Feedback thread

CosmicAvatar

I think the stage height was ok, but only because the talks were very uncrowded - also because we sat at the back, it was possible to stand up for photos because we weren't blocking people behind us... I'm sure if it was a much busier con, it wouldn't have been as easy to see everything on stage - although the screens were great, there were times when the screens were zoomed right in on the guests face's whilst they were gesticulating, so if you were only watching the screens you would've missed some great comedy moments.

I felt that we had plenty of time to do everything and never queued more than 10 mins for either an autograph or photo... in fact at one point I thought I had turned up too late for a photoshoot only to realise that the queue was just inside the door - although the guy with the long dark hair was very good in giving us times to come back and join the queues for the other guests :~)

my step daughter was a little disappointed that on Sunday afternoon one of the dealers (the ones with the comics & tshirts) seemed to have packed up as she had money left over...

I suppose the only 'complaints' I have are with the hilton/birmingham tbh, they didn't tell us when we checked in that breakfast was included or the times or where it was! I cleared my credit card to pay for the room & meals, only to find that it wouldn't work in the wetherspoons or hilton bar because they swipe rather than chip n pin ^_^ also even with 20% off, the drinks in the party bars were V. pricy esp as they didn't do pints and did coke in bottles.. (£6 for a vodka & coke after discount is still extortionate, esp when it's just generic smirnoff... now I see why people take/buy liquor for their rooms!)

I totally didn't get how the bids for the guest encounters worked either... but that's my fault rather than ME.

Overall it was my first con and set a really high standard, it exceeded all expectations... It was great seeing the guests take part/join in with so much stuff (quiz was hilarious, big ups to the girl who did the Sam impression against Mark!), and at the parties... we also saw them chilling in the bar area a few times, although after one particular attendee mithered them they left within 5 mins each time!

Last thing, on the Sunday afternoon they played an ep of SPN between talks, one of which finished at quarter past the hour... at half past someone came over the mike so say they would play another 20 mins of an ep, then retracted because there 'wasn't time' then the guests didn't come on stage until the hour... meaning that we sat around for 45 mins doing nothing - during which time a whole ep of SPN could've been played after all!!

Just wanted to say thanks to Showmasters/Massive Events for a great weekend, it's taken 5 days to get over the con blues, but it was soo worth it.

I've already put my holidays in for RH2!

I saw Mark a lot over the weekend and couldn't love him more, such an amazing guy...and he gave me a kiss at checkout so now i have a huge older man crush!

...Likewise XD

And Mark was there the Sunday night apparently. There are photos that prove it, I've been told he was in the main bar/loungey bit most of the time. Dunno until when.

I saw Mark a lot over the weekend and couldn't love him more, such an amazing guy...and he gave me a kiss at checkout so now i have a huge older man crush!

...Likewise XD

And Mark was there the Sunday night apparently. There are photos that prove it, I've been told he was in the main bar/loungey bit most of the time. Dunno until when.

Yeah we saw him there, him and Chad were great that night!