A few newbie questions!

RainbowTapir

So I've never been to a con at all like this before, so forgive my ignorance please :P

First of all, will most people be in costumes at the parties/would it be particularly bad form NOT to dress up? Not sure if I can afford to/will have time to make a costume. Alternatively would it make me look stupid if I were in a costume that didn't match the theme? xD

Also, does anyone know what sort of time the parties finish? We're planning to drive there and back each day (we live maybe half an hour-40 minutes away?).

Also when do the events start on each day, haha?

In addition, is there a limited number of Standard tickets/when would it be "too late" to book them?

Sorry for the overload of questions! I've been presented with the possibility to go to pretty much the best con in the world so I'm excited and want everything to go perfectly :D

I thought I had some other questions but I can't remember them at the moment...

Thanks guys, I'm really looking forward to this :)

So I've never been to a con at all like this before, so forgive my ignorance please

Firstly welcome, glad to see your going to be part of the fun :D and i hope the following will answer you questions:

First of all, will most people be in costumes at the parties/would it be particularly bad form NOT to dress up? Not sure if I can afford to/will have time to make a costume. Alternatively would it make me look stupid if I were in a costume that didn't match the theme? xD

You get a good mix of people dressing up, and since its Halloween i think there may be a few extra ones dressing up. You really dont need to dress up either. Whatever you decide to do you will not feel out of place so dont worry about that

Also, does anyone know what sort of time the parties finish? We're planning to drive there and back each day (we live maybe half an hour-40 minutes away?).

They normally go on as long as people are still on the dance floor say around 2/3am some times, then people will sit in the bar until silly hours in the morning (yes thats me :P )

Also when do the events start on each day, haha?

Around 9am things start to happen, Talks normally take place in the afternoon with photoshoots and signings in the mornings

In addition, is there a limited number of Standard tickets/when would it be "too late" to book them?

You will be fine, i dont think u will be "too late" if your just after a standard ticket, its the gold and silver that sell out fast, there will be a warning on here when they start to run low.

Hope that helped you out and see you there

Andrew

Thanks, that was really helpful!

I was wondering if there was roughly a specific time I should arrive on the days, especially if I'm looking to go to some signings? Since I'm probably being driven there each day. :)

I'm really looking forward to it now, everyone sounds so friendly and awesome.

Hi Rainbow :D

I second most of the responses above!

How early you need to get there is a bit subjective really. You probably won't miss any talks as they tend to be in the afternoon after lunch.

Mornings are usually autographs and photo shoots. You will have different times to go for each autograph/photo for each guest depending on your ticket number, so you might not have anything til 11am or you might have stuff starting at 9am. However with the autos you can go any time after your number is called so you wouldn't actually need to get there for 9 - it's only the photos where it's set in stone and so if you did have a 9am photoshoot you'd need to be there for not much later than 9. (You don't have to have photos at all though!)

The schedule with all the timings on should be put on the forum a couple of weeks before the con and you'll get your ticket number around the same time, so you should get a much clearer idea then! :P