Final Countdown...

i_am_your_angel_of_music

Hey Guys

just figured with us nearing the convention - the final countdown (if you will :wub:) i thought we could bring any burning questions that still need answering - convention wise, guest wise, hotel wise all into one big thread so its easier for peeps to get answers quicker!

:D

and GO!

:P my first question or query would be when we get to see that lovely final schedule, should we expect it before we go, or will it just be available to view on arrival? :D

It could be anytime really, I know at The Hub 3 it was posted on here a few days before the event but with The Hub 4 and Bad Wolf, they weren't actually posted online before the event. They were enlarged and stuck up on the walls of the hotel plus we got an individual schedule in our registration packs too at the weekend and it all worked fine, there were no problems for me anyway. I hope that helps, we might see one appear in the next few days. :wub:

Edited by Doctor Who

I really do understand the final queries bit,

but my only concern is that this thread could just start duplication of topics.

Someone already started a schedule query thread a few days ago, and a moderator has given as much information as we will have until ME actually give us the scheule.

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=62165

Nothing more we can tell you until they do I am afraid.

We are very happy to answer queries, thats what we are here for :wub:

But dont forget to have a quick look through the how things work topic, loads of useful information in there for new attendees :D

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=57754

As for the schedule, it usually goes up a couple of days before the con when everything is finalised. :D

Yeah i know there are other threads...

i just thought this could be more a...."pull it all together" thread..cause the others tend to get moved down the page, so anyone looking for quick answers could refer to one thread if its urgent. =)

Just an idea, i dont mind - just thought it might be useful for quick referral in the last couple of days.

and thanks for the answer to the question :wub: , was just looking for an update lol

i know i have seen schedules go up before hand and some ive jst seen at the event itself...just wondered if anyone knew which it would be for this con, thats all :D

Edited by i_am_your_angel_of_music

I have a question for those who have been to the Hilton before -

Is the hotel OK with you ordering takeaways to be delivered to the hotel?

I have heard the food at the hotel is kind of spendy so thought we could order in pizza, but I know some hotels aren't keen on you doing that.

And, if anyone has done it before, can you remember which company you ordered from?

• Moderators

I think they prefer you to have the hotel food, however I know people have had stuff delivered in the past. Pretty sure they have contact details behind reception or something. Can't remember what ones exactly, but general pizza places etc.

the hilton really varies, some are able to order outside food and get it delivered. One company we tried with said they werent able to deliver there anymore.

They tend to have a "special" offer at the bar, think it was a pizza for £9.99 last time

Perhaps someone who has been more successful recently will pop on here and advise.

• Showmasters Admin

;) my first question or query would be when we get to see that lovely final schedule, should we expect it before we go, or will it just be available to view on arrival? ;)

The schedule should be up VERY soon. We were just finalizing it this morning.

I have a question for those who have been to the Hilton before -

Is the hotel OK with you ordering takeaways to be delivered to the hotel?

I have heard the food at the hotel is kind of spendy so thought we could order in pizza, but I know some hotels aren't keen on you doing that.

And, if anyone has done it before, can you remember which company you ordered from?

Domino's is the pizza place. We asked for the number at the concierge desk.

I've thought of something - this is the first time I've gone to a con at a hotel not exclusively reserved for it. The Hilton looks pretty big - has anyone been to an ME con there before who can tell me how easy it is to find the assigned rooms and whatnot, assuming the same rooms are used?

I'm afraid we use different rooms for different events, based on their size, no point in having a hall big enough for an ET event (1000+ people) when it's an event with 300 people.

When you come in the the main lobby you will either see our reg desk in the lobby (or if not), then ask at the hotel reposition or concierge. They'll point you to our reg desk and they'll be able to tell you which rooms we're using for what.

Edited by Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin

I have a couple of questions about the Hilton: how close is it to the train station? Is breakfast included in the room price?And how much is a pint :)

Which train station?

It depends on your room rate the con rate usually includes it.

Not cheap, a pint is at least £3

Which train station?

It depends on your room rate the con rate usually includes it.

Not cheap, a pint is at least £3

Birmingham int'

Con rate room - I kind of thought it might be included, it just doesn't mention it on the email reservation I received

and £3 sounds pretty reasonable.. :)

this is a map from the NEC (which also has a shuttle from the airport)

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=58262

thanks I'll save that to my phone.. :WINCE: