Harry potter

Abigail94

• 8 months later...

I don't mean to sound funny but I'm a massive HP fan and I've never heard of Muggle Mayhem, where were they advertising it? I know loads of people that would of gone to it, most of my friend list on Facebook love HP.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I actually started a petition in May to get a UK HP convention but I've only had 39 signatures even though I've tried to get thee wrod out as much as possible. go to:-

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/uk-har...convention.html

If you really do want a HP convention then sign it and pass it on, the more signatures it gets, the more chance we have of actually having a HP convention in the UK. We can show Showmasters that people do want this to happen.

Edited by Suzyweasley

Signed and passed on

this should deffo be given another shot :)

Oh yeah, if they got some bigger actors for it then I'm sure it would be a big hit. That's why I put the bit about who you would like to see so it would give Showmasters an idea of where to start.

Fingers crossed peeps xx

• Moderators

The organisers aren't stupid :D

They're fully aware of who the 'big' guests are from Harry Potter. It's not that they got 'smaller' guests because they're ignorant and don't have a clue about who to get. A number of them are BIG Harry Potter fans.

But it comes down to availability and costs etc. Even if they did get someone like one of the main three, it wouldn't necessarily be profitable for them because of the high cost of getting them there in the first place. After all, conventions have a limited amount of attendees.

No one said they were stupid, the petition is to show them that people would go to a HP convention if there was one. A lot of the answers about which actors they would want to meet aren't Dan, Rupert or Emma either, in fact the Phelps twins, Matt Lewis and Warrick Davis is coming up the most.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't mean to sound funny but I'm a massive HP fan and I've never heard of Muggle Mayhem, where were they advertising it? I know loads of people that would of gone to it, most of my friend list on Facebook love HP.

I'm the same. I think there is a demand for a con, but if people don't know about it then they won't buy tickets.

I just looked up Muggle Mayhem and I'm not surprised that there was low ticket sales, the guests were mostly small parts. they needed some bigger stars and the ticket sales would of gone through the roof

I disagree with this, sorry! There have been numerous Star wars conventions over the years without Mark, Carrie or Harrison. There have also been James Bond conventions which have never had Sean, Roger, Pierce or even George Lazenby.

People are aware that big names are unlikely to do them and even if they are announced they could pull out at anytime because of work commitments.

I'm going to The Games which IMO should be an interesting event purely because it's event based on a series of books and one film (hopefully part of the whole trilogy) that opens about 8 weeks before the con.

Most cons tend to be built up around TV series and most of the main guests are the stars or reccuring characters. If John Hurt had been announced for Muggle Mayhema nd he didn't cancel due to work commitments, how much would he realistically have to say about his role in the Potter films? His first outing in HPATPS may have been 3-4 days work.

There have been two Potter cons that have taken place, one with just one guest (Tonks) and another is happening this year. So it can work, if done properly and that starts with the promotion more than getting the big three, or seven if you count Rickman, Smith, Gambon and Coltraine

Edited by cunningham1471