list).

All promotion to friends helps, we promoted Bitten like crazy the last couple of weeks on facebook, twitter blogs etc and the sales jumped nicely.

I reckon if people think there are attendees they know there, they are more likely to buy a ticket last minute, so I will keep plugging the cons on my facebook.

At Bitten, we even had people walking in off the street and buy a ticket cos they had seen loads of people in True Blood tshirts and asked what was happening.

Not everybody reads adverts etc sometimes word of mouth works amazingly :D

I would be suprised if Naoko was added to this line up though since we had her last time :D

I'm not sure that'd work to be honest, I love all three shows but I like the fact The Hub can be a bit naughtier and that's probably because it's a 15. If the con was mixed with Doctor Who and especially SJA, the talks would probably have to be toned down a bit which most attendees probably wouldn't want :D

I'm not sure that'd work to be honest, I love all three shows but I like the fact The Hub can be a bit naughtier and that's probably because it's a 15. If the con was mixed with Doctor Who and especially SJA, the talks would probably have to be toned down a bit which most attendees probably wouldn't want :D

oh ok, I didnt realize some of the cons had ratings lol, I just though the hub was more naughty cos of who attended and cos the show was more naughty

can I vote for a 18 rated hub please ;-)

I will definitely put the word around some more. The line up is great. But the thing that does worry me is that some people want top drawer cast members, but seem to forget that Jason has said that ticket sales are down. If we want this event, and other events to continue, we need to be realistic.

Signing events are the places to top drawer stars.

Conventions are the places to meet cast members - whether small stars or big stars - but also to meet like minded fans in relaxed atmospheres. I can remember meeting Jeremy Renner at a Buffy & Angel convention many years back. He was in one episode (Somnambulist 1x11 of Angel) and was a superb fun guest. He has since gone on to be in major films including the upcoming Avengers film.

.....now, time to do some advertising people..sound the rally cry...to conventions and beyond!!!

Edited by showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

thanks for all your help it all helps to get the word out there

one point i would like to point out

its not the guests at this point that will help get more people to the event as most people that are on here know of the event and how much fun it is and the guest line up is a good one and we are working on still more guest if we can book them in so thats all covered , its new fans and people that have never been to a con before that we need to get the word out to .

its a big step to going to your first con , we all remember that plunge ,

will it be fun ?

will it be worth the money as it cost more than a signing show ?

will i like the people there ?

do i care about the parties ?

well i want the autos but am not bothered about the talks or will they be fun ?

etc etc

these are the things that people just do not understand till they go for the first time how much fun all the above are , so getting more guests gets the fans that want to meet theses guest and thats fine but the line up is a good one so we just need to get more people to see these events are happening and for them to see what fun they are when you are there , and only you the fans can help us with this as you are proof that we run a good event for the fans and that people that do not attend are really missing out on something really cool and fun

so thank you for the good work so far it would be nice to see a few more of you out there giving it a push so please do and we will keep on working on bringing you all an amazing event .

ho and we do not plan to mix up the other BBC shows with this one we like the Hub the way it is like you all do so do not worry about that .

and if we do get some more sales this will help the guest list as we will have more to spend on guest so it helps us all in the long run so lets all see what we can do , as i said before i feel that the Hub has a good future but every event we run we want to make it the best we can and for that we need you the fans there so keep up the good work and we will not let you down .

see you soon

jason :thumbup:

I've put up banners with links to the Hub 5 site on my various profile pages and am urging people to go. Here's hoping that someone actually does!

And thank you, Jason, for reassuring us that you'll keep the Hub separate from the other shows. I quite enjoy its flavour and wouldn't want to tame it down. :thumbup:

It might help next time if the Hub wasn't during Barrowman's tour!. We are going to the Hub, but this time didn't book straight away, and didn't book gold like we normally do. In fact we only decided to definitely go to the Hub a few days ago, when we figured we could just about squeeze it in (both physically and financially) between Barrowman's opening night on the Friday and his Royal Albert Hall concert on the Monday!

• Moderators

It might help next time if the Hub wasn't during Barrowman's tour!. We are going to the Hub, but this time didn't book straight away, and didn't book gold like we normally do. In fact we only decided to definitely go to the Hub a few days ago, when we figured we could just about squeeze it in (both physically and financially) between Barrowman's opening night on the Friday and his Royal Albert Hall concert on the Monday!

I'm not really sure something like that can be taken into account alongside dates available for venues, and other guests availability etc.

It's unfortunate that it has fallen that way, but I don't think it's something that will be high on the priority list for timings.