Anyone from Twilight?

sazanne

However, I can't see why on a general topic regarding guests attending which is not an announcement from showmasters and (for some reason hasn't been moved to the guest suggestions sections by the mods) I can't also agree or disagree with someone elses wishes for a certain type of guest.

:D:D:blink: huh?

My point about the topic was that any like 'anyone from Twilight' might get moved to guest suggestions part of the forum.

Otherwise, we'd end up with hundreds of topics, saying 'anyone from BSG at this event?' 'Anyone from Logan's Run at this event?' etc etc

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leanne I think you have made such valid points in this thread :D.

Why are people moaning? There was only one Twi guest at the last CM tucked away behind a little table in a lil hut thing... He barely took any room up. His photshoot barely took up anyones time or space... WHAT THE HE'LL IS THE PROBLEM? Lol

Theres room for lots of guests lol!! At all the events I've gone too I've never heard the Twi fans scream or shout or behave annoyingly at all!

I am not a fan of Twilight (far from it - sorry!) but it wouldn't bother me if guests are announced for this event so soon after ET4. I don't consider it greedy for fans of the franchise to make the request either. Having just attended Hallowhedon and going to Chevron next week, I would welcome more guests from those respective franchises to attend this event. To me the proximity of the events is irrelevant (althought my bank balance would disagree). The more guests that attend from something that I enjoy the better. I would say that is true of anyone no matter what you are a fan of.

Yes I have made a, unrealistic, request for Jewel to attend Chevron :D

As etmuse pointed out there were a couple of threads earlier this year knocking the amount of Star Wars guests attending events but DavidB is correct it is usually the Twilight fans that take the brunt of this criticism. I can't figure out why either. It is a franchise that has a fanbase. Surely that can't be a bad thing? Star Trek wouldn't have survived it's early years without the support it had - let alone be heading towards it's 50th year. It applies to anything, Dr Who has been 'regenerated' after a break and is in full flow again - you could argue it's popular than ever due to the extensive mdeia coverage compared to it's first run. Firefly still has a strong fanbase 8 years after the 14 episodes were produced. and so on.

oh my, I do hope my comment wasnt what started all this, if so my apologies.

I will say one thing though, ME show specific cons are very different to SM collectormania style cons. and the ME ones can be far more expensive and time consuming (travel, hotel costs on top of a more expensive ticket which is weekend only) so its not always an option for ppl including me, so it would be unfair to say this show will only get represented at ME show specific cons and not a collectormania, that would be unfair. wether it be TWI, SW, doctor who or trek ect ect.

also despite my disliking TWI films, for SM they are very lucrative no? didnt twice or 3 times the amount of ppl attend the last twi con compared to TW or halowheaden? so I can understand SM putting some guests into other cons like collectormania.

Edited by timelord81r

I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school... I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy...

SHE DOESN'T EVEN GO HERE

do you even go to this school?

this made meeeeeeeeee laugh!

AND. Im not being funny but at the end of the day, we only ever have 2ish... guests from twi saga come to collectormania's. Which some of the time has been reschedueled from ET's due to filming. So guests cant always make the weekend of twilight conventions, but do want to attend so Collectormania is an easy option.

I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school... I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy...

SHE DOESN'T EVEN GO HERE

No, I just have a lot of feelings..

SHE DOESN'T EVEN GO HERE

No, I just have a lot of feelings..

Go home...

Wow, before reading this post, I really enjoyed lfcc and the cm's, and felt really welcome, clearly I was delusional, seems that's not tha case at all and we really ain't welcome there at all by a fair few fanbases!!! :D

I was planning on going for a day anyway regardless of no twi guests as it's a great day out.....I won't be now :D

• Moderators

Please don't feel like that. That's exactly what I'm against ANYONE feeling.

No one should read anything on here and be made to feel unwelcome.

I'm sure no one means to make anyone feel that way. It's just they don't think about how others may take it unfortunately.

I'm sure no one means to make anyone feel that way. It's just they don't think about how others may take it unfortunately.

I agree with what David said.

You're entitled to attend as much as they are.

Don't let others' opinions get you down.

They're only a handful out of thousands remember! :thumbup:

This honestly does get rediculous. The slightest mention of Twilight and everyone jumps on board and starts to diss a fanbase which might I add is fairly big all over the world. What I'd like to point out is someone on here mentioned how Twi fans are all screaming teenage girlies. I guess myself as a 23 year old female and my partner who is a 25 year old male are also included in that cause all I can say is my partner definitely does not come under "screaming", "teenager" or "a girl". Can I also mention the fact that the fanbase ages for the Twi events ranges from as young as 10 year olds to others in their 40's so I think the teenage comment is way off base.

I'm also a fan of LotR, HP, Star Wars, and Star Trek to name a few. At the moment I'm seriously considering coming to CM London just for Cary Elwes, but whilst I'm there I'd also love to meet Armin Sherimen (sp?) and Michael Biehn (for a second time) cause they are all in films/TV programs I enjoy. I love how I won't be dissed for wanting to meet any of them but the minute a Twi guest is announced and I say I'm looking forwards to meeting them the Twi haters will all jump on me and start calling me a screaming teenage fangirl.

Also re the Robert Pattinson comment I met him at both Collectormania MK and Gmex obviously this was in his Harry Potter days and I'm happy I met him cause god knows if I'd ever get to meet him again now he's been in Twi.

Wow, before reading this post, I really enjoyed lfcc and the cm's, and felt really welcome, clearly I was delusional, seems that's not tha case at all and we really ain't welcome there at all by a fair few fanbases!!! :thumbup:

I was planning on going for a day anyway regardless of no twi guests as it's a great day out.....I won't be now :blush:

This seems like somewhat extreme behaviour, there will be thousands of people at the convention, I doubt anyone there is going to pointing, laughing or purposely trying to make anyone feel excluded.

BTW just to be clear (if this in relation to my post) my comment earlier on the thread was that I felt it was greedy to be looking for twilight guests so soon after a twilight con, I also made comments last month about there being too many Star Wars guests.

Anywho, shouldn't people have the courage of their convictions, if you are a fan of something it shouldn't matter if other people slag you off, it's a part of geek culture, it's what seperates us from them. Star wars, star trek, lotr etc fans have had to put up with people making fun of them for years.

This honestly does get rediculous. The slightest mention of Twilight and everyone jumps on board and starts to diss a fanbase which might I add is fairly big all over the world. What I'd like to point out is someone on here mentioned how Twi fans are all screaming teenage girlies.

So what if someone calls you a screaming teenage girl (especially if you are in fact a 25 year old dude) since when did "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me" become irrelevent, this is what kids are taught and I think it still applies (except it seems to twilight fans).

I know I'll probably get taken apart for having this opinion but I honestly think twilight fans get off a little on the (for want of a better word) persecution, it feeds into the whole forbidden love fantasy schtick.

Edited by Farqhuarbeedlebum

I know I'll probably get taken apart for having this opinion but I honestly think twilight fans get off a little on the (for want of a better word) persecution, it feeds into the whole forbidden love fantasy schtick.

Ugh forbidden love fantasy we all know Edward Cullen is a stalker, he's also a fairy princess because he sparkles and likes to run through the forest. Alot of us can quite happily take the mick out of Twilight but at the end of the day people always seem to make stupid assumptions about Twilight fans. I've had one person in the past tell me I know nothing about vampires because I like Twilight. This is one arguement I love more than anything because at the end of the day vampires don't exist so what right does anyone have to say one myth rules over another. Also I've seen and read a million and one different myths on vampires and they all intrigue me for their own reasons.

Wow, before reading this post, I really enjoyed lfcc and the cm's, and felt really welcome, clearly I was delusional, seems that's not tha case at all and we really ain't welcome there at all by a fair few fanbases!!! :thumbup:

I was planning on going for a day anyway regardless of no twi guests as it's a great day out.....I won't be now :blush:

This seems like somewhat extreme behaviour, there will be thousands of people at the convention, I doubt anyone there is going to pointing, laughing or purposely trying to make anyone feel excluded.

BTW just to be clear (if this in relation to my post) my comment earlier on the thread was that I felt it was greedy to be looking for twilight guests so soon after a twilight con, I also made comments last month about there being too many Star Wars guests.

Anywho, shouldn't people have the courage of their convictions, if you are a fan of something it shouldn't matter if other people slag you off, it's a part of geek culture, it's what seperates us from them. Star wars, star trek, lotr etc fans have had to put up with people making fun of them for years.

This honestly does get rediculous. The slightest mention of Twilight and everyone jumps on board and starts to diss a fanbase which might I add is fairly big all over the world. What I'd like to point out is someone on here mentioned how Twi fans are all screaming teenage girlies.

So what if someone calls you a screaming teenage girl (especially if you are in fact a 25 year old dude) since when did "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me" become irrelevent, this is what kids are taught and I think it still applies (except it seems to twilight fans).

Wow I'm honestly shocked. Geek culture? So that makes slaggjng people off ok? Erm no, just because u may get it for being a star trek fan or lotr wotever, does not give u the right to redirect it towards anyone else....... Especially if ur in this already geek culture as u put it.

I honestly felt like there was no judgement at these weekends, just fans amongst fans understanding wot it is to be a fan 'geek'.

Do I want to spend my weekend being looked down on by other fanbases who hold this childish opinion of a fanbase (ironically that twi fans are all screaming mental teens?!) No tbh I don't I'm not 12, I'm 22 for god sake n left the playground competitions ( whose the most worthly fan-base in this case) along time ago. Untill today I really had no idea that there was genuine dislike, for us fans and yes I feel extremely unwelcome now. I will stick to the et's.

Wow I'm honestly shocked. Geek culture? So that makes slaggjng people off ok? Erm no, just because u may get it for being a star trek fan or lotr wotever, does not give u the right to redirect it towards anyone else....... Especially if ur in this already geek culture as u put it.

Shocked? Really? Okay, well leaving that aside, yes I would definitely put Twilight fans in the same geek culture bracket as doctor who,lotr, star wars, HP, star trek etc fans.

What I meant was that being part of a fandom or part of geek culture also means having to put up with getting called names (I'm not saying it's right and it's not the way it should be but thats the way it is).

Do I want to spend my weekend being looked down on by other fanbases who hold this childish opinion of a fanbase (ironically that twi fans are all screaming mental teens?!) No tbh I don't I'm not 12, I'm 22 for god sake n left the playground competitions ( whose the most worthly fan-base in this case) along time ago. Untill today I really had no idea that there was genuine dislike, for us fans and yes I feel extremely unwelcome now. I will stick to the et's.

Does it really bother you so much that a Star Trek fan (or whoever) is looking down on you, a twilight fan? We are all geeks here. It's not like the slagging is of a personal nature, it's making fun of your hobby or interests. I make fun of my friends love of football the way they make fun of my love of conventions, I don't get all huffy with them or not hang out with them.

Perspective people!!!!!

U are missing the point...... Yes we are all part of the same thing which is why I'm so shocked to hear people in the same boat being so disrespectful to other fans on here.....

Also there is a major difference between banter with friends and just being rude to people u dnt know......

Banter is obvious in person amongst friends... Typed on here to people who may not know each other doesn't come across the same way.

U are missing the point...... Yes we are all part of the same thing which is why I'm so shocked to hear people in the same boat being so disrespectful to other fans on here.....

Also there is a major difference between banter with friends and just being rude to people u dnt know......

Banter is obvious in person amongst friends... Typed on here to people who may not know each other doesn't come across the same way.

:D

Here, here!

:D

Try looking at it like rival football teams, blah blah my teams better than yours etc etc

True, it should be viewed as being of even less importance and yet some people take it way too seriously. I'll say it again.............. so what if someone is making fun of Twilight or twilight fans, you choose to give it weight by acknowleging it.

one thing i want to point out is that not all teengae fans are screaming teenage girl fans. Im a teenager and like the twilight books and films (to an extent) and I dont scream I just get happy if a guest is announced from it. I just dont like the stereotype

I agree with this!

Although to not attend an event based on what's been said in this thread is taking it a bit far, IMO, but please no one ever feel like your not welcome at these cons, they are for us all, regardless of age race likes or anything! I think the banter point is also valid though, many a time I've been ridiculed for my like of dawsons creek on the boards, I take that as banter and would never not attend an event cos of it. I'm on my phone so not se

wowzers it's a bit tetchy in places on here isn't it :D

just cos i can i'd like to say i'm 33 i am enjoying reading the twilight books and have enjoyed the films i wear my team edward t-shirt and my buffy staked edward the end t-shirt i got at hallowhedon and don't worry if others don't like it. at the end of the day you like what you like. us geeks of all types should stick together ^_^ lets go have fun x

It's also rather patronising to suggest that every fan of Twilight will move onto something else in a couple of years. Yes, a lot will, just like a lot of kids grew out of wanting a Star Wars lampshade. But some will still be queueing for autographs when BooBoo has chest hair and Kristen Stewart is on the botox.

I'm going to stay clear of the whole debate/argument going on here BUT I had to say this make me giggle so much :D:lol:

Also, I will say, what with the large majority of the Twilight cast currently filming Breaking Dawn I can't imagine it will be easy for SM to get any of them over here, unless, of course, it's a cast member who has already ... 'left' the saga :lol: