Question about the Hilton

i_am_your_angel_of_music

Hey guys

Just kinda throwing this question out there...

I have only stayed at this Hilton once before for last years Hub event...and at the time they were a bit...lets say 'snotty' about paying cash on arrival for the hotel room - we had the card we reserved with but the hotel money actually in cash.

They eventually took the cash after we told them we dont own any credit cards...has anyone else had the same problem before? or is anyone planning to pay cash this time??

cause we are gonna be in the same situation and we do not have a credit card.

Cheers!

A friend of mine actually mentioned this to me saying that they wouldn't like me paying it all in cash, because at the time I only had the cash for the stay. Instead, I've put that money into an account so that I can pay by card just to avoid any drama. I don't really know if they will have a problem or not, I just want to be on the safe side.

yeah its one of them things...

part of me is thinking - ive done it before and paid in cash (they just didnt like it so much lol)

and the other part of me is starting to feel a bit wary incase they have more of a problem with it this time round...

even if i put it on my card, it isnt a credit card and last time they seemed to have a drama with accepting mums debit card for room service lol

its just getting me a bit argh at the moment! haha

I wouldn't get too worried about it, I can't see why they'd outright object to taking cash. They might not like it, but I can't see that it would be a serious problem, as long as its payment then they surely they'd take it... If you're really worried perhaps give them a quick call to ask? :chair:

I've had a couple of hotels be snooty about cash before. I believe it's in case of damage to the room etc..they want to be able to charge your card if need be. As you need a card to book the room in the first place you'd think having those details on record would be enough. It's nonsense. We actually lost our room in Philly a couple of years ago because we wanted to pay with cash, it was awful. Being turfed out onto the street in a city we knew nothing about. Thanks crappy hotel!

i kinda was thinking just to pay in cash, i mean if there was ever damage or extra charges they ahve a card on hold on the room when you book as a default so they can charge.

not that i plan to damage the room or anything but i thought the whole point of them holding card details was so they had a fall back but we can pay whatever way we wish so long as it's a valid card and not monopoly money?

they did seem a bit 'off' last time i was there but i put it down to them not realising that they might have to actually staff all the desks a bit more and have rooms ready on time etc. lol

all worked out in the end and they all seemed ok once the rush died down....at least that was my experience anyway.

At least at Chevron they didn't care if you used the card that you gave at time of reservation or not.

I couldn't find the one I had used in my wallet right away and the guy checking me in said it didn't matter if I gave him the card I guaranteed the reservation with or a different one.

was it at ET3 that flights the night before were cancelled and they had hundreds of unexpected guests, so they were still cleaning rooms and we couldnt check in until quite late?

They were really rushed that time.

Yeah, they need a credit card as a sort of deposit/collatoral against the room

yer that was ET3. i felt bad for the few non convention hotel users. they must have felt like they had fallen into some crazy hole of squeeing fangirls/boys. haha.