Feedback thread

CosmicAvatar

I'll put this in this thread instead.

Great event, very calm and relaxing - great idea to put on episodes. Guests were brilliant, probably the four nicest people I've ever met. The talks were superb - Samantha Ferris is a star!

2 criticisms though - Why was registration closed early on Friday? I got there at 8.20 to be told to come back in the morning. Went to the party on Friday night and was told I couldn't have a go on the black jack table because I didn't have the pink slip from the registration pack - bit annoying really!

Also seemed to be a lot of waiting around doing nothing.

Loved the quiz (Alastair's Angels FTW!!!!!!!! *RAWR* Love Chuck too, but I'm totally an Angel now XD), loved the talks, would listen to them talk for hours happily, about god knows what XD I'm not usually one for parties either, but friday was awesome, as was saturday, and after a bit sunday picked up too :D.

Other organisers should take note, always have a bouncy castle at conventions. Cos they're friggin epic!! I can't believe more people didn't go on it! Meant more for me and my friends though :D

And loved that Sherlock was playing in between talks on sunday XD ohmyword we flailed/squealed/wooped when we saw that XD Glad there wasn't lots of running around and clashing of stuff. Prefer it more leisurely to madness XD

Not sure what else I can say really, other than I really really enjoyed it and I am truly addicted to conventions now XD After just two weekends cons... It'll be hard to say no to any SPN con(or a con for any show that I like if I keep being as addicted XD), regardless of guests going, cos they always turn out to be awesome. I just love the talks so much... Order of favourite things Talks-Auto's-Photo ops. I think thats it, I do love getting my photo with them, its like evidence I've met em, but I love getting to talk to them more, hence auto's & talks are more my favourite. But usually it takes me a bit to get the guts/cahones to talk XD beginning of the weekend I'm still a bit timid, by the end, I'm all woopy & happy to run over to em and say 'Honey, hush' XD I need to do a guest encounter next time... I'm kicking myself once again for not doing one at this con either... I missed Todd... I missed Marksha... and now I've missed Mark/Rob/Sam too XD

Possibly crit would have been on the early photo ops. But that was explained to me & my friendlies in the sunday night party, so no crit for that :D

(I went on a bit XD)

Edited by Meimi132

Had a great time such a laugh!! No complaints only thing that would be nice at future events is if the stage could be higher. Sadly I am a shorty and for most of the talks I was lucky if i could see the guests hair :\ At least we had the screens, but as it was a small con, I didn't really expect to not be able to see the guests on stage.

But honestly I had such a great time - reminds me why I love showmasters & massive Events SO MUCH!!!

And loved that Sherlock was playing in between talks on sunday XD ohmyword we flailed/squealed/wooped when we saw that XD Glad there wasn't lots of running around and clashing of stuff. Prefer it more leisurely to madness XD

Aw I'm glad you enjoyed that. It was actually lunchtime and some of us crew wanted to watch a bit, technically speaking the hall had been cleared but it seemed a bit mean to move attendees when they were enjoying an SPN episode so we let the ep run and then we highjacked the screens for 20 mins of Sherlock. Lol.

I'm just bringing this over from the thanks thread...

This was my first ME event, and it wasn't bad. I liked that it was pretty chilled, although the Sunday especially did feel as though there was a lot of waiting around. Maybe I wouldn't have minded so much if I hadn't had a stinking cold, but with not a lot to do, and having checked out of our room before 12, we felt a little lost. I know they were playing episodes, which was a nice touch, but it still felt a little light on the Sun.

My main concern was the staging, if you weren't in the front couple of rows, then forget about seeing anything. I realise there were big screens which was great, but if you're only sat in the 4th row, I think it's ridiculous that you can't see the stage because the guests weren't sat high enough. Either the stage a bit higher, or something other than short chairs were needed I think. I hate to think how impossible it would be to see if it were a big con.

Quiz was fun, but didn't like the audience having the Mike put in their faces - I didin't want to join in, and would have been much happier to just sit and watch without feeling like a bosom for saying no to answering a question. Although I appreciate that people do enjoy that sorta thing.

I liked the casual way in which we got the autos on the Sat morning, we just joined the queues as and when we fancied, and even went to have a chat with Rob while there was nobody waiting for him. Photo shoots were well run, and liked that it wasn't rushed in the least, and Malcolm checked all the pics before telling you it was ok. I've had pics in the past where I've had my eyes half shut (not this company though).

The parties weren't my thing. I think I went down for 40 mins on the Friday night before going back up to my room, then on the Sat, we popped down for 5 minutes before they announced they were playing cheese, so we turned round and walked straight back out again. I know convention people like cheese, and usually I'm a big fan too, but it just wasn't what I was looking for.

Staff were lovely, very helpful, very clear with instructions etc.

Yeah T-T was so sad there wasn't one... but bouncy castles... at a con... it needs to happen every time.

haha I know!! The bouncy castle was genius and the fact the guests went on it just made it even more worthwile. In Rob's sunday guest encounter he said it was his fave event he'd done cos of how laid back it was and the fact there was a bouncy castle lol. He said he doesn't usually go to the parties so that was fun :)

Oh and me, well I just loved the whole damn thing and wanna go back! It was my first ME con, well done staff!! :D

Right....here i go...

AWESOME event overall! i have been to quite few cons/signings that you guys have done now and have to say this is going down as one of my fave events to date.

I loved the more relaxed/intimate setting i have to say, it actually made it more enjoyable! it was nice and chilled in terms of getting autos and photos (loved loved loved the group shot btw - they guests made it awesome, one of the best ive seen).

I loved the fact the guests were out at the party on saturday and having an awesome time, they were always in the lobby bar too which was nice, they would pass and say hello etc - nice and relaxed! Oh and i love that Chad "braved" the sunday party too (on his own lol!) it was very quiet on sunday but he was happy to chat to everyone which was lovely! and mark was floating round too lol mostly at the bar :D

The talks were awesome! really funny etc very impressed with the mark and rob joint talk given they didnt really know each other, it was pretty awesome - same goes for the group talk! they were awesome together, had a lovely chemistry despite the fact only sam and chad knew each other! You could tell they all had a blast getting to know each other. Oh and the quiz was hilarious - loved Robs Castiel impression "i found a liquor store and i drank it!" :dance: so funny! although i was a bit eeep when they come round with the mic haha!

Glad they showed some season 5 eps in between things on sunday - that was a nice sit off for a while to kill some time!

The dealer room was pretty good! they had more than i was expecting, but i think i might of cleared them out of Misha photos ;) the canvasses were awesome too! Oh and the auction was good! I won a misha auto :YAHOO:

The parties were really awesome, saturday being the busiest! but they went all out with decoration etc and the bouncy castle of course lol lots of supernatural music, which was great!

and of course the guests themselves!! Such lovely genuine people!

Mark Rolston suprised me, cause to be honest i wasnt too bothered about meeting him, but he was awesome - a complete legend by the time the weekend was finished lol!

Sam Ferris was fantastic, loads of cool stories to tell and her talks were amazing. A really lovely warm lady!

Rob Benedict was as amazing as expected! And incredibly like chuck, only not awkward haha! He was and absolute star, hilarious, such a sweetie (he wanted to take me and tash home with him :D) and not to mention gorgeous! ;)

Chad Lindberg - right Ash is one of my fave characters anyways so meeting chad was bound to be awesome! He was such a nice person, just like the others. He was beyond cool and was very quirky (which i loved!) and yeah i have to admit, by the end of the weekend i developed a complete chad crush!! :wub:

Overall such an amazing weekend! back in work now, got the post con blues!! Hope the guests come back to another show in the future!

Thanks guys for making it awesome! :blush:

Mark Rolston suprised me, cause to be honest i wasnt too bothered about meeting him, but he was awesome - a complete legend by the time the weekend was finished lol!

My thoughts exactly. I do usually try to watch a bunch of stuff the guests have done if I haven't seen them in much, just so I have something to to say XD. But he was fantastic. Sooo lovely. Want them all back. Plus more. Plus the bouncy castle. AND next time a ball pit!! XD

Just thought i'd add the guests feedback on here as well :blush: Nice of them to post about the con!

Thank god for twitter haha

Rob Benedict - thanks for the love UK! fantastic weekend all around. excellent work, everyone. big fan!

Chad Lindberg - A huge thanks to @Showmasters for having us at the #Roadhouse this weekend! And thanks to all the wonderful #Supernatural fans who welcomed us and who threw down "Bouncy Castle" style;) I have lots of new friends. Thanks for a great time!!!!!

and you guys have created new friendships too Chad also tweeted....

I also have a very important announcement to make....I am now officially following @RobBenedict .

Sam Ferris - Just rolled in the door from #roadhouse con. Before I throw up from exhaustion wanted to thank everyone 4 coming out and @Showmasters for throwing such a great convention. 'Spot on' as u would say. Great time had by all. Lovely to meet you all. Let's do it again soon! X0

The whole weekend was amazing! Let's start with the organisers and crew...all so friendly and fun too, they did a great job and thanks to them it went without a hitch. Great organisation skills!

I met some great attendees at the con, who i hope to see at future cons! Everyone was just really friendly and i know they enjoyed it as much as i did.

The guests...were awesome! Rob completely lived up to my expectations and was just so lovely to us and up for a laugh. I saw Mark a lot over the weekend and couldn't love him more, such an amazing guy...and he gave me a kiss at checkout so now i have a huge older man crush! Chad and Sam were the comedy duo i expected and it was great to see Chad out at the final party when everyone else had gone home ;)

Overall, i have nothing to complain about, it was fantastic and i loved the whole experience. Thanks Showmasters! :blush:

I'm really happy to see loads of positive feedback ;) cause i really want SPN events to continue, cause SM/ME rock cons! :blush:

The couple of negatives about the stage being low etc....i dont really know what else could be done there, i was sat 4th/5th row and could see fine lol and im only 5'2...guess it depends who u get sat in front of you. One day we even sat right at the back of the hall, cause the view was a little better :D

I doubt they could make the stage higher, might be a health n safety rule in there somewhere lol but i thought the two massive screens were perfect for those who couldnt fully see :)