Guest announcement Nina Muschallik

Dave Phillips

Wow! :firedevil::thumbup:

Why does heathrow have to be so expensive to get too this close to the date! :WINCE:

check around (though i'm sure you have, no offence meant). I'm travelling from Birmingham and one night at the hotel, national express travel to Heathrow and hoppa bus comes to £62.00.Not bad to be honest.Costs me the same for earls court and Olympia.

Wow!:D:thumbup:

Why does heathrow have to be so expensive to get too this close to the date! :WINCE:

check around (though i'm sure you have, no offence meant). I'm travelling from Birmingham and one night at the hotel, national express travel to Heathrow and hoppa bus comes to £62.00.Not bad to be honest.Costs me the same for earls court and Olympia.

Ive checked, and would cost me about £40 to get there, then entry, then an autograph..all for one person, so a little bit much this time lol.

I was thinking of using the pre-order service..but how do you know what photos are available and what to choose from?

when you order on the website, you could request a specific film/programme and whether she is on her own or with a particular actor/actress and see if they have something suitable.

Dave should be able to answer your query much better though to be honest.

Yeah, my worry though is if you ask for a particular type of photo, or a specific photo, but they dont have one..then what?

Like, if I said I wanted a glamour shot, say that last photo in the first post, but they didnt have any, or had run out..There is another photo from that photoshoot id have loved to get signed, but again they probably wont have it...or I asked for a James Bond photo of her on her own (ive tried googling and I cant find one!) and again, no luck (and I hate photos with multiple people in unless I know I can get everyone, so if I ended up instead with say the bond photo from the first post, id not be pleased as im never likely to get all 3 people)..

This is what kinda puts me off the pre-orders..

Sorry, the only other thing I can think of is if you have a friend going that you can give money to and they can text you pics of the prints available?

Hopefully Dave will be able to help you more.

Hang on, I am sure Dave answered a similar question recently, will scout around for you

*Edit

Okay, here is what I have found, also in the Autographica forum, in answer to a similar question (hope you dont mind me quoting you Dave)

hI there

Yes all you do is add the type of photo you want in the instructions.

We will do our best to match it up.

We cannot however absolutely guarantee the pic you want. You are welcome to send it in.

Dave Phillips

I wonder if that means that you are welcome to send in your preferred pic for them to get signed for you

Edited by Rhianydd

hI there

Yes all you do is add the type of photo you want in the instructions.

We will do our best to match it up.

We cannot however absolutely guarantee the pic you want. You are welcome to send it in.

Dave Phillips

I wonder if that means that you are welcome to send in your preferred pic for them to get signed for you

I think/assume that means sending in an already printed 8x10, but ive had a look around and theres just nothing high enough quality to get printed myself that I can find :D

Despite what one might hope, just because they have used an image to id a guest, it doesn't mean that they'll have it available on the day at all. Hence, both sets of folks, those there and those absent, will both be out of luck..

I was using those two as an example :thumbup:

I am not sure how the pre-orders are sourced.

One possible way is when all the 10 x 8's are in place on the first day with each guest, they go around at the start and collect the suitable images before it gets busy.

It depends where the 10 x 8's are coming from. If from SM, then they wont be on the tables until just before the doors open possibly for security reasons.

It is a mammoth job to match up all the images to the guests, and these are sorted before, but still have to be put out on the relevant tables by hand when the guests position for the day is decided

Often, guests remark how wonderful some of the images that SM source are, and ask to have a copy for themselves. I remember Virginia Hey when she saw the images Mark Grantham had created.

So, yes, it must be difficult to source images yourself Crippsy (sorry, if I spelt that wrong - sleepy lol)

Edited by Rhianydd